Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

If you haven't sung that along with the Queen song by now I don't even know what's wrong with you.

This is directed at everyone.

I would have, but that would require me not having Fat Bottomed Girls on repeat forever. (I'm on a tablet, someone else please post the Sex Criminals pages).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Skwirl posted:

(I'm on a tablet, someone else please post the Sex Criminals pages).

Sure thing, chief:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, it's a neat trick that's all over Final Frontier's art. For example, here's Golememnon.

Frankenhulk and Orion Strange are pretty boss.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

McSpanky posted:

Frankenhulk and Orion Strange are pretty boss.

I really recommend reading the whole thing, it's full of fun designs like that and is basically just a love letter to the FF and early Marvel in general. It's also pretty loving funny:

I'd say you should buy the print version of the comic, but I think it's out of stock.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Can someone post the Raiders of the Lost Ark homage in this week's Darth Vader, please?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Soonmot posted:

Can someone post the Raiders of the Lost Ark homage in this week's Darth Vader, please?

How abouot the Last Crusade homage instead? It's funnier.

(Seriously, the first 5 pages or so are extended Indiana Jones jokes.)

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Foolproof villainous scheme. (Herbie v1 #10, the debut of the Fat Fury)

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Stealing this!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I approve of the fact that the same font from the Social Network poster was used.

Well done.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I just saw it on Twitter, I didn't create it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love that and Eisenberg is going to loving kill it as Luthor.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Hey, Aquaman? This kind of thing is why people give you a hard time. [Flash v1 #175]

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Same issue. This might be the worst comic book handwaving explanation I've ever seen.

Superman and the Flash are out in interstellar space racing each other to save their hometowns because of alien plot fuckery. The aliens have used devious means like transparent shower stalls, a flame cage, yellow energy beams and Wonder Woman's lasso to capture the rest of the JLA. Suddenly, Superman busts in, only for this to happen:

So let's review.

1) J'onn only has his crippling pyrophobia at this stage of his career when he's not in his native Martian form, so that much is accurate. By pretending to be Superman he could bypass the flame cage if the writer remembers that it works that way, and his powers are certainly sufficient to imitate Superman's. The aliens came to JLA HQ prepared to gently caress with Superman, so having a box with Gold K in it is a plausible backup plan even if one can't just run down to Kryptonite-Mart and pick some up for just such an eventuality. Whatever.

But it's shape-shifting, not body-swapping. If J'onn shape-shifts into Zatanna's form he can't just grin and say FFOKCUF NEILA MUCS and magically zap the alien intruders halfway to Pluto. "Your Gold Kryptonite removed my Martian ability to pretend to be Kryptonian" is... um... odd.

2) LOOK WHAT I JUST DID WITH MY MARTIAN SCIENCE JUST BY STARING AT THIS ROCK!

3) So, hey, The Rock That Only Affects Kryptonians knocked out your ability to pretend to be Kryptonian, J'onn. Now all you have left are Superman-class strength, speed, intangibility, invisibility, telepathy, energy beams, telekinesis and shape-shifting into anything that ISN'T Kryptonian. Plus MARTIAN SCIENCE. Maybe you could free your teammates or at least take Aquaman out of that diabolical plastic deathtrap. Or vanish and regroup and come up with a new plan. Or you could just stand there, explain to the intruders exactly what you did and how, and then just hold still in your flame-vulnerable normal shape and wait to be captured the same way they got you the first time.

Maybe he got a telepathic message from E. Nelson Bridwell saying "This isn't your book, wait your turn."

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Martian Manhunter always seems to have difficulty with writers not grasping the difference between "weak to" and "not invulnerable to."

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.
That sums up so much of what I love about the silver age. Complete bullshit explained in such throwaway language.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Unknown, but not very lady-like.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

A charming and trustworthy demeanor matched by few.

(Final Frontier #1)

(That guy's name is Robot Dracula)

Didn't that lady date Bazooka Joe back in the day?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

Didn't that lady date Bazooka Joe back in the day?

No clue, but I hear she has a supple wrist.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Say Nothing posted:

Unknown, but not very lady-like.

"And I've been told I could be paid very well for doing it...if I was that sorta gal!"

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

Say Nothing posted:

Archie comics, no context.

The context of this panel is that Veronica goes to the beach with a newfangled changing cabinet. The idea is that a person goes to the beach, unfolds this cabinet, and can change without anyone seeing them. She tries this but there is a lot of struggling involved. Eventually, the cabinet explodes open and she is wearing pants for a shirt and a shirt for pants. Betty then rips the arms off of the 'pants', making them shorts. Veronica then parades around the beach as it is heralded as a new pinnacle of style.

I think that is what happens in this Archie panel.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Carl Killer Miller posted:

The context of this panel is that Veronica goes to the beach with a newfangled changing cabinet. The idea is that a person goes to the beach, unfolds this cabinet, and can change without anyone seeing them. She tries this but there is a lot of struggling involved. Eventually, the cabinet explodes open and she is wearing pants for a shirt and a shirt for pants. Betty then rips the arms off of the 'pants', making them shorts. Veronica then parades around the beach as it is heralded as a new pinnacle of style.

Archie Comics: Inventor of jorts.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
HOW TO SPOT AN ALIEN. [Flash v1 #233 GL backup]

1. Unfamiliar terminology.

Well, I'm glad they cleared THAT up.

