Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Castle Cainhurst is the coolest video game castle I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i have
1) Ultra Gem (idk how to get)
2) All Weapons (just need the one from the chalice dungeon)
3 & 4) endings
5) Hunter Special Items where is the one that chameleons you into a messenger... what the gently caress...
6) i guess one for doing all fixed chalice dungeons?
7) upgrade a weapon to +10 where the gently caress do i get a blood rock

Ultra gem just do chalice dungeons eventually you'll get to the point where every gem is high enough level to unlock it. Blood rock is in the nightmare of mensis if you take the second cage down you can jump out of it and into a window and get to a lever that will drop down the brain that makes you frenzied and you'll find the rock where it falls.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*stares down the king and draws my sword on the snow-battered rooftop*

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

the forbidden woods are massive

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Nanomashoes posted:

Ultra gem just do chalice dungeons eventually you'll get to the point where every gem is high enough level to unlock it. Blood rock is in the nightmare of mensis if you take the second cage down you can jump out of it and into a window and get to a lever that will drop down the brain that makes you frenzied and you'll find the rock where it falls.

drat... wtf... i pulled that lever and got teh funny cutscene and then i looked in the hole and didn't see any items

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
lost 4 insight to a cthulu-head rear end in a top hat. Was a bit mad then I realized more Insight makes the game harder so maybe he was trying to help me. Thanks squid-head

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
if tru i should not be running around with 100 insight

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There's still a Heineken beer can and car parts in the trashpiles, they re-used the trash textures from Dark Souls, except now it's pretty obvious with all the higher texture settings.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

if tru i should not be running around with 100 insight
Yeah you shouldn't be it's just to give people a challenge who want a challenge.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

There's still a Heineken beer can and car parts in the trashpiles, they re-used the trash textures from Dark Souls, except now it's pretty obvious with all the higher texture settings.

Yeah you shouldn't be it's just to give people a challenge who want a challenge.

Maybe Yarnham is a society that's been rebuilt after the apocalypse and this is just a subtle hint...

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I need to look the insight thing up since i don't really notice a difference after spending it all

*checks wiki*

oh poo poo so THATS what made the enemies different and weird poo poo start happening O_O

THE PENETRATOR fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 30, 2015

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I need to look the insight thing up since i don't really notice a difference after spending it all

*checks wiki*

oh poo poo so THATS what made the enemies different and weird poo poo start happening O_O

Nintendo has the patent on sanity meters so they made it a number instead.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
once you get down to it this game is really just A Shadow Over Innsmouth: IN A CITY

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zen death robot posted:

That said, I killed shadow of Yarnham the first time without dying at 30+ insight

Same; i just kept the gigantic tombstone between me and the fireball dude and parried the other 2 to death

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

zen death robot posted:

what about them?

missed this post oops

they're just really, really accurate, and it owns. look at this:

khrits
Dec 25, 2011

And when we leave, we need to put things back the way we found them. We're not slobs.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I enjoy that this game looks like a reskin of dark souls in about every single way

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Larry Parrish posted:

I enjoy that this game looks like a reskin of dark souls in about every single way

why mess with perfection?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

THE PENETRATOR posted:

once you get down to it this game is really just A Shadow Over Innsmouth: IN A CITY

that is one of my favorite lovecraft stories. you are right, too.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Anybody take advantage of those beast pellets? I've tried a couple times but I can never land enough hits on enemies to make the gauge go up very high.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Psycobladder posted:

Anybody take advantage of those beast pellets? I've tried a couple times but I can never land enough hits on enemies to make the gauge go up very high.

do you have high Insight? The more you have the harder it is to go Beast Mode

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Is there any benefit to high insight? I heard it just makes enemies have new attacks and you're more susceptible to frenzy.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Yeah that sets really cool, although my favorite is definitely the knight set at the moment.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Psycobladder posted:

Is there any benefit to high insight? I heard it just makes enemies have new attacks and you're more susceptible to frenzy.

if you're super interested in lore then high insight lets you understand what some of the bosses are saying when they howl. Someone confirmed it with Vicar Amelia, don't know what other bosses let you do this

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Well thats really cool, I have like 50 insight at the moment, may as well see what more can do, I have like 30 Madman Skulls that I can use.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Taint Reaper posted:

why mess with perfection?

Thank you. Any game Taint Reaper enjoys is definitely not worth buying. Guess that's the only possible reason to own a PS4 off the table.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

zen death robot posted:

Is the knight set one you get from a labyrinth or through regular progression?

It is found in an optional area, the one where you get access to covenants.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

it's good poo poo
i tried some other emotes and she just tilts her head and acts confused... rip

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Larry Parrish posted:

Thank you. Any game Taint Reaper enjoys is definitely not worth buying. Guess that's the only possible reason to own a PS4 off the table.

If thats your metric you might as well buy an Xbox One

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

it's good poo poo
i tried some other emotes and she just tilts her head and acts confused... rip

I like that if you dust off your cape you dust the npcs too

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

a powerful movement

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i only have shake off cape... hoping to get to dust off cape in an hour or two... im skipping all the optional bosses because ng+ is hard

fun fact: you don't have to fight cleric beast in ng+, you can buy the key since you already have the hunter badge it gives you

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

A broken clock can also enjoy great video games like bloodborne

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i am having so much trouble with the loving vicar god drat

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
jesus loving christ

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i'd help u but ... im going to sleep

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
whenever I'm having a LOT of trouble with a boss I just try to get myself summoned to fight the boss, helps me learn the patterns and stuff with another dude and it wont cost me anything to do so.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i'd help u but ... im going to sleep

thank u. i just beat her though, and im extremely proud of myself.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i just beat the game. it was great.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
getting used to the damage all the bosses do in ng+ is hard... with 15 vit
since i'm making mad bank i just die until i get the dodge pattern down, which is usually something stupid and easy to keep going. example, for abhorrent beast boss in chalice dungeons (which is not scaled to ng level which owns kind of): walk up, dodge left, attack and immediately backstep. pattern repeats until fight is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
there are a lot of angry pigs at the gaol