Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dave Meltzer had sex with Bull Nakano. Have you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
G1 ain't got poo poo on the 16K Gold tourney.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

i remain unbiased

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

oatgan posted:

i remain unbiased

You hound...

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

oatgan posted:

i remain unbiased

LL Cool Oat

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Luigi Thirty posted:

really

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

gonna need to see some corroboration here

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

/

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i need to know more about this

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
oh man

:siren: SNCJ WRESTLEMANIA POST-SHOW :siren:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Big Dave was stuck on transit and didn't show LAW. What a gyp!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Spermgod posted:

some people joke that the reason he was so high on AJP was because he was a rat to some of them idk

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

Dave talked about hanging out with the joshi girls awhile back so I took this to its logical conclusion.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Jerusalem posted:

Alvarez: Bryan could beat up Vince!
Meltzer: Well sure he could NOW!

I wonder if, no joke, Vince would push you if you said "Fight me for real motherfucker"

I'm honestly horribly curious now, if D-bry challenged Vince to a fight would he accept, would he respect and push him more if Bryan kicked his rear end? Is that in fact the way to get up the card in WWE, put the boss in the hospital? Logic says no but then I remembered Vince tried to wrestle Kurt Angle on a plane ride and it's just "Oh my god he is that loving thick isn't he?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Onmi posted:

I wonder if, no joke, Vince would push you if you said "Fight me for real motherfucker"

I'm honestly horribly curious now, if D-bry challenged Vince to a fight would he accept, would he respect and push him more if Bryan kicked his rear end? Is that in fact the way to get up the card in WWE, put the boss in the hospital? Logic says no but then I remembered Vince tried to wrestle Kurt Angle on a plane ride and it's just "Oh my god he is that loving thick isn't he?"

Jericho seriously told Kofi once after being turned down for something by Vince to go straight back and see him and challenge him to a fight. Kofi thought he was joking, Jericho insisted, so Kofi went marching back in and challenged him to a fight, a delighted McMahon immediately grappled him and after Kofi spent a few confused minutes jostling with him, Vince laughed and declared,"Okay I'll give you that thing you wanted!"

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Onmi posted:

beating up 69 year old men is a surefire way to get a push

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Tr33 posted:

beating up 69 year old men is a surefire way to get a push

It might just be! He's loving insane! He doesn't think anyone smaller than him could kick his rear end. In Vince McMahons raging psyche, if you are buried because you're with a woman percieved to hot to be with you, or you don't beat her up when she attacks you. Why would you not be pushed for going to your boss and saying "You think I can't beat your rear end? Fight me for Real"

Because we see him as the Jeriatric 69 year old uncle pennybags... but does Vince see himself as that?

Jerusalem posted:

Jericho seriously told Kofi once after being turned down for something by Vince to go straight back and see him and challenge him to a fight. Kofi thought he was joking, Jericho insisted, so Kofi went marching back in and challenged him to a fight, a delighted McMahon immediately grappled him and after Kofi spent a few confused minutes jostling with him, Vince laughed and declared,"Okay I'll give you that thing you wanted!"

I take that this was on one of the Podcasts? or in his book? because that's... exactly how I picture Vince McMahon.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
yeah look Im not saying vince isnt off the wall, but ummm kofis not really the best example to use there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Not exactly the same thing but I'm pretty sure Vince once demanded the Hart Foundation give him a shoot Hart Attack which led to him getting knocked out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave: I'm not dressed up right now
Bryan: Look at me!
Dave: Well okay, compared to you....

Edit: Oh my God, Dave seems enthralled by the idea of using headphones to get the commentary while watching the show live next year. :3:

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

MassRafTer posted:

Not exactly the same thing but I'm pretty sure Vince once demanded the Hart Foundation give him a shoot Hart Attack which led to him getting knocked out.

If I remember right they were all at some party with other wrestlers and he took all of their finishers as well.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Jerusalem posted:

Dave: I'm not dressed up right now
Bryan: Look at me!
Dave: Well okay, compared to you....

Edit: Oh my God, Dave seems enthralled by the idea of using headphones to get the commentary while watching the show live next year. :3:

In that same vein...

