Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Captain Monkey posted:

Wait is it like a thing that they remove the teeth for slow loris pets? :smith:

Yeah :smith:

I'm not entirely clear on this, but they can secrete a toxin into their saliva or something and send you into anaphylactic shock if they bite you. Apparently it's different from being venomous.

This is a feel-good thread though, so here's a cute fossa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Birb Katter posted:

That doesn't sound right. The male echidna does have a spur on it's leg like a platypus but it's not venomous but is used for communication. Also after checking out the wikipedia page for venomous mammals it appears there are a bunch, moles, vampire bats, shrews etc but only the platypus has a venomous weapon and the rest have venomous saliva.

Short-tailed shrew. Venomous bite, velvety fur, big nose, teeny little eyes.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

if that fella didn't want its ears scritched they wouldn't look like that.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

A fearsome knight.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

Fossas are awesome - they are basically a living missing link between the cats and the mustelids.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

ulvir posted:

so are the two owners here just incredibly lazy and disgusting people, or do rodents really poo poo that much on the reg?

gently caress it, poop everywhere

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Yesterday I visited a local zoo/rescue for exotic wildlife. Got to see all kinds of animals up close: fed a giraffe that someone tried to raise in their garage, played chase with a tiny Bengal tiger, got my eardrums blown by a cockatoo that was surrendered because "it was too loud", saw a capybara in the flesh for the first time. But perhaps the most important for me, because I got to cross an item off my bucket list, was that I got to hold a snake. He was only about three feet long, wouldn't have tipped 8 pounds, his name was Seth the ball python, and he was adorable. I didn't take any pictures, but here's my favorite snake video featuring Julius the python.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxc_55ur-J4

Cute python pics.

I love this little infographic.

The entire time I was holding Seth, I kept mumbling "puppy mouth" to myself. I'll be going back eventually to volunteer there.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

All of these speak english like a street urchin from a Dicken's novel. I refuse to believe otherwise.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

Hadaka Apron posted:

Apologies for the watermark.

Why the gently caress would they name their website funnylarva?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

A cat recognizes its owner through a webcam :3:

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

All of these speak english like a street urchin from a Dicken's novel. I refuse to believe otherwise.

You're goddamn right - I mean picture this one wearing a very tall but dirty and crumpled top hat - it's perfect:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
A friend was taking pictures during a rally show and took this of my mom's dog coming back over a hurdle on recall. Those ears get me every time.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
If we're going to talk about cute Australian mammals, Trig Discipline's Auspossum feasts have to be quoted from the YOSPOS cat thread:

Trig Discipline posted:

possum thanksgiving

she had to eat at the kid table though

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Here is the whole set.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

kinmik posted:

I love this little infographic.

The entire time I was holding Seth, I kept mumbling "puppy mouth" to myself. I'll be going back eventually to volunteer there.

Every single time I see a python I think of this infographic and it makes me smile :3:

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

:toot: DOOT DOOT DOODADOO DA DOOT DOOT DOODAH DOO DAH :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeIVybmTgWg

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

casual poster posted:

Why the gently caress would they name their website funnylarva?

There's 2 dog larvae right in the pic dude :rolleyes:

Captain Postal
Sep 16, 2007

Perestroika posted:

A cat recognizes its owner through a webcam :3:

Did it though? Or did it just spot something moving that is small enough to kill?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea I was thinking that might be less cute and more "OH poo poo YOU ARE BITE SIZED, IT'S ON MOTHERFUCKER! :catstare:"

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Forgot to tell the cat we're having a kid

Told the toddler to feed the cat

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Haruharuharuko posted:

It looks like it's going to cry so freaking soon. This is amazing. Congrats on the babby too.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Birb Katter posted:

It looks like it's going to cry so freaking soon. This is amazing. Congrats on the babby too.

Not my kid not my kid

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Not my kid not my kid

You could use quote marks around stuff like that. Makes it more apparent that it's not yours.

Content:

Clouded Leopard Kittens in Miami

RAWR

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Disdain.jpg

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Haruharuharuko posted:

When I was telling my parents I was going to be a dad, I told my mom over the phone. I realized as I said it that it was the first time I said it out loud in front of my cats, and I swear to god one of them made this same reaction in front of me. It was hard stifling my laughter while talking to my mom.

ScotchDK
Aug 14, 2008

mmmh, smooth...

Haruharuharuko posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbusENG6hCE

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Blind Sally posted:

yeah, pretty much. they're just "always" acting. they kept a pretty tight lid on the whole matter for a while, but i believe it's pretty much just an open secret now because the fans don't care and are willing to suspend their disbelief to see oiled up men throw each other through tables.

it is pretty fascinating: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayfabe

EDIT: Triple H broke kayfabe a few months ago after he made an 8-year-old kid cry and felt bad about it: http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/wwe-triple-h-breaks-character-012315

Reposting from the macros thread but this video (second link) is probably one of the single most adorable things I've ever seen, wrestling or not, so I figured it should be shared here. Been violently sick for the last few days and this just cheered me right up and brought manly tears to my eyes. :3:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dewgy posted:

Reposting from the macros thread but this video (second link) is probably one of the single most adorable things I've ever seen, wrestling or not, so I figured it should be shared here. Been violently sick for the last few days and this just cheered me right up and brought manly tears to my eyes. :3:

Look up Connor the Crusher on youtube if you wanna see something sweet.

A fair warning, it will make you cry, the WWE even inducted the kid into the hall of fame. :unsmith:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
I don't like wrestling but I really like hearing about the things they do for their young fans. :3:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Alteisen posted:

Look up Connor the Crusher on youtube if you wanna see something sweet.

A fair warning, it will make you cry, the WWE even inducted the kid into the hall of fame. :unsmith:

Yeah I knew about that too. The modern WWE is pretty cool. :3:

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Cute thread, I need your help. My wife and I just adopted a dog a few hours ago, and we're stumped for a name.

He's a chihuahua, originally from California. He was a stray before the shelter picked him up, and then he was shipped up to the Toronto Humane Society. He's light brown with a white stripe down his chest, and a snaggle tooth. He's been super happy and affectionate since we brought him home, but we can't think of a name for this little guy. Any suggestions?

The Zombie Guy has a new favorite as of 03:12 on Nov 14, 2015

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

The Zombie Guy posted:

Cute thread, I need your help. My wife and I just adopted a dog a few hours ago, and we're stumped for a name.

He's a chihuahua, originally from California. He was a stray before the shelter picked him up, and then he was shipped up to the Toronto Humane Society. He's light brown with a white stripe down his chest, and a snaggle tooth. He's been super happy and affectionate since we brought him home, but we can't think of a name for this little guy. Any suggestions?

You have a space in the url so the image isn't loading. Maybe call him "space"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The Zombie Guy posted:

Missingno :v:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

The Zombie Guy posted:

This is actually a very small bear. So you should call him Bear.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

L'il dude looks like a Chester to me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Transmogrifier posted:

I don't like wrestling but I really like hearing about the things they do for their young fans. :3:

John Cena is basically a machine for his fans, he's done more Make A Wish appearances than anybody, ever, with over 400 times.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Birb Katter posted:

You have a space in the url so the image isn't loading. Maybe call him "space"

Ooops, phone posting. Thanks for that.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

The Zombie Guy posted:

Cute thread, I need your help. My wife and I just adopted a dog a few hours ago, and we're stumped for a name

I vote you name him "Tables" :3:

the joke is that omg, tables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

The Zombie Guy posted:

If ever a dog had to be named Cocoa Puff, this is him.

• Locked thread