Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
If we're talking about DKCR3D, NSMB2, SM3DL, and ACNL being $15, that's across stores and if it's not displayed, it should be a part of the system either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

If we're talking about DKCR3D, NSMB2, SM3DL, and ACNL being $15, that's across stores and if it's not displayed, it should be a part of the system either way.

My bad. I was talking about the buy 1 get 1 50% off sale.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nintendo uploaded some live versions of Xenoblade music and they're pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veZjlumNd2U

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Himuro posted:

Eh. And the occasional English game.

Well again you could just get a European system and then buy games from European Ebayers or something since you don't want to go digital. But yeah we all know locked regions are a dumb thing, so obviously it sucks quite a bit that you even have to consider such stuff. Not to mention the fact that they chose to not bring the other new model to North America (so far).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Help Im Alive posted:

I would do terrible terrible things to get my hands on that Monado :shepface:.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

If you want those games digital you can just buy them at target for half price, then return them at Walmart for full price (you get store credit with no receipt) and use that money to buy eshop cards.

I mean it's kind of a convoluted way to save a couple bucks but whatever.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Help Im Alive posted:

Holy poo poo, Mechanical Rhythm sounds amazing. Gaur Plain is also very good, as is Engage the Enemy. The last one they uploaded is the Main Theme.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Tender Bender posted:

If you want those games digital you can just buy them at target for half price, then return them at Walmart for full price (you get store credit with no receipt) and use that money to buy eshop cards.

That's hosed up but so is Walmart

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

That's some slickdeals level of sliminess. Just buy the game legitimately in whatever form you want. I'm always surprised what lengths people will go to to save what amounts to the price of getting a sandwich and chips for lunch.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Ugh I'm five Club Nintendo points away from being able to get all the rewards I want. What's the cheapest/easiest way to get five points before the end of the day?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

The rear end Stooge posted:

Ugh I'm five Club Nintendo points away from being able to get all the rewards I want. What's the cheapest/easiest way to get five points before the end of the day?

Buy Gunman Clive for $1.99, it should give you a 5 point survey pretty much immediately (or at least it did for me).

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Fremry posted:

Buy Gunman Clive for $1.99, it should give you a 5 point survey pretty much immediately (or at least it did for me).

Already own it :(

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

Here's the list of WIi U and 3DS titles and what they are worth. Find the cheapest 5 point one.

Edit: Bomb Monkey seems to be on sale for $1.49 and is worth 5 points according to that site.

Fremry fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 30, 2015

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Fremry posted:

https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

Here's the list of WIi U and 3DS titles and what they are worth. Find the cheapest 5 point one.

Edit: Bomb Monkey seems to be on sale for $1.49 and is worth 5 points according to that site.

Awesome, thanks.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

The rear end Stooge posted:

I have some I'm not using that you can have, but they are tied to my account. If there's some way I can "transfer" them to you, let me know. It's about 90 coins on my "to do" list that I am not bothering with since nothing is 90 coins. Anyway if there's some way to give them to you let me know.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I have some I'm not using that you can have, but they are tied to my account. If there's some way I can "transfer" them to you, let me know. It's about 90 coins on my "to do" list that I am not bothering with since nothing is 90 coins. Anyway if there's some way to give them to you let me know.

You can't transfer them. Once a game/survey is tied to an account, that's it.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

ChaosArgate posted:

Holy poo poo, Mechanical Rhythm sounds amazing. Gaur Plain is also very good, as is Engage the Enemy. The last one they uploaded is the Main Theme.

On an unrelated note, Seattle needs a hockey team. Nintendo's got (or at least had) its hooks deep in the Mariners so it's not an outlandish idea, and these would make for sweet arena PA.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ChaosArgate posted:

I thought these were names of iOS apps

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So are Dillion's rolling western games any good? I have 550 points, and at 200 for Link's Awakening, I would have enough for either one (but would get stuck with extra points). What 200 and 150 point games are fun? I could always get Metroid as I never beat it, but meh.

I really wish nintendo would have put up a few cheap point dump items, like 1 coin = 10 cents of cash on the Eshop or something.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Anora posted:

So are Dillion's rolling western games any good? I have 550 points, and at 200 for Link's Awakening, I would have enough for either one (but would get stuck with extra points). What 200 and 150 point games are fun? I could always get Metroid as I never beat it, but meh.

I really wish nintendo would have put up a few cheap point dump items, like 1 coin = 10 cents of cash on the Eshop or something.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/dillons-rolling-western
http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/dillons-rolling-western-the-last-ranger

For free games they don't look too bad.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Anora posted:

So are Dillion's rolling western games any good?

