Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine
So are we just dropping the whole Gravitonium plot thread until Skye's powers are ridiculous enough to reasonably take on Graviton?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chokes McGee posted:

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that Bobbi is a triple agent. Infiltration and acting is totally Mockingbird's poo poo and the only person in the Marvel Universe better than her at it is Widow. I imagine she's going to be all MY COVER'S BEEN BLOWN PHIL WE HAVE TO GET TO HUNTER

Then why would coulson and may need to find out what Mack is up to?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Bobbi's working for Fury not Coulson.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

swickles posted:

Fitz is an interesting case as far as character development goes. Pre-brain damage, in season 1, Fitz was mostly a source of comedic relief. Sarcasm, naivete, and a cheeky accent all made the show a bit lighter. Then he gets brain damage and for a while has trouble even communicating basic thoughts. Obviously he has gotten better, but he is no longer a source of that light heartedness that helped the first season (at least the 2nd half). Now, he seems to be the moral grounding force for the team. The Koenig's took over for the fun stuff for a bit, but we haven't seen them since the hiatus. I like Fitz, but I want to see him toss out more jokes, or at least start to be sarcastic again for some injection of humor.

I used to gripe about something with the Season 1 cast: The redundancy.

May and Ward were both "Expert Combat People."
Fitz and Simmons were both "Expert Science People."
.. which let Coulson and Sky as the entire rest of the original group. It felt like 4 characters split into 6.

However now, it's clear why they did this; shattering Fitz & Simmons and sending them in reverse directions from such a similar starting point is pretty cool, and not only did May move up from being "expert combat person" to add "Second in Command" to her resume, but Ward.. well we all know what happened there. Honestly while I think the majority of season 1 was pretty eh, it really does help that they established a "daily grind" before tearing it all down in the long run and every all the lackluster characters/story of the week stuff ended up actually having a pay off, which is incredibly rare for a show like this.

Honestly I think I'd have more fun watching the first season a second time than I did initially, given how they wove all the episodic stuff back in. But I still think it was a huge mistake not to make some of this more apparent at the start; most people I've mentioned the show's improvement to refuse to believe it.

Chakram posted:

So are we just dropping the whole Gravitonium plot thread until Skye's powers are ridiculous enough to reasonably take on Graviton?

It just occurred to me that Earthquake powers were very smart for another reason beyond story: You don't need a huge budget to rattle the camera and shake some pots & pans, which is what 99% of it is. The occasional fancy CGI burst is just a cherry on top with them.

I bet it costs far, far less effects wise for Skye to use her powers than the teleporting inhuman to use his.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Mar 28, 2015

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Chakram posted:

I'm fine with not having Graviton around. Graviton is a weird villain, because he is ridiculously OP, and can take down most superhero teams without breaking a sweat, but he doesn't have some over-arching scheme like world domination. He's just kind of a creepy dude with superpowers that can't really be beaten, just talked down from his latest crazy plan.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Mar 28, 2015

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine

thrakkorzog posted:

I'm fine with not having Graviton around. Graviton is a weird villain, because he is ridiculously OP, and can take down most superhero teams without breaking a sweat, but he doesn't have some over-arching scheme like world domination. He's just kind of a creepy dude with superpowers that can't really be beaten, just talked down from his latest crazy plan.

Between the recent D-list villain team-up, everything involving Ward post-twist, and Blizzard's painfully ambiguous "death," that seems perfectly comic booky enough for this show.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Bobbi's working for Fury not Coulson.

Working for Fury pretending to be working for Coulson pretending to be Real SHIELD.

It's all a plot to get his own toolbox back. Coulson's finally going to be like "You could've just asked for me for it!" and after a moment of silence Fury will go, "Huh. Yeah, guess so."

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Working for Fury pretending to be working for Coulson pretending to be Real SHIELD.

It's all a plot to get his own toolbox back. Coulson's finally going to be like "You could've just asked for me for it!" and after a moment of silence Fury will go, "Huh. Yeah, guess so."

I can totally see that hapening, too. Probably no more than a few episodes before Age Of Ultron comes out.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Chokes McGee posted:

Working for Fury pretending to be working for Coulson pretending to be Real SHIELD

And at the beginning she was pretending to work for Hydra in addition to all of that. Though to go full Comic Books you'd need to have Stark mixed in there somewhere too.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Wait, are we up to sextuple-agent for Bobbi at this point in the theory?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

thrakkorzog posted:

I just read about him on Wikipedia and am kind of going "What the gently caress?"

Gravity powers. OK, I get that - very powerful, and I can see how it would screw a lot of heroes over... but apparently this has also made him completely immortal and able to grow 50 feet tall? Even by comic standards his power set is horrendously madlibs. I really hope if they bring him back on the show, they stick to immense gravity-centered powers. It really seems easy enough to make him an absolutely credible threat with all that other tacked on trash.

