Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I ended up getting a good steel shop to purchase from, so I'm getting into more projects now when time allows. I built a little stool for the gf, fixed a bicycle fork and doing some other odds and ends work.

I need to get a bottle, but for now flux core works. Especially nothing needs to be pretty and a flap disc takes care of booger welds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I picked out my clothes for work tomorrow, and then I picked out a matching bandanna for my dog. Uh oh. I've gone deeper into crazy dog lady territory.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Have you gotten your dog registered as a service animal so you can take him everywhere with you? Because I feel this is the point of no return for crazy dog ladyness.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

goatse guy posted:

I picked out my clothes for work tomorrow, and then I picked out a matching bandanna for my dog. Uh oh. I've gone deeper into crazy dog lady territory.

One day I'm going to steal both of my parents' golden-doodles and shove them both in my office for a day.

One of my friends just won a bid on e-bay for a Fanatec wheel. I don't think I can put off buying another wheel for much longer, that's three of my friends that have wheels now, and one of them is a really fast guy IRL-he just clean-sweeped Road America's winter auto-x series in a stock NC Miata. I want to show the other two up, and hope to pick up some speed from him.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my wife would kill for a mini golden doodle

she may have to because they're like $3,000 :stonk:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Elmnt80 posted:

Have you gotten your dog registered as a service animal so you can take him everywhere with you? Because I feel this is the point of no return for crazy dog ladyness.

If I ever had him registered as an emotional support animal, it would be because he needs the emotional support. He is a basket case.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
He has the market cornered on cute though.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Elmnt80 posted:

FYI you don't have to register poo poo. It's actually illegal to demand certification. I work at an open-to-the-public type place, and 9/10 animals are just a Chihuahua (it's always chihuahuas) owned by some crazy bitch who knows the law. We can say "I'm sorry, we don't allow pets" and if they say it's a service animal, they're in. We can ask "Is that a service animal? and any idiot with half a brain who says "uhhhh, yeah?" is in too.

It pisses me off, because you can always tell the real service dogs (they don't poo poo wherever they want, and almost always have the little vest on with certs displayed). I started hating the whole thing when I watched a "service" chihuahua poo poo in the middle of a staircase and it's owners just calmly walked away. It's like the medical marijuana license of pet ownership.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
What should have taken 20 minutes took my brother and I 5 hours because we are manchildren and watched movies and drank beer instead of moving a mattress set.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

go3 posted:

umm grill year around

This. It probably helps that our grill is natural gas (don't worry, there's a wood box in it to add flavor), but we've grilled while it's snowing, while it's pouring buckets, during tornado watches, etc.

Needs a new thermocouple for the rotisserie element, the ignitor doesn't work, and the burners need to be replaced (again - they've rusted out in spots), but it's been used and abused at least once a week for over 10 years now - usually at least once a day in the spring.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tusen Takk posted:

my wife would kill for a mini golden doodle

she may have to because they're like $3,000 :stonk:

Just go get a shelter mutt. Same loving thing.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Except the shelter mutt will likely be far smarter and less prone to health problems.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

CornHolio posted:

Ugh, turns out the marketing directer where I work got shitcanned today. Real great guy, passionate, good at his job... just suddenly the company doesn't want to do anything marketing-related, apparently. Me and him would talk cars all the time, and he actually made and sold guitars with his brother in the eighties - Silver Street Guitars, some seriously crazy eighties stuff but collectible these days I guess. I'm pretty upset about that.

On top of that, my daughter took her binder of Pokeman cards to school this morning (she's in second grade) and they've gone missing. She's inconsolable, and as I collected Magic cards back in the day, I can understand the feeling of losing one's whole collection. She stayed up late organizing them and everything.

:sigh:
poo poo like this really sucks on both accounts. Hell, I've been there with the Pokemon cards when I was in middle school and they were new. After someone stole all my nice ones I called it quits.

I have to be AT work at 6am tomorrow. I'm so used to going to sleep after 8am that I've just drank benadryl and some herbal sleep aid... This week is going to be rough!

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

T-Square posted:

For the record, as a long-time hater of Vettel, I must say that I am quite happy with that race result. Would have been more interesting if Nasr didn't slice Raikkonen's tire. :argh:

I would believe so. He charged back REALLY hard after the early pit and blowout.

What an incredible race that was. Absolutely stunning driving from Vettel, the STR team, Hamilton, and Kimi. Really great racing.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Just go get a shelter mutt. Same loving thing.

