Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Michael Jackson posted:

Seriously? I am glad i took my screwdrivers with me even though this is a vacation at MOM IS HOUSE.

While you're at it, do one of those online tests for the Superfish-backdoor. They haven't been on the ball about recalling the machines with it installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Pondex posted:

While you're at it, do one of those online tests for the Superfish-backdoor. They haven't been on the ball about recalling the machines with it installed.

Whaaat? :psyduck: I am glad i posted in this thread or else i would maybe encounter these problems unprepared. Lenovo wtf?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I can't guarantee there will be loose screws, but it's definitely worth checking.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Pondex posted:

I forgot about that, luckily mine was all clear, but if you need the software to check for it and remove it Lenovo have it on their website http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/product_security/superfish_uninstall

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

beato posted:

I forgot about that, luckily mine was all clear, but if you need the software to check for it and remove it Lenovo have it on their website http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/product_security/superfish_uninstall

thanks, bookmarked.

my recent other purchase was pillars of eternity but my laptop is too weak. :negative:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

External HDD. Gonna swap the 2TB into my PS4 and use the 500GB for something undecided.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

beato posted:

I wouldn't trust anything from Lenovo , I'm prety sure all the major anti malware programs all offer similar removal help , plus it's easy to manually remove Superfish, there were day 1 instructions with pictures.

TastyShrimpPlatter
Dec 18, 2006

It's me, I'm the
Gun parts

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
PYF Recent Purchases: Lenovo Victims Support Group.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Bape Culture posted:

Centre of Warwick old town. Used to be a bakery in the 1800s. Love it.

What, Warwick in the UK? CV34 Warwick?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Teach posted:

What, Warwick in the UK? CV34 Warwick?

Yeah

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Warwick is pretty as hell. Nice work.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

PhazonLink posted:

I wouldn't trust anything from Lenovo , I'm prety sure all the major anti malware programs all offer similar removal help , plus it's easy to manually remove Superfish, there were day 1 instructions with pictures.

Of course this post string happens the literal day after I order an X250 from the Lenovo website. Goddammit.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Just remembered that Amazon Pantry exists so I ordered a bunch of food and sodas cause I really don't want to leave my house unless it's absolutely needed. Not sick or anything, just kinda hermitizing this week.

Oh yea, cat litter too. Cheaper with free prime shipping than me buying it at the local walmart.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

1redflag posted:

Of course this post string happens the literal day after I order an X250 from the Lenovo website. Goddammit.

If I recall correctly, ThinkPads weren't infected. Double-check, though.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

How do you shoot through that?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

reformed bad troll posted:

How do you shoot through that?

would you like to know :smuggo:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nice giggle switch! Looks like a real pain in the rear end to shoot though.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

FredLordofCheese posted:

Another good reason for single speed / fixie is that there is so little that can go wrong. Maintenance is simple and replacing parts is cheap.

Content:

Got some ugly shoes
Quoc Pham Fixed (got the light brown) for riding to offsite meetings where I need to look nice.

I need these or similar, do you now if they're only available in the UK, or if there's any way to get these in the US?

Herbicidal Maniac has a new favorite as of 23:00 on Mar 29, 2015

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
13-inch: 2.7GHz
with Retina display
Specifications
2.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
8GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 memory
256GB PCIe-based flash storage1
Intel Iris Graphics 6100
Built-in battery (10 hours)2
Force Touch trackpad

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LTBS posted:

with Retina display
Specifications
Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
Intel Iris Graphics 6100
Force Touch trackpad

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Doesn't have a turbo boost switch though. Total deal-breaker.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Well, your place looks nicer than my Cape Road place, for sure. Congrats.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

LTBS posted:

with Retina display
Specifications
Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
Intel Iris Graphics 6100
Force Touch trackpad

Mini WiFi router/bridge/extender/repeater so I can get a signal in the garage.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Since this thread seems a lot more trafficked than the recommendation thread, can someone recommend me a wifi video camera that can record to a local pc (not cloud based)? Also, my pc is a mac. Short of that, a camera with good picture that I can view remotely? I've looked at the dropcam and while the picture is good apparently, it will only save to their subscription based cloud service.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Since this thread seems a lot more trafficked than the recommendation thread, can someone recommend me a wifi video camera that can record to a local pc (not cloud based)? Also, my pc is a mac. Short of that, a camera with good picture that I can view remotely? I've looked at the dropcam and while the picture is good apparently, it will only save to their subscription based cloud service.

doesn't nest make one?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pukestain Pal posted:

doesn't nest make one?

Yeah, it's Dropcam.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Yeah, it's Dropcam.

"Our optional Cloud Recording service automatically saves live video on a rolling basis"

Looks like you don't have to have it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

CAH is really good at knowing when I have a party where I've been asked to bring my cards with me.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pukestain Pal posted:

"Our optional Cloud Recording service automatically saves live video on a rolling basis"

Looks like you don't have to have it.

Yeah but that's the only way to save video. Local saving isn't an option with dropcam, which is why I wanted something different.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Nice kicks. I may pick up a set since I'm running my Gazelles into the ground.
Content:
Stopped by local comics store for 1st time in about 2 years & picked up some stuff:

The Shaolin Cowboy Burly Man Comics TBP

The Shaolin Cowboy Adventure Magazine, collection of stories with Darrow's art.

Battle Angel Alita: The Last Order Omnibus Volume 2. I didn't realize they're up to the 5th Omnibus, so I have a lot to catch up on.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Android Bicyclist posted:

Battle Angel Alita: The Last Order Omnibus Volume 2. I didn't realize they're up to the 5th Omnibus, so I have a lot to catch up on.

I remember reading the series many years ago. How's the story / quality so far?

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

This is a good shoe. I've got a pair in burgundy, and two pairs of Busenitz - light and dark gray.

Sound_man
Aug 25, 2004
Rocking to the 80s

Check out Foscam

FredLordofCheese
Aug 16, 2005

Hey there, here's your pizza, may I ask why you are wearing that sheer robe?

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

I need these or similar, do you now if they're only available in the UK, or if there's any way to get these in the US?

I bought them in SF at mission workshop and they have them available online: http://missionworkshop.com

Check the distribution page here for other states:
http://quocpham.com/index.php?main_page=faq&tag=311

They fit perfect. I wear a 41 to 42.5 and a 41 was ideal. They have only gotten more comfortable the longer I wear them.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

obi_ant posted:

I remember reading the series many years ago. How's the story / quality so far?

I'm a sucker for Yokito Kishiro & so far his art holds up. I'm curious how he's going to wrap up a lot of plot threads he's got going though...

I bought these a week ago while in CA on my way to Yosemite but whatevs.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Gun/Bike/Coffee/Photography joke

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Off topic, is there a story to this other than middle eastern money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

rotaryfun posted:

Off topic, is there a story to this other than middle eastern money?

nope.