Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Pina Coladas posted:

He has a nice big target on him now.

Lesnar - You never beat me for the championship
Reigns - You stole my Wrestlemania moment
Orton - I beat you at Wrestlemania

Bring on Raw!

Plus Ambrose - I'm in this because the shield

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Greatest night in the history of sports entertainment, best WrestleMania ever, Seth ROLLINS is the man!!

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

T3hRen3gade posted:

This was an overall bad Wrestlemania that will forever be remembered for an amazing final five minutes.
Bad is pushing it. The only thing really bad was the filler and most of the Sting HHH nonsense. At the same time not a lot of it was super amazing. So it was good, above average. Not as good as last year

Azuroru
Jan 22, 2015

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

T3hRen3gade posted:

This was an overall bad Wrestlemania that will forever be remembered for an amazing final five minutes.

i enjoyed it top to bottom, friend

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Flash your Dick on Social Media

Become WWE Champion

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Pina Coladas posted:

Bring on Raw!

it's going to be crash holly levels of running from people who want to kick his rear end

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ronda Rousey.

Seth Rollins.

Daniel Bryan.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Suben posted:

HHH/Sting ending felt like the entire point was "Well, guess WWE was better after all. :smug: "
It absolutely was

and after Sting came out on Monday and went "this match isn't WWE vs WCW, that's a dumb idea" too

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Definitely wasn't hardway, his forearm was between his head and the post. Also nobody is going to hardway themselves on a loving ringpost.

If it was hardway it was pretty much the greatest coincidence ever in a wrestling match

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Pina Coladas posted:

Bring on Raw!

That's EXACTLY what a good title win should do

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Fiveace Attorney posted:

I'm having a hard time deciding if the Rusev/Cena match was better than Taker/Bray

In my mind easily, since Rusev was so effective with his story telling and heel work.

Also Bray/Taker didn't have a SPRINGBOARD STUNNER.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

After the first cut Brock got on his cheek you can see a blade flop into the ring, I don't know how everyone missed that.

That said, doesn't matter, wrestlemania was great

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
So it looks like wrestle mania is cool and good and not bad like you thought, lol

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Ages posted:

Rollins, Bryan, Cesaro and Kidd are all champions. Awesome

oh, and cena too

If only Punk had a little more patience.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
I like finally having a sneaky conniving clever heel champion

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Astro7x posted:

STFU. Wrestlemania was awesome

First time since last year that the show ended with a huge grin on my face

It really wasn't. Great main event, great opener, a whole lot of poo poo in the middle. The main event ending well doesn't suddenly make all the awful stuff good.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Animal-Mother posted:

If only Punk had a little more patience.

and a better immune system

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

So happy that we got a decent WM ending, I love you all, I love my avatar for the next year. :woop:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Authorman posted:

I didn't catch the first half of mania, but other than Orton/Rollins and Brock/Someonewhocares/Rollins, the rest of the matches were bleh. Taker/Bray was bland and sluggish with a bizarre tripping over stairs botch thing and Cena/Rusev was also sluggish with weird booking.
yeah this is all accurate. cena/rusev was a good match but nothing special, ajpaige/bellas was a passable divas match, hhh/sting was worthless garbage, taker/bray was a better match but still boring and worthless, the tag champ match was pretty good, intercontinental ladder match was an average wrestlemania ladder match.

this would have been a completely unremarkable wrestlemania if it weren't for that fantastic main event.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
tonight my mom said nattie was looking hot, big show was stupid, taker is old and boring and roman reigns cant wrestle. good mom.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

lol Chioda discount doublechecking

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well, as someone who decided to get the show an hour before it started and who Foochs very politely wished good luck in not feeling cheated I'll say that Wrestlemania... met my expectations? I wasn't exactly hyped but I knew there'd be people working their asses off, a couple of good matches, and some cool moments.

Cena/Rusev was pretty much perfectly done and a really good match. The ladder match was a good chaotic show and the right guy went over.

Sting/HHH didn't work for me at all and I think it was a giant joke. But that's what I expected so I'm at peace with it. Same with Taker/Wyatt.

Divas was ok, nothing special, nothing bad. I'm sure the Rousey segment was cooler on paper.

The main event was the one that kind of rose above a bit and surprised me a little. Its actually more or less what I expected. I figured there were better than 50/50 odds Rollins walks out of the show with the title given how bad Reigns' reactions were but they did a very good job booking that match to get there. Lesnar destroying Reigns 90% of the time didn't do Roman any favors but kept the crowd engaged and was fun to watch and Reigns' inevitable comeback spots where handled well with Brock cutting them off or then leading into the Rollins' cash in. Like I said, it didn't shock me but it was well done to get themselves out of the mess they had created with minimal damage. Reigns looked like a no talent chump with two moves but I suppose that's better than having the crowd loath him by making it an even match.

So yeah, that was ok. I got my $10 worth. I'm probably canceling the Network because I'm not that interested in watching Extreme Rules or whatever and the feed hosed up on me a bunch so I'm very annoyed by the quality of the Network. But I dropped $10 and I'm ok with how I spent it. And I'm a little impressed with how WWE handled a mess they made (even if its undercut by being unimpressed how they handled other situations).

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
The belt is going to look bad with the SR logos on it, imo.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

And to think this man's dick was all over social media a few weeks ago.

Something something Hulk Hogan HBK something.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Cardboard Box posted:

i enjoyed it top to bottom, friend

This, and also with sexual innuendo.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Rollins just SPRINTING up the ramp after his win like he just stole a million bucks was the best part.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Seriously, can't remember ever being less excited for a Wrestlemania only to be impressed in the end. A great ending and a lot of goofy theatre is all I need to forgive a lot of stuff.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

projecthalaxy posted:

Ronda Rousey.

Seth Rollins.

Daniel Bryan.

Nattie.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
everyone saying this 'mania was bad please go watch an actual bad 'mania and then come back

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
That WM was not flawless: the Divas should have gotten another 4-5 minutes and not been such a Raw match; Bray-Undertaker should have been more eventful; Sting should have won; the HHH-Steph-Rock-Ronda segment could have been paced much better.

But I loving loved every second of that. Terminators, Asian STOMP, communist invasion, Ronda Rousey, the best possible result for the main event.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Truer words never spoken.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mayostard posted:

The belt is going to look bad with the SR logos on it, imo.

At least the logo won't loving spin.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I feel like the only real letdown for me was Rusev vs Cena. The finish was weak as hell and 1 AA shouldn't finish off Rusev.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

MotU posted:

tonight my mom said nattie was looking hot, big show was stupid, taker is old and boring and roman reigns cant wrestle. good mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Definitely wasn't hardway, his forearm was between his head and the post. Also nobody is going to hardway themselves on a loving ringpost.

Brock Lesnar has done this like 3 times in his like 3 dozen appearances since coming back it's just what he does

• Locked thread