Dave: I'm probably not going to Wrestlemania next year
Bryan: It's the biggest Wrestlemania ever!
Dave: I'm probably going to Wrestlemania next year

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!
best part of this is easily dave listing off possible big show opponents and bryan just freaking out like "OH GOD NO"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
When Vince was on TV and in matches, didn't he tell the wrestlers to just beat him up for real because he never learned how to sell properly?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

My favourite thing about Dave saying it was the best Wrestlemania ever was that he wouldn't commit to saying Randy hit the greatest RKO ever.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Dave is now saying he was essentially in a soundproof booth on press row and couldn't hear the crowd at all, so I really have no idea how it was possibly the best WWE show ever for him. Maybe I need to watch it again.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dunbar posted:

Dave is now saying he was essentially in a soundproof booth on press row and couldn't hear the crowd at all, so I really have no idea how it was possibly the best WWE show ever for him. Maybe I need to watch it again.

But he's also saying he has to watch the TV version of the show and his opinion might change.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Dunbar posted:

Yeah I really enjoyed Mania but I am not sure I could call it the best ever. Dave even said that it was missing that one classic match.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

njsykora posted:

But he's also saying he has to watch the TV version of the show and his opinion might change.

But I think if you were watching that in a soundproof box with no commentary, wouldn't watching it with the crowd noise added only make it better? The commentary might drag it down a bit but I think under the circumstances it's not going to go from 'best ever' to 'just ok' based on the commentary alone (though it was pretty bad almost all night).

21 Hoot Salute posted:

In that same vein...

Dave: I'm probably not going to Wrestlemania next year
Bryan: It's the biggest Wrestlemania ever!
Dave: I'm probably going to Wrestlemania next year

Also yeah, this cracked me up too. Twist his arm, why don't you.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

flashy_mcflash posted:

But I think if you were watching that in a soundproof box with no commentary, wouldn't watching it with the crowd noise added only make it better? The commentary might drag it down a bit but I think under the circumstances it's not going to go from 'best ever' to 'just ok' based on the commentary alone (though it was pretty bad almost all night).

He was in the box just so he could hear the commentary.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

elf help book posted:

He was in the box just so he could hear the commentary.

Well if he even had that, then I don't see how just hearing the crowd would negatively affect his experience with the show. The crowd was pretty universally great.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Well, just rewatching it whatsoever could change how he sees it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'm glad Dave had such a nice time with everyone coming to his hometown and being nice to him and the WWE treating him well that he is considering going to next year's Mania even though it involves a plane trip and extra work.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Whether it was an alright show to some, or one of the best to others, I think it's safe to say it was much better than it had any right to be. I was honestly expecting a loving Wrestlemania 9 bullshit show.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Spikeguy posted:

Whether it was an alright show to some, or one of the best to others, I think it's safe to say it was much better than it had any right to be. I was honestly expecting a loving Wrestlemania 9 bullshit show.

We were talking about WM9 last night because between the daylight, outdoor setting and booking of the main, it was like Vince trying a redo of that Mania minus the togas.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Benne posted:

When Vince was on TV and in matches, didn't he tell the wrestlers to just beat him up for real because he never learned how to sell properly?

Vince could sell just fine for an old man with minimal training, so probably not. If he asked the guys to work stiff with him, it's probably because he knew that the fans wanted to see him get destroyed out there. Paul Heyman has told guys to legit beat him up for that reason, though.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

CombineThresher posted:

Vince could sell just fine for an old man with minimal training, so probably not. If he asked the guys to work stiff with him, it's probably because he knew that the fans wanted to see him get destroyed out there. Paul Heyman has told guys to legit beat him up for that reason, though.
I think it was Gordon Solie who asked wrestlers to lightly apply holds on him so he could accurately describe in his commentary the kind of pain their opponents would be in.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I think Vince was one of those "I want to do every stunt the boys do!" people back in the day. The bit about Paul surprises me because I've always heard him described as hating taking bumps or getting beaten up.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Vince uses "I'd never ask anyone to do anything I wouldn't do myself" as a shield for asking people to do stupid insane poo poo because he is a stupid insane crazy person that will do literally anything and therefore thinks that goes for everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Luigi Thirty posted:

Bull Nakano seems really cool and who wouldn't want to have sex with her?

lame-os, that's who

Also I remember kind of remember dave gushing about how great she looked in the 2012 retirement show, but it may have been an adam & mike show.

And 90's Dave and Bull Nakano together with their mullets would be great. What a cute couple.

• Locked thread