They're pretty cool tower defense games with Nintendo's charm. Get The Last Ranger since it's better in every way (frame rate and content) to the first one and has a rad squidman sniper character.

The only thing that sucks is you have to use touch screen controls for everything other then moving.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 30, 2015

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Fremry posted:

You can't transfer them. Once a game/survey is tied to an account, that's it.

oh ok, They weren't even used yet (I didn't take the surveys yet so I didn't earn the coins) so I thought maybe I could help him out somehow.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

So, I have followed the Spillpass tutorial and got the same components they suggest and I still can't get it to work. Does anyone have any experience with setting one up? The guide is really simple, it literally says to just plug everything in and go so I can't figure out where I messed up. They don't say anything about renaming your router or even if having a security key is a problem so yeah, anyone have any idea?

I've set it up countless times. It's absolutely plug and play, unless your router doesn't use DHCP and only serves static. - but then all you can to do is assign SpillPass a static IP :)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

noirstronaut posted:

Is there a decent comparison for Harvest Moon and Rune Factory? Like those SAT questions, Harvest Moon is to _______ as Rune Factory is to _________. Basically, I'm looking at Story of Seasons, but I don't know if I'd like it at all. I've wasted over 500 hours into Animal Crossing during one season, but HM looks more like a game geared towards marriage and farming, two things you straight up don't really do in Animal Crossing.

Knowing that, I was looking at Rune Factory too given how it's apparently just HM with monsters which sounds rad as hell.

AC is nothing like HM and RF, except in the sense that they are all slow paced games with no win condition. HM is all framing and friendships and things decorating and foraging are side activities. I'm not to familiar with RF, but I'm pretty sure it's HM + an RPG.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Rune Factory is HM + dungeon crawling + bland combat - interesting farming mechanics + high octane anime

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I say this as someone who likes RF

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

its great

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
combat is alright, you have a number of weapon styles to choose from at least, but crafting cool equipment and then gifting the entire town with turnip heads, taming bosses, and dating really rude fox boys makes for a killer game IMO

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Finally had my copy of Ocarina delivered today (originally predicted as the 9th of March!). I'm happier than a grown adult should be about this, totally taking me back to when I got an N64 for Christmas and played Goldeneye and Zelda far too much (I feigned illness to stay off school and play Ocarina).

When is the great Nintendo club ending?

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
Tomorrow is the last day to register stuff and Wednesday we should learn what the Plat/Gold rewards are.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Time to scramble for some Club Nintendo coins
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
9DL-KPAZ-2KBF-2X3
Mario Kart 7
TZR-BE84-V7MV-QEX

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Thanks, I have two games I need to register. How many stars do we suppose will be needed for the good stuff?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jarogue posted:

Time to scramble for some Club Nintendo coins
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
9DL-KPAZ-2KBF-2X3
Mario Kart 7
TZR-BE84-V7MV-QEX

Got the the Donkey Kong code, Club Nintendo is saying the Mario Kart 7 code is invalid.

Thank you.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Thanks, I have two games I need to register. How many stars do we suppose will be needed for the good stuff?

If you're a Euro, you might have until April 20th to register games. The press release is kinda fuzzy. Starting April 1st physical games won't have CN codes anymore, but digital games will still give stars until the 20th. I'd assume if you bought a game that still has a code, you could still register it until the 20th, but who knows.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Cless Alvein posted:

If you're a Euro, you might have until April 20th to register games. The press release is kinda fuzzy. Starting April 1st physical games won't have CN codes anymore, but digital games will still give stars until the 20th. I'd assume if you bought a game that still has a code, you could still register it until the 20th, but who knows.

I'm a euro, I've decided to be cautious and register now. Got 3500 stars, although what that will get me who knows.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Got the the Donkey Kong code, Club Nintendo is saying the Mario Kart 7 code is invalid.

Thank you.

Someone else most likely of got Mario Kart 7.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Jarogue posted:

You get separate messages if it's invalid or if it's been used already

e: New 3DS games have black labels, in the UK at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Flkz5ZDRM

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jarogue posted:

noirstronaut posted:

Yeah it's saying it's invalid not claimed, I should have been more clear about that.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

noirstronaut posted:

e: New 3DS games have black labels, in the UK at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Flkz5ZDRM

I was wondering what New3DS carts would look like. I expected them to put another nub on left side so it couldn't go in a regular 3DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
If I buy the Ace Attorney 5 dlc before playing the game, when should I play the dlc?