Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Stairmaster posted:

Wait, so they brought back frieza just to kill him off again?

Did you expected him to make it through the movie?

e X fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is there going to be any closure? Like, basically admitting that GT didn't happen?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Eonwe posted:

Is there going to be any closure? Like, basically admitting that GT didn't happen?

The existence of SSJGod basically means GT's events don't happen.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Eonwe posted:

As of the Xenoverse DLC, GT is one of many separate alternative universes, no different from the others except for how much press it gets.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I wanna see Chi Chi fight someone.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

projecthalaxy posted:

As of the Xenoverse DLC, GT is one of many separate alternative universes, no different from the others except for how much press it gets.

I think that's the way the timeline is going. GT just comes up as an alternative universe for where DBZ is going.

It's still crazy to type "where DBZ is going".

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

sharktamer posted:

I wanna see Chi Chi fight someone.

I also want a Dragonball movie. Maybe something post Piccolo Junior that branches off from Z!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Webbeh posted:

It's still crazy to type "where DBZ is going".

I remember finishing GT and, bad or not, being sad Dragonball was over.

God bless capitalism :v:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

e X posted:

Did you expected him to make it through the movie?

He should have become a good guy and be a Piccolo-tier bro.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I still don't like how it goes even with the spoilers phrased like that.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I don't really understand how Freeza managed to rack down minions who could also fight, say, Piccolo or Gohan, since both of those dudes are like a million times stronger than Freeza used to be when he was the strongest in the universe, but whatever.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Mandatory training regiments, what else.

Pushups, situps, and plenty of juice

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Pureauthor posted:

Mandatory training regiments, what else.

Pushups, situps, and plenty of juice

Even if I don't understand why, I'll always appreciate the original dub for the occasional batshit insane line (and for some reason they almost always involve Vegeta). The world is a better place with the existence of Paper Clip Truck driver and juice.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I'm not going to read the spoilers but I choose to keep optimistic on the grounds that reading a brief synopsis of BoG would've made it seem a lot more lame than it was.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So did those spoilers say anything about those blue haired Goku and Vegeta toys that were posted earlier, or was that all bullshit?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

So did those spoilers say anything about those blue haired Goku and Vegeta toys that were posted earlier, or was that all bullshit?

A new form is confirmed. Dragonball Heroes did a promo where they showed Goku transform but didn't show his face with a "what could it be?!"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rhonne posted:

Yeah. Because of the God power that Goku and Vegeta now have, the normal Super Saiyan form has blue hair. It's not a new form, merely a change on an existing one, hence why they kept the hair styles of their original Super Saiyan forms.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeah. Because of the God power that Goku and Vegeta now have, the normal Super Saiyan form has blue hair. It's not a new form, merely a change on an existing one, hence why they kept the hair styles of their original Super Saiyan forms.

So we're already getting a retcon, yeah DBZ is back in full swing.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Super Saiyan Broly with the restrictor plate on had blue hair too. Hmmm.......

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah taking your ball home and blowing up the planet is pretty much Frieza to a T so I don't really mind it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Super Saiyan Broly with the restrictor plate on had blue hair too. Hmmm.......

Toei knew.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I dont really mind anything in those spoilers, except the new haircolor

I do regret reading the spoilers though

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah taking your ball home and blowing up the planet is pretty much Frieza to a T so I don't really mind it.

Goku going "YOU CHEATING rear end in a top hat! VEGETA WON! :argh:" and just finishing the job also kinda works for me.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

None of the spoilers are anything that couldn't be conjectured from the trailer/tie-in manga.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Oh that's...weird. If it's just the same form with a new color than why bother at all? The gold hair looked better than the blue hair anyways.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Oh that's...weird. If it's just the same form with a new color than why bother at all? The gold hair looked better than the blue hair anyways.

Gotta sell them toys

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

So, uh...

Why is Jaco in the movie?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Pureauthor posted:

So, uh...

To arrest Freeza for violating space traffic laws. Obviously.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Is Jaco good

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

So, uh...

Because he's Toriyama's favorite character out of all the ones he's created.

Rodyle posted:

Is Jaco good

Yes.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Rodyle posted:

Is Jaco good

Well he's a Galatic Patrolman so he at least follows the Galatic Patrollaws.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Is Jaco good

not as good as toryiama would hope

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

You know, I've finally realized what I'm missing from DBZ Kai.

The music, the music has been really lame and subdued and I'm pretty sure this wasn't the same soundtrack as when I watched it on Toonami.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Rodyle posted:

Is Jaco good

I like him.

Makes me wonder what the gently caress he was doing when Freeza was building an empire though.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Deakul posted:

You know, I've finally realized what I'm missing from DBZ Kai.

The music, the music has been really lame and subdued and I'm pretty sure this wasn't the same soundtrack as when I watched it on Toonami.

Unfortunately, your observation is completely correct and something that's caused nerd arguments across the internet for years. For some reason they didn't/couldn't reuse the original dub soundtrack and IIRC use the Japanese version instead (which is its own can of worms, because that soundtrack is a replacement too after a plagiarism scandal with the composer got the original Kai soundtrack nixed.)

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I like him.

Makes me wonder what the gently caress he was doing when Freeza was building an empire though.

He's just one cop in a corrupt Galactic precinct. His superiors were prone to taking bribes from Zarbon and Dodoria in exchange to turning a blind eye to Freeza's criminal empire. One good cop in a broken system can't do much. Since Freeza's first death, Jaco has spent the last several years cleaning up the galaxy one street corner at a time..and cleaning up his own precinct. It's one story that'll never be told, but really really should.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is Jaco a lot stronger now than in his series? I've heard he's a trainer in XV, so can he do ki stuff?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Justin_Brett posted:

Is Jaco a lot stronger now than in his series? I've heard he's a trainer in XV, so can he do ki stuff?

I mean you don't have to be strong to be a trainer. Hercule and Yamcha and Tien are all trainers.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Stallion Cabana posted:

I mean you don't have to be strong to be a trainer. Hercule and Yamcha and Tien are all trainers.

Well I mean, Tien's got that tribeam thing. I'm sure that could be useful in the right hands. And Mr. Satan is definitely good for pumping you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stallion Cabana posted:

Are you saying that the world martial arts champion, the man who saved the world from Cell and Majin Buu, is not strong?

• Locked thread