Or a breed-specific rescue. Get a purebred dog that's already housebroken, socialized, and knows the basic commands.

Shelter mutts are great but I can't imagine my life without a Jack Russell Terrier in it.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

What the hell is wrong with me, I'm seriously considering trading my RX8 for a 99 jeep wrangler with a rebuilt title. :suicide:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

goatse guy posted:

Or a breed-specific rescue. Get a purebred dog that's already housebroken, socialized, and knows the basic commands.

Shelter mutts are great but I can't imagine my life without a Jack Russell Terrier in it.

I fostered a JRT a few years ago who was about the easiest dog ever to take care of. I was expecting a workout. Her only vice was the squeaky toy. Once you put that away (out of reach) she's a total lap dog / couch potato, good with kitties, doesn't care about people food, etc. Not at all like you'd expect from a Jack Russell. I was delighted to see her owner-supplied pictures on the shelter Facebook for Christmas.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

some texas redneck posted:

Except the shelter mutt will likely be far smarter and less prone to health problems.

Rescue animals are the absolute best. I think we are up to 20 foster kitties we have done rescue for and each one was a joy. We have 3 permanent residents and one foster failure as a result - the residents were always supposed to stay, the foster failure was too drat awesome to let go.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

I was at my parents' house over the weekend and looked up at this window in the living room.

Their orange maine coon has a penchant for licking windows. As you can see she can only lick so high. She does this to every window in the house that she can reach.

Anyone need their windows cleaned?

:3:

Sandbagger SA fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Mar 30, 2015

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

CharlesM posted:

I fostered a JRT a few years ago who was about the easiest dog ever to take care of. I was expecting a workout. Her only vice was the squeaky toy. Once you put that away (out of reach) she's a total lap dog / couch potato, good with kitties, doesn't care about people food, etc. Not at all like you'd expect from a Jack Russell. I was delighted to see her owner-supplied pictures on the shelter Facebook for Christmas.

I've never had the typical Jack Russell. Mine have mostly been chillax couch potatoes, and they won't/wouldn't bark unless someone comes to the door. Harry doesn't even bark then, he only barks when he sees other dogs. Two of them have had some interesting quirks due to anxiety, but that's not a breed-specific thing. They're extremely smart and they're great dogs if you give them the proper attention and training, but I suppose that goes for every dog.

I was pretty glad to have Harry home, and then he puked in my bed last night. I mean, I'm still happy to have him home, but ew.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sandbagger SA posted:

Their orange maine coon has a penchant for licking windows. As you can see she can only lick so high. She does this to every window in the house that she can reach.

A classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBS4Gi1y_nc

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

meatpimp posted:

IndyCar? Isn't that the series that has all the guys from the IndyCar series in the '90s running parade laps and crashing into each other?

:colbert: No, IndyCar is the best.

angryhampster posted:

I would believe so. He charged back REALLY hard after the early pit and blowout.

What an incredible race that was. Absolutely stunning driving from Vettel, the STR team, Hamilton, and Kimi. Really great racing.

I really hope it stays this way. Actual competitive racing for the lead and Kimi doing well.

My dad's friend stopped by yesterday while we were working on my car and brought this.

I drove it and I'm leaning even more towards getting something RWD, probably with a V8, for my next car. The pistol grip shifter was also great.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Hey freelop:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

SFH1989 posted:

My dad's friend stopped by yesterday while we were working on my car and brought this.

I drove it and I'm leaning even more towards getting something RWD, probably with a V8, for my next car. The pistol grip shifter was also great.

I drove a 2015 Challenger on Saturday, and it was great. The updated interior is really nice. The visibility was bad but easy to get used to, and the R/T didn't feel faster than my 540i, but it was still a hoot to drive and it made all the right sounds.

For a car that size with that kind of power and a 6-speed, I'm really not sure what else there is out there. The SS costs way more, the Mustang and Camaro are too small to have a useable backseat and anything from Europe is going to be way more. Seriously, a Challenger R/T is at the same price as a no-options 2-series.

I'll likely be buying one this year, screw the haters. :v:

Paying off the last of my debts this month with my tax returns, so combined me and my wife will bring in nearly $100k with only our mortgage as debt. Granted she'll have a leased Focus and we have kids that are expensive, so we're not quite rolling in it, but making a Challenger happen shouldn't be out of the question later this year.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

CornHolio posted:

I'll likely be buying one this year, screw the haters. :v:
You posted that on facebook too didn't you? Where are these haters of the challenger? I dont think there are any in AI that car is pretty rad. :thumbsup:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Cage posted:

You posted that on facebook too didn't you? Where are these haters of the challenger? I dont think there are any in AI that car is pretty rad. :thumbsup:

I'm mostly referring to most of the posters in this thread, though it seems that Chrysler at some point raped a whole bunch of people's grandmothers and they all then registered forums accounts so believe me, I'm not taking anything they say without a huge grain of salt.