2. Familiar gestures.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Carl Killer Miller posted:

And here I was thinking something sexually suggestive was happening! (chuckles sensibly to self).

Have another panel.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

No, Superman! That will only make it worse!

Edit:
From this Marvel video.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 28, 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Source: the D&D pictures thread.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:psyduck:

I expect weird stuff out of D&D but what the hell.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

Nm.

ubergnu fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 30, 2015

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:psyduck:

I expect weird stuff out of D&D but what the hell.

Your first exposure to Foreskin Man? It gets better worse.

That issues ends with him giving the baby away to hippies.

Then there's this.

The stupidity is almost beautiful.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You named your loving kid 'Glick'? He's like three weeks old and getting circumcised is already not the worst thing you've done to him in his life.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
So what, Foreskin Man is too good for oral?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

See, it's my understanding that Female Circumcision is actually a loving terrible thing that should be condemned. But isn't male circumcision much less traumatic? I mean, I'm no doctor & obviously there's questions of consent and stuff, but I don't think it's ever been scientifically confirmed to be traumatic-

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

Your first exposure to Foreskin Man? It gets better worse.

That issues ends with him giving the baby away to hippies.

Then there's this.

The stupidity is almost beautiful.
Never mind, I guess the author blames his circumcision for being unable to get it up. Which I guess is supposed to justify making a vaguely anti-Semitic comic, somehow?

Also 'Intactivist'? That's the best they could come up with?

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Yvonmukluk posted:

See, it's my understanding that Female Circumcision is actually a loving terrible thing that should be condemned. But isn't male circumcision much less traumatic? I mean, I'm no doctor & obviously there's questions of consent and stuff, but I don't think it's ever been scientifically confirmed to be traumatic-

Never mind, I guess the author blames his circumcision for being unable to get it up. Which I guess is supposed to justify making a vaguely anti-Semitic comic, somehow?

Also 'Intactivist'? That's the best they could come up with?

You loose a lot of sensitivity in the glans, sure but if it's done while you're a baby then you'll never know any different.

I guess it could seem more damaging if it's done when you're into adulthood. (Having it done while an adult also means about 3-6 months of going commando in the baggiest pants you can find, which I guess could also be traumatic)

Either way there's no comparison with FGM, and no connection with erectile dysfunction AFAIK.

Someone post the panel with the Evil Jew Knob-Chopper having his scissors knocked away with a 'Fapp'!

KayTee fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 30, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Male circumcision has no real upside so it's kind of a stupid thing to do except in rare cases where infections necessitate it. It is not comparable to "female circumcision", which is a misnomer because men don't get their glans cut off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's drawn by Ed Benes isn't it?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Male Circumcision thing is an odd debate. From a scientific point of view, many on the Pro-Circumcision side (from countries where it is practised like the US.) are very keen to champion it for health benefits and the argument that "you won't really notice the difference." Those against it (effectively all of Europe) will point to the fact that there is little actual health benefits at all to it that can't be replicated with normal cleaning and that it is a procedure carried out for traditional reasons.

The scientific article website Mosaic had a very interesting article about it (published in February of this year) where they not only looked at the historical and medical arguments behind it, but more disturbingly, how it is being used in Africa as part of a low cost method of combating HIV, with serious evidence it's doing more harm then good.

That being said, using charactertures of Jews, is really not the way to go.

So anyway, enough about that.
While looking through my old Flash issues, I came across these pics.

That's a fairly honest admission there Wally.

And there's Wally wishing he had a Queen song named after him.

Both from Flash #227 (Dec 05.)

And I was torn on posting these ones of Jay Garrick (the Greatest Flash) in this thread or the Bad rear end, but decided to put them here.

Truly you are the greatest Jay. From Flash #229 (Dec 05.)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think this from the new Howard The Duck series.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I was gonna say it should be Blank Space just because I like that song and fuckin' hate Shake It Off, but honestly? Blank Space is also a pretty fitting song for Jen's love life, so I think it's a better joke.

However, fake-Buzzfeed cat-video list is great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The MSJ posted:

I think this from the new Howard The Duck series.

Yes, its from Howard the Duck 1, because Jen and Howard share the same building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Gaz-L posted:

Blank Space is also a pretty fitting song for Jen's love life, so I think it's a better joke.

Well, when you think about it...

She physically wouldn't be able to have sex with a man who wasn't invulnerable *everywhere*. Even her trying to be *gentle* while in Hulk form would probably leave a guy in the ICU as a best case scenario. And if she reverted back to normal, there'd still be a biohazard as I think gamma-doped blood is extremely dangerous to 'normies.'

Jen's acknowledged it, too:

And: http://arousinggrammar.com/2012/07/12/she-hulk-loves-juggernaut/ (too many post-worthy panels on this page to copy to here)

Source: Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk, but the other woman is Betty Ross, and later on, she flirts with Wolverine and confirms his joints and bones are laced with Adamantium. The disembodied voice is Wolverine talking to Fury.

One of the most interesting things I remember about the pre-New 52 Wonder Woman was when she first brought Nemesis to Themyscira to meet her mother, he asked if she could feel it when he touched her, and she said 'no.'

And lastly:

Source: Unknown.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 1, 2015