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine
I just want the Graviton from the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon. :colbert:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Red Queen posted:

Wait, are we up to sextuple-agent for Bobbi at this point in the theory?

She's secretly working for Galactus

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Well, the immortality and size thing can make sense if you just hand-wave it as him using his powers to distort space-time. It's no dumber than Magneto's magnetic personality.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Or his ability to cure brain damage because of the iron in someone's blood, to use an example from the last twenty years

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Where did we land on making a Daredevil thread? Is someone doing it? Or are we going to keep Marvel chat to this thread for now?

I could post one up if no one else is.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
ctrl + f "Doctor Who" and you'll find it.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I would be cool with talking Daredevil here and making this the Marvel Television thread if Netflix had a standard release schedule but since they will just dump the whole season out there at once it should probably have is own thread.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I would have sworn that someone already made a "Marvel Netflix Shows" or "Netflix Daredevil" thread, with provisional spoiler rules that tags should be used for the first week after they hit netflix (because not everyone will marathon the whole thing the night they are released and might want to discuss things that come up halfway through the season without seeing spoilers for the finale and so on). I vaguely remember a mod indicating that if that worked well it would become the new policy for any netflix show where the whole thing is released at once. Seemed reasonable to me, a nice medium between "Everything is a spoiler if I havent seen it so stop loving discussing it" and "Nothing is a spoiler, gently caress you if you didnt stay up all night getting to the end of the season".

So either that thread exists and its just not on the first 3 pages (as far back as I could be arsed looking) or I'm gettng confused with a discussion someone had about starting such a thread, or I just had a really banal dream about someone starting a daredevil thread and none of that was ever said.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Finding forum threads is really hard you guys :(

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705666

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Wait the search function works now?!

In any case that takes care of that; thanks for sorting it out for the lazy sods like me!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Seems this needs to be spoiler tagged...

Looks like Lucy Lawless will be back on AoS this week. I'm guessing it's going to be a flashback, but then again, we never got hard, visual
confirmation that she died, and this is a show based on comic books, so...

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 30, 2015

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Good spoiler, thanks.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

GreenNight posted:

Good spoiler, thanks.

Casting poo poo has been fair game for literally ever I'm pretty sure, settle down Francis.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah, except when a character is coming back from death, but alright.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

GreenNight posted:

Good spoiler, thanks.

If you go read a forum thread regarding an on-going show, you have to expect spoilers.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
that tweet has single handedly ruined the rest of the season for me, sorry

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

GreenNight posted:

Yeah, except when a character is coming back from death, but alright.
Except we don't know that's what's happening. As said, it could just as easily be a flashback.

That being said, it's a comic book show. If we didn't see the body ground into a fine paste and set on fire, it's not shocking when they turn out to be alive.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

R.E.A.L.S.H.I.E.L.D. made reference to Izzy's death too, right? So likely she's still dead and either it'll be a flashback or Lawless will be playing Izzy's sister who was mentioned a couple of times in the first two episodes.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Slugworth posted:

Except we don't know that's what's happening. As said, it could just as easily be a flashback.

That being said, it's a comic book show. If we didn't see the body ground into a fine paste and set on fire, it's not shocking when they turn out to be alive.

Yep. Example of a perm-death:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

enraged_camel posted:

I forgot how gory that was. He gibbs big time.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
TV-PG, family friendly, kids choice awards!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Whether or not it may be a flashback or coming back from the dead, bringing up a character returning after they've gone out of the show in that manner without spoiler tags is against TV IV's rules. It could potentially be a spoiler. So it's not an ill-conceived notion to expect following the rules, even if it is a comic thread too.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

twistedmentat posted:

I forgot how gory that was. He gibbs big time.

My favorite part is the shot of Coulson afterwards where he gets his sweet one-liner in before calmly walking away, as two dead SHIELD agents that Garret killed are just lying there like 5 feet away from him.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

You can clearly see examples of genetic material surviving that explosion, not permanent enough in a comic book world IMO.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm not sure if I want BullSHIELD to stick around or be wrapped up, but I'm glad it looks like they're going to stop being an unknown entity what with Hunter escaping and Bobbi going for a 6 hour smash-and-grab.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Pan Dulce posted:

Whether or not it may be a flashback or coming back from the dead, bringing up a character returning after they've gone out of the show in that manner without spoiler tags is against TV IV's rules. It could potentially be a spoiler. So it's not an ill-conceived notion to expect following the rules, even if it is a comic thread too.

Yeah guys, don't trigger anyone. TV, like the Internet, is Serious Business.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
In arrow people posted about Tommy and Moira and Sarah all guest starring despite them being dear and no one cared. Because just cause someone is guest starring doesn't actually mean anything narratively.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
To be fair, how many times has Sarah died and come back at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I bet she comes back again before the end of the season, then gets on a boat which immediately explodes. She is weak against boats, you see.

• Locked thread