I drove it and I quite liked it and barring any catastrophic GM-level issues, I'll get one.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

My 110 blade is about as sharp as a bowl of Jell-O. IDK why I ordered one off eBay last night and have to wait a week to get it when I coulda got one at Home Depot today.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CornHolio posted:

I'm mostly referring to most of the posters in this thread, though it seems that Chrysler at some point raped a whole bunch of people's grandmothers and they all then registered forums accounts so believe me, I'm not taking anything they say without a huge grain of salt.

I drove it and I quite liked it and barring any catastrophic GM-level issues, I'll get one.

You can hate FCA and like the challenger (and the viper).

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

nm posted:

You can hate FCA and like the challenger (and the viper).

Good because other than the LX cars and the Viper (and maybe the Ram, I dunno) they're pretty bad.

I've been in their HQ in Auburn Hills, it's quite nice. I liked it better than GM's and Ford's complexes, anyway.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

CornHolio posted:

I think most of the anti-Chrysler vitriol wasn't entirely serious, it was more a response to the ridiculousness of baconator's sudden, (mostly) unprovoked :qq: LEAVE CHRYSLER ALONE :qq: tirade. Post a lovely thread, get shitposts.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 30, 2015

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
goon in a well, chrysler edition

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Cage posted:

Where are these haters of the challenger? I dont think there are any in AI that car is pretty rad. :thumbsup:

I guess I'm one of those. Other than it being a Chrysler, the main thing I don't like about the Challenger is styling. Plus it's just too drat big. But the styling really really doesn't work on a car that size. It's like they took the '70 Challenger, and when they had to make it bigger they just stretched it down. The tail lights are way up at the top of the rear, and under them should be the bumper and then no more car. Instead, what you get is another foot of "why is this here" where the license plate is. Here's an illustration:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
See, that doesn't offend me. It gives me a big trunk and a big rear seat. I think the proportions look alright.

I just really can't think of what else would be comparable to that in terms of price that has a functional rear seat. I'm seriously pretty open to suggestions.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The problem with the Challenger proportions (which work better in real life than in photos) is that they had to scale it up to the LX platform, which was never really meant for a properly long / low-slung car.

Get the Dodge, and if you ever think about the hater parrots, just do a nice big smoky burnout.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

IOwnCalculus posted:

Get the Dodge, and if you ever think about the hater parrots, just do a nice big smoky burnout.

On the downside, yesterday I saw an orange Challenger with a confederate flat front license plate, so that's the kind of company I'll apparently be keeping :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Raluek posted:

I guess I'm one of those. Other than it being a Chrysler, the main thing I don't like about the Challenger is styling. Plus it's just too drat big. But the styling really really doesn't work on a car that size. It's like they took the '70 Challenger, and when they had to make it bigger they just stretched it down. The tail lights are way up at the top of the rear, and under them should be the bumper and then no more car. Instead, what you get is another foot of "why is this here" where the license plate is. Here's an illustration:

Yeah this is why it's not one of my favourites. The design is an homage to the oldschool but uses strictly modern design techniques which means it's pretty tall and 'fat' looking. I don't hate it, I just wouldn't buy one. Certainly wouldn't hate on a dude for purchasing one like I would many many other turdmobiles that are available...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xldiyO8x_Q

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 30, 2015

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I don't think I'd ever own one but it was fun to drive, get it.

If I get a rear drive V8 it will be a '13 or '14 Mustang GT.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Challenger passes an important test that the Mustang and Camaro fail miserably.

If you were meeting somebody for the first time and they pulled up in one of those cars, would you roll your eyes or go grab a drink with them.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I'll have a drink with any of the three. I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

1500quidporsche posted:

The Challenger passes an important test that the Mustang and Camaro fail miserably.

If you were meeting somebody for the first time and they pulled up in one of those cars, would you roll your eyes or go grab a drink with them.

See, I don't think so. To me, the Challenger is the one you get if you want one that "looks" like a muscle car. The Camaro is the one you get if you want to mod it to 4-digit horsepower. The Mustang is the one you get if you want a sports car. :shrug:

• Locked thread