Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
We set sail on the "All-Stars" somewhere between Roy being put into Smash and Ivysaur being put into Smash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Cool Project M Trailer

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dizz posted:

Why did they choose Sami over all the other AW characters?

She's insanely popular for some reason (because shes a girl)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Shulk is the star of what is widely considered to be one of the best RPGs of the past generation, with a highly anticipated blockbuster sequel soon to be released on the Wii U.

He has obviously earned the title of Nintendo All Star, please don't troll

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm curious who is going to voice Issac and Sami for them

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

Isaac is NOT a Nintendo All-Star and it's insanely disrespectful of the Project M development team to imply that he is.

this

gently caress you

TheKingofSprings posted:

We set sail on the "All-Stars" somewhere between Roy being put into Smash and Ivysaur being put into Smash

Roy was a mistake that was corrected a long time ago. Pokemon Trainer was the character, not Ivysaur, and Pokemon Trainer is definitely a Nintendo All Star.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
On one hand it is very cool and exciting that Project M is adding new characters, on the other Isaac is lame as heck and should not be in anything ever. Please don't deceive future generations into liking Golden Sun

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
One of my Smash training buddies was a huge golden sun guy and I sitll haven't been able to figure out why. Either way he's mad hype and I'm getting Knuckles so I accept this new Issac reality

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

this

gently caress you

Roy was a mistake that was corrected a long time ago. Pokemon Trainer was the character, not Ivysaur, and Pokemon Trainer is definitely a Nintendo All Star.

Hmm yes I loved playing as Pokémon trainer and having him punch my foes for me

Cake Attack posted:

Shulk is the star of what is widely considered to be one of the best RPGs of the past generation, with a highly anticipated blockbuster sequel soon to be released on the Wii U.

He has obviously earned the title of Nintendo All Star, please don't troll

Isaac's games sold more than Shulk's did and they received a lot of critical acclaim for their time too.

Isaac has cool powers and his games have sweet tunes that would be good in Smash and that's enough of a justification for me, same goes for Shulk.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ivysaur is better than Squirtle and Charizard put together :colbert:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I don't think this sentence is grammatically correct.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Macaluso posted:

Ivysaur is super cool

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Countblanc posted:

Ivysaur is super cool

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ive never played golden sun but i think it sucks

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

I'm curious who is going to voice Issac and Sami for them

lyn, as well. i'm guessing they'll be reusing dan green's voice clips for knuckles

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sharrrk posted:

lyn, as well. i'm guessing they'll be reusing dan green's voice clips for knuckles

You can hear Lyn's voice samples here, though I dunno who it is. She sounds pretty good I think, I imagine grunts and stuff are actually pretty hard for VAs that aren't DBZ actors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxbgK__kUR4

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i forgot they had voices in that video. yeah that's a pretty good voice for her, way better than the one her assist trophy has

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Countblanc posted:

She's insanely popular for some reason (because shes a girl)

AW has tons of female characters they could have used. Nell, Sonja, Sasha, Lash, Colin, Kindle, and Rachel :colbert:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

sharrrk posted:

ive never played golden sun but i think it sucks

REAlly heavy on emoticons and indulgent dialogue but i liked the battle system and the graphics were pretty when I was a 9. Story/universe is blah. Nostalgia game

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm glad they decided to reskin the dracula's castle stage. that one always felt really out of place, even if it gave me an excuse to put castlevania music in the game

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sharrrk posted:

i'm glad they decided to reskin the dracula's castle stage. that one always felt really out of place, even if it gave me an excuse to put castlevania music in the game

Yeah, and I really like the aesthetics of the new one when dracula was really half-baked

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

sharrrk posted:

Yeah, that stage always bugged me both because there's no corresponding Castlevania character in the game and because of the lack of music from the franchise. Glad they finally ditched it for something that fits, and I have to imagine they picked the Sunshine bonus level aesthetic solely so they could add the appropriate music.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Why hasn't Goku and Spongebob been added into Project M yet?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
nickelodeon sent the PMBR a C&D and now they can't add Spongebob or Courage the Cowardly Dog

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Countblanc posted:

nickelodeon sent the PMBR a C&D and now they can't add Spongebob or Courage the Cowardly Dog
Courage the Cowardly Dog is a Cartoon Network character, and I hold out hope that one day we will have a Cartoon Cartoon battling game and I can pit Muriel against Dexter's Mom, and not just in erotic fanart.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
That happened and it was bad

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Raserys posted:

That happened and it was bad
That's okay, so were most of the shows.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Please don't troll

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Isaac's games ... received a lot of critical acclaim for their time too.
Isaac has cool powers

Up B: Big hand
Side B: Big hand
Neutral B: Big hand
Down B: Change Djinn constantly to change class

alt Up B: Big hand
alt Side B: Big hand
alt Neutral B: Big hand

:raise:

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

zolthorg posted:

So basically, play as Master Hand? Sounds good to me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hope Isaac gets an attack where you roll a log or pillar.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Final Smash: 30 minutes of badly-written dialogue.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Why did Project M add Roy?

Wasn't the whole point to "improve" Brawl?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

By the time Project M announces Knuckles, Isaac, etc, we're going to be on Smash Bros 5

The bowser castle level looks good but the Castlevania reskin to abstract mario stuff is still ugly and weird looking

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

zolthorg posted:

They managed to make a moveset out of Sonic, dude.
At least the hand can do a variety of moves.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Funky Valentine posted:

Why did Project M add Roy?

Wasn't the whole point to "improve" Brawl?

Because he was in Melee and that means he must have been a worthy character (but Dark Pit is, of course, a waste of a character slot) :downs:

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
How's roy's inclusion and dark pit related?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dark Pit is a good and cool character; Roy is just the lovely son of the shittiest Lord from FE7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Erm I think you'll find Roy sets his sword on fire (possibly with magic?) which is supremely bad rear end

• Locked thread