Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Fsmhunk posted:

Why did the NWO help sting, surely they could have at least come out to the wolfpack music? I really just want them to come out to the wolfpack music.

He should have descended from the rafters with a bat and laid them to waste while Tony Schiavone declared this to be the greatest night in the history of our sport.

And then the Nitro Girls dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

pressedbunny posted:

I'd already forgotten this happened. Which says a lot about the status of the Andre battle royal

he needs to work on his fears

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

oatgan posted:

i wish r-truth had won though

same.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Now I really want some Jimmy Johns but the closest one is like 25min away. I miss my old work commute that had one with a goddamn drive-thru window. Such good roast beef.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Alain Post posted:

nothing on this show was as bad as Lesnar/Taker. poo poo Lesnar/Wyatt isn't in the top half of Taker matches but it was probably better than Wyatt/Cena too.

That Taker match was better than any of his WM matches before 2001 save for probably the Diesel match.

And Roman really did look strong in there. Dude was mashing the gently caress out of Brock and looked like he belonged.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

This was one of those shows where you can easily tell which people in this forum enjoy watching pro wrestling and which people are big fucker retards.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

St Evan Echoes posted:

The WM was good enough that you can pick out the bad things.

Bog How going over
Triple H going over, Sting shaking his hand like a loser
The 25 minute RAW promo

Everything else was good to really really good
I'm gonna put "Bray Wyatt losing" on that list but I understand that's a minority opinion

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

This was one of those shows where you can easily tell which people in this forum enjoy watching pro wrestling and which people are big fucker retards.

I am both.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

That Taker match was better than any of his WM matches before 2001 save for probably the Diesel match.

ok yeah I kinda don't like thinking about stuff like Taker/Sid

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

1gnoirents posted:

Hello. I am from GBS, I am here to study you. However please don't be disrupted by my presence, carry on as you normally would

Make sure to pay attention to the part where HHH got cucked by Ronda Rousey

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

CapnAndy posted:

I mean, did he watch literally last year though

This is the first one he's been to in person in like 10 years and it makes a difference.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Authorman posted:

I don't know who Rousey is, but I'm guess she was the lady in the interminable Rock HHH promo thing.

Is she going to wrestle? Should I ever care about this person.

She basically owns UFC and is the best woman fighter who's ever lived.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Authorman posted:

I don't know who Rousey is, but I'm guess she was the lady in the interminable Rock HHH promo thing.

who knows probably not but she is legitimately the mike tyson of women's mma

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Greetings.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

CapnAndy posted:

I'm gonna put "Bray Wyatt losing" on that list but I understand that's a minority opinion

i like bray and wish he would have went over

or there would have been stoppage or something

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Authorman posted:

She is an MMA fighter who usually destroys her opponents very quickly

She is probably not going to wrestle

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

So I haven't been watching since the early 2000's up until this past year when I started checking in on RAWs intermittently. Didn't watch the PPV but followed this thread throughout. Speaking from the perspective of a sort of out of touch guy pushing 30, I'm pretty psyched for Rollins. Dude's HBK all over again. Much as I've enjoyed Lesnar as end boss, it'll be nice to see a crafty champ who's regularly active.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I still think Roman Reigns looked like a BabyBitchMoron because he got flung around like a rag doll then threw a temper tantrum then got pinned like a pissbaby but that is good + makes me happy

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Ronda is also the best pokemon forums moderator OF ALL TIME http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/9/3/6102133/ronda-rousey-pokemon-forum-moderator

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

she is also arguably the biggest ppv draw not named Mayweather/Paquio

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

StarkRavingMad posted:

ken shamrock mk. II

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Smoking Crow posted:

i like bray and wish he would have went over

or there would have been stoppage or something
It was kind of underwhelming having Taker win. Although the match was OK if slow to begin with

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Haha, Ronda really is amazing.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
So where is Sheamus?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Rick posted:

This is the first one he's been to in person in like 10 years and it makes a difference.

Only other Mania Dave's been to was XII.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the rousey/rock segment went like five minutes too long but i'm not sure what else you would have done with that time other than add it on the us title match. Very good show lots of fun to watch

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
You should know and care about Rousey, and I say this as someone who hasn't watched a single MMA fight in like 3 years.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Authorman posted:

She's more or less the most badass fighter on the planet. (Before MMA goons get mad: of course I mean relative to her weight/class/whateverthefuck.) She was also in the last Expendables movie. She's tough, popular and nice to look at.

I mean, I don't watch MMA and have only the most basic, passing interest in it when it intersects with wrestling, and I was grinning like a complete idiot the moment Rock went over to her.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I had to miss Taker/Wyatt, I know Taker won but did anything else of note occur?

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Name me a better mania main event that was as good as that in the last ten years.

Bryan doesn't count because A. Trips - Bryan in the first match was better, and outside of Bryan winning, the main event last year sucked.

Good mania

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm really glad Reagan is dead

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wrestling like it ought to be

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
I'm going to call that Vince's Kobiashi Maru finish.

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

explain how anything was good.

ladder match was a snooze fest with a bunch of midcard geeks
orton rollins was boring to nobody's surprise
HHH and sting had a terrible ending but at least it had some nostalgia
women's wrestling is terrible as usual
cena winz lol
undertaker wyatt didn't need to exist at all
rousey is cool
reigns laughing at lesnar beating him up was cringe worthy and lesnar is about the only watchable thing in wwe in years so they take the belt off him to put on a guy who cant talk

tell me how im wrong please

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

Mons Hubris posted:

I had to miss Taker/Wyatt, I know Taker won but did anything else of note occur?
coolest thing was probably Bray kipping into the spider walk just before Taker did the situp spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Guys, I've been riding an excitement high since the main and don't even think about something until now: Paul Heyman cutting babyface promos. We are in for some amazing poo poo.

• Locked thread