Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Troposphere posted:

It'd be even more confusing for him because his birth mom would be dating his adopted mom who also happens to be his birth mom's mom's step mom

So many moms!!

I can only imagine what Snow's face would look like when Emma says she's boning Regina.

e: Didn't Regina also get boned by Rumple? I seem to recall him hooking up with like all of his students.

Poor Henry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

esperterra posted:

e: Didn't Regina also get boned by Rumple? I seem to recall him hooking up with like all of his students.

Nope. He hooked up with Zelena and Cora; when Cora finished their thing, he asked if the baby (Regina) was theirs) and she laughed and said no, she was royal. Regina's always been more like a daughter/student to Rumple.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

He hooked up with Zelena?

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

Troposphere posted:

It'd be even more confusing for him because his birth mom would be dating his adopted mom who also happens to be his birth mom's mom's step mom

So many moms!!

Even right now, his dad's mom is his birth mom's boyfriend's ex-girlfriend.

I feel like this might've been the thread title at some point, but it's the drat truth - Once Upon a Time: Everyone is related to Henry.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

Ither posted:

He hooked up with Zelena?

I don't remember that either...

Kobanya
Aug 6, 2013
IIRC, there was a scene between Rumple and Zelena when Rumple was being controlled by her, but all they did was make out a bit after having dinner.

Plus, Rumple was being controlled, so I really doubt that counts towards anything.

Silent Linguist
Jun 10, 2009

My husband was convinced that Zelina was going to turn out to be Rumple's daughter and was kind of let down when they didn't go that way. It would've been a pretty natural choice and would've made her jealousy of Regina even stronger.

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

Silent Linguist posted:

My husband was convinced that Zelina was going to turn out to be Rumple's daughter and was kind of let down when they didn't go that way. It would've been a pretty natural choice and would've made her jealousy of Regina even stronger.

So she'd have killed her half brother and then was murdered by her father (who she once made out with)? That might be too messed up even for this show. lol

Silent Linguist
Jun 10, 2009

ashez2ashes posted:

So she'd have killed her half brother and then was murdered by her father (who she once made out with)? That might be too messed up even for this show. lol

Well, I think they wouldn't have included the make-out session...

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Looking at some trivia, I find it funny we were talking about "hottest guy," and we almost didn't have Colin O'Donoghue as Hook. Gil McKinney was offered it first, poor guy had auditioned for Daniel and lost, then Hook and obviously lost, to FINALLY get the role of Prince Eric.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
Idk why anyone would watch this show for the dudes except creepy Robert Carlyle fan girls because him and maybe Charming and Henry, sometimes, are the only male characters that are important at all and get any screen time. The love interests get a little more but are usually killed or otherwise written off. Hook hardly gets anything to do but occasionally look sad and be conflicted.

It's actually one of my favorite things about the show-- most of the important characters are women and they drive most of the story. It's the complete opposite of how things usually are and I love it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah. One of my favorite things about Charming is that his whole purpose on the show is to strut up bravely, fumble horribly at trying to do anything meaningful, and later use his soothing, story-time voice to give his wife a "Remember who you are!" moment. I also like that a lot of the women are mothers but still have an actual personality and character beyond "MY BABY!"

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I'm tired of Snow's need to meddle. Doesn't she realize she's not the hero anymore?

"The wooden man-child, how was he?"

Private Label
Feb 25, 2005

Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. BOOM. A sad desk. BOOM. Sad wall. It's art. Anything is anything.
So Pam/Maleficent's daughter is named Lilith? Oh please oh please let this be a True Blood crossover!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Hook being all jealous and passive-aggressive was funny as hell. Henry being smart for once was also refreshing.

Annoying? Allowing the master manipulators to continue, even knowing what they've done. I mean, Maleficent, Regina, EVERYONE knows Rumple set the stage for everything to happen to get his son back, right? So why are they all working together and fixating on Snow and Charming loving up, when the evil imp started up and continued the entire shenanigan until and throughout Storybrooke.

Also, you realize they locked this Author up because he was a prick, because he wrote the book with really bad intentions, hell, he was in charge of your parents doing what they did for you, as horrible as it was, and you think the best idea is to let him out? Even when you know that's exactly what Rumple wants too and you know the Author has control over what happens in the stories either way?

Characters being illogical bug the hell out of me.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Private Label posted:

So Pam/Maleficent's daughter is named Lilith?

But wow, Snow and Charming. Kidnapping a baby with the express purpose of twisting her into evil, just so they could wouldn't have to inconvenience themselves being the kinds of parents who could raise their child with a conscience. :stare:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Private Label posted:

So Pam/Maleficent's daughter is named Lilith? Oh please oh please let this be a True Blood crossover!
Darkstalkers.

Bunnita
Jun 12, 2002

Was it everything you thought it would be?
Lilly not Lilith, it was the girl Emma met and took the video of. At least stuff happened, watching this show a week at a time I had forgotten how slow the plot can move. I'm glad they answered the question about Ursula and Corella got to earth, though they look drat good for their age.

