Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Fat Lowtax posted:

Actually yeah, I wonder if that's as good as it's ever been
I think Beth Phoenix, Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, Zach Ryder, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk is still the high water mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Astro7x posted:

STFU. Wrestlemania was awesome

I didn't catch the first half of mania, but other than Orton/Rollins and Brock/Someonewhocares/Rollins, the rest of the matches were bleh. Taker/Bray was bland and sluggish with a bizarre tripping over stairs botch thing and Cena/Rusev was also sluggish with weird booking.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

This was a way better show live than it was on paper. They actually understood that HHH/Sting had to be really dumb to work. Stuff that I thought had no chance of being good was awesome.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

die bix die!!!

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

britishbornandbread posted:

I don't like Roman Reigns but he looked great tonight. Fair play WWE

Imho he completely ruined it with his sheepish smile.

What kind of plan is that supposed to be ? Expect Brock to get careless by provoking him, in the meantime I'm gonna eat more finishers than Taker ?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I wasn't looking, did Brock blade or was it hardway?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I did not see the ending of that match at all. That was fantastic! What a fun show!

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

X7 would like a loving word Bryan

That's not bryan

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Dan Ryckert's gotta be over the goddamn moon right now.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

With that ending, I have a feeling Vince is digging his heels in with Reigns being The Guy.

Yeah a feud with Reigns is def incoming, but Rollins is a better partner to work off of IMO. Probably drop the title to Reigns at SummerSlam. Unless my dream of reviving the Ambrose/Rollins feud happens. (Now it sure as hell won't)

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

slev posted:

he rammed his head into a post

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

slev posted:

If he bladed he would have done it while hitting the post so pretty sure hardway

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

The real Meltz opinion on the main event

quote:

BROCK LESNAR VS. ROMAN REIGNS FOR WWE TITLE

Incredible match and finish. It was similar early to the Cena vs. Lesnar SummerSlam match where there were a ton of suplexes over and over Lesnar hit one F-5 early but didn't try the pin. He hit a second one and Reigns kicked out. He hit a third one and Reigns kicked out again. Reigns threw Lesnar into the post and Lesnar bled like you wouldn't believe. He was bleeding all over the place and Reigns made his comeback. Reigns hit several superman punches and Lesnar didn't even go down. He finally put Lesnar down on the third Superman punch and hit two spears but Lesnar kicked out. He tried a spear but Lesnar picked him up and gave him another F-5. Lesnar collapsed. Both were dead. Seth Rollins came in and handed the ref the brifcase. It became a Triple Threat match. He went for the curb stomp on Lesnar, Lesnar put him on his shoulders for an F-5. Reigns then speared Lesnar and both went down. Reigns and Lesnar were dead and Rollins gave Reigns the curb stomp and pinned him, so Rollins won, Lesnar didn't lose and Reigns was portrayed in a totally positive light in losing. Really brilliant booking her because you can do Reigns vs. Rollins now and Lesnar against both guys, and even Lesnar vs. Reigns because nobody won that match.

This was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Several great matches, a killer angle and very little that wasn't good.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

That's not bryan

Who cares its still stupid

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Roman shoot rammed Brock into the post because's he an unsafe chump

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:

Goodpart posted:

So why did the world champ lose clean to Randy Orton again? On the night that he won the title, no less?

He has a nice big target on him now.

Lesnar - You never beat me for the championship
Reigns - You stole my Wrestlemania moment
Orton - I beat you at Wrestlemania

Bring on Raw!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

slev posted:

considering it was a focal point of the match storyline i'm guessing it was a blade job

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cool main event, glad to see that cashing in to make a title match a three way worked out better for rollins than the last time he tried that stunt

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Brock looked like he was bleeding from somewhere on top of his head.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Mechafunkzilla posted:

That Lesnar blade job was slick as hell. I guess he bladed off-camera RIGHT before getting posted?

I guess but he was busted open the hard way twice before. How the gently caress do you do that

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Cardboard Box posted:

he rammed his head into a post

My goodness. Is the post okay?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Authorman posted:

I didn't catch the first half of mania, but other than Orton/Rollins and Brock/Someonewhocares/Rollins, the rest of the matches were bleh. Taker/Bray was bland and sluggish with a bizarre tripping over stairs botch thing and Cena/Rusev was also sluggish with weird booking.

Yeah Taker/Bray was Taker selling like he has Parkinson's, not that good but not a complete bedshitting like last year.

Cena/Rusev was worth it for the tank. I get the feeling something was supposed to happen with the shoes that didn't happen?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

slev posted:

The way Brock blades is he hardways himself.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

This was a way better show live than it was on paper. They actually understood that HHH/Sting had to be really dumb to work. Stuff that I thought had no chance of being good was awesome.

The only thing is that it will probably lead to DX vs NWO/Sting at a future PPV that will make WCW Hogan/Piper in a cage look like Flair/Steamboat.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Once again, loving YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Best possible outcome, other than Reigns getting murdered outright by Brock.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

brock LOVES hardways from the post

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?
This was an overall bad Wrestlemania that will forever be remembered for an amazing final five minutes.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Neodoomium posted:

That PPV should have been the absolute worst and it was not, so good job

HHH beating Sting is still remarkably dumb though

I think the whole Rock/Ronda thing was an excuse because you can't have Hunter lose if he's going to do a Hunter/Rock altercation with celeb guest. Yeah you could have done it on Raw but it wouldn't be the same.

HHH plays 5th dimention chess if he doesn't want to job.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Cena/Rusev was worth it for the tank. I get the feeling something was supposed to happen with the shoes that didn't happen?

it was so lana could do a bump off the apron without her heels on

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Taken from Twitter: Seth Rollins is the first WWE Champion to be younger than WrestleMania

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

If the crowd was into Reigns as a face and that match happened exactly the same with him going over and no Seth, that main event would've been an all-timer.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Retail Slave posted:

I'm interested in seeing what they'll be doing with the IC and US belts now.

Bryan will job to midcarders and Cena will run around and be Cena

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAxMtoBU9k8

Someone who starred in a gay fetish video is the undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Champion of the World, and I couldn't be happier. We've come a long way. :911:

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I still feel like most of that card blew but the main event ended up being worth it

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Alain Post posted:

you can totally do that with a turn though! see Rock, The

Reigns was always better as a heel and Rollins as a face anyway

I mean as the New Cena.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

The real Meltz opinion on the main event

to have dave say this is one of the best shows he's ever seen is really something

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Jimmy Jacobs is gonna get a huge fuckin raise

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Big Dave posted:

This was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Several great matches, a killer angle and very little that wasn't good.
The crowd live must have been absolutely nuclear, because while I thought it was a good show, it was nowhere near "best ever" levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

slev posted:

Definitely wasn't hardway, his forearm was between his head and the post. Also nobody is going to hardway themselves on a loving ringpost.

• Locked thread