Private Label
Feb 25, 2005

Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. BOOM. A sad desk. BOOM. Sad wall. It's art. Anything is anything.

Bunnita posted:

Lilly not Lilith, it was the girl Emma met and took the video of.

I swear I heard "Lilith... Lily" but ah well. I clearly can't keep track of all these characters.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
March 8:

TheTarrasque posted:

So, the Author is Walt Disney, calling it now.

Not bad! Not "The" Author, but one of the past Authors.

These people are 1 step away from having a Grant Morrison Animal Man realization like in 'Deus Ex Machina' when the comic book character meets his creator:

Captain von Trapp posted:

But wow, Snow and Charming. Kidnapping a baby with the express purpose of twisting her into evil, just so they could wouldn't have to inconvenience themselves being the kinds of parents who could raise their child with a conscience. :stare:
Yeah pretty hard to walk back from that. Charming's pep talk about doing good from that day forward was not very compelling as a way to compensate for their villainy.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 30, 2015

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
When the peddler turned up I was like 'Oh it's that annoying DHARMA guy from the 70s in Lost!'

Now he's been unlocked I hope he bows out just like his Lost characters.

Also, gently caress the Charmings. Cruella still needs more dialogue. Regina was too whiny with empty threats.

Ursula and Cruella's portal trip was terrible but hilarious. 'Let me get all up in your grill and ignore the magic expanding from the ground here!'

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.

Private Label posted:

I swear I heard "Lilith... Lily" but ah well. I clearly can't keep track of all these characters.

You did. That other person is wrong... and right! The father said, "Lilith" then later on, "Lily" (which was just a shortened version).

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

It's sad that Cruella/Ursula were banished because they were trying to help out their friend and Maleficent is pissed off because the "heroes" kidnapped her baby and ditched it in another world. The true villains are Rumple and the Charmings.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Maybe there's a type of balance or zero sum game to the storytelling
So in order for the Dark One or Regina (or other villains) to get a happy ending, the Charmings have to perpetrate evil deeds even if that's against their usual parameters.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If they somehow managed to rob a bank somewhere so they could score up enough money to hire Bebe Neuwirth to play Emma's one-time childhood friend as Lillith from Frasier, I will mount a campaign to make sure this show wins every award.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Once August said "to a man named Walt" I was like yes good. This show is great and rules forever. gently caress any haters of this show.

Also thank god they did what they did to Charming and Snow this episode. They have become so boring, this spices them up a little bit. Also I'm not gonna lie, even I in real life watching the show felt a little chill seeing Emma's face when Snow and Charming were coming clean to her. Has she ever looked so pissed off before? She whipped her hand away so fast when Hook went to grab it it broke the sound barrier

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

It's weird though; the Charmings decried being separated from their daughter for years to a foreign land to be raised by strangers, but they did the same thing, before theirs was even born.

Silent Linguist
Jun 10, 2009

So are we supposed to think Rumple's dying for some reason? That's certainly the impression I got from his monologue to Belle.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

foxatee posted:

You did. That other person is wrong... and right! The father said, "Lilith" then later on, "Lily" (which was just a shortened version).

Such a great name. Lilith is an archetypal evil name.

Silent Linguist posted:

So are we supposed to think Rumple's dying for some reason? That's certainly the impression I got from his monologue to Belle.

Yes I feel like I missed something with that scene. Are we supposed to know what's going on? What would prevent him from coming back?

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

Maybe Rumple wants to be the next Author?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Bunnita posted:

Lilly not Lilith, it was the girl Emma met and took the video of.
Wow, totally missed that connection there.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

Sober posted:

Wow, totally missed that connection there.

They even made a point of mentioning it in the same episode.
"Hey, remember that girl Lily I talked about?"

"We're gonna name this baby Lilith... Or Lily for short, so the audience realizes they're the same person."

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

foxatee posted:

"We're gonna name this baby Lilith... Or Lily for short, so the audience realizes they're the same person."

Yeah, she was in the "previously on..." too, so I knew it was going to be her.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

foxatee posted:

And that immediate cut to Emma when Mal says something like "someone must know her".

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

Gotta drive the point home, you know?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I think the show was PRETTY clear Emma's childhood friend Lily is Maleficent's baby, Lilith/Lily.

Look at the wrists.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm pretty sure if they put a giant neon sign saying THE SAME PERSON pointing to baby Lilly and runaway Lilly, it wouldn't have been that much more obvious.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I guess if you completely zoned out during Emma's childhood flashbacks you could easily miss who Lily is.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

The second graphic novel of Once Upon a Time is out. The stories are ones that delve into the past of the characters Hook, Belle and Rumple, Regina, and Hatter. Just got it and I have to say, it was good, but so bittersweet. Also, really odd to have a character in the mythos now with my (actual) name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Pan Dulce posted:

Also, really odd to have a character in the mythos now with my (actual) name.

Your parents named you Rumplestiltskin? What a pair of bastards.

• Locked thread