Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

I dont know posted:

I backed based on the assurances of robust toilet physics. This seems like another case of kickstarters promising features they have no intention of delivering.

Heh, looks like you hit the nail on the head.... sucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
you keep saying how lovely this game is but i think youre full of poo poo and the game actually isnt. i want floaters in the sewers, toilet physics, chrek the hobgoblin jokes, filth golems, etc. etc.. don't go back on your promises this is A FAN PRODUCED GAME AND WE DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Just spent a lot of time trying to figure out the best way to determine if a point is within the same area of the map as another, as in can reach the point by walking. Had a fairly complex solution going on with pathing and whatnot, but it was slow and cumbersome... eventually said gently caress it and tried out implementing a dumb and dirty flood-fill, thinking "i'll optimize it later if it works". It turned out to not only be fast but also work perfectly, there is not even any reason for me to optimize it.

Can't believe how many times i've learned the same lesson: Start Simple. Simple is usually good enough and in fact better in almost every way.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Bisse posted:

Just spent a lot of time trying to figure out the best way to determine if a point is within the same area of the map as another, as in can reach the point by walking. Had a fairly complex solution going on with pathing and whatnot, but it was slow and cumbersome... eventually said gently caress it and tried out implementing a dumb and dirty flood-fill, thinking "i'll optimize it later if it works". It turned out to not only be fast but also work perfectly, there is not even any reason for me to optimize it.

Can't believe how many times i've learned the same lesson: Start Simple. Simple is usually good enough and in fact better in almost every way.
Lazy solutions best solutions.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Flood-fill is the name of the toilet minigame.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Got a week off from my REAL job.

Time to put on my big boy dev pants and ruin this game beyond repair. Open to suggestions.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Gortarius posted:

Time to put on my big boy dev pants and ruin this game beyond repair. Open to suggestions.

Day one toilet skin DLC.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Gortarius posted:

Genie gender.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
We like to joke around here about toilets, but lets get down to brass tacks:

Toilets should at a minimum be:
placed in areas that make thematic sense depending on the environment.
you should be able to walk up to a toilet, hit the interact button and have a flush sound effect play.

Please.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Gortarius posted:

Release it

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

notZaar posted:

Release it

Workin' on it.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
rhythm minigame

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Basketball toss arcade game like that paper toss mobile game.
Aforementioned strip breakout/tetris.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
In engine memory editor ala
https://youtu.be/24XHkmOJebA

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

SeXReX posted:

In engine memory editor ala
https://youtu.be/24XHkmOJebA

This gave me a "good" idea for something. I'll get started on it right away.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
please allow me to select my gender in game, and let "yes please" be one of the options .

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

jsoh posted:

please allow me to select my gender in game

You're like 2 years late.

Get on the trolley.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Lurdiak posted:

You're like 2 years late.

Get on the trolley.

The best part of this is in the video, you can select as many of the boxes as you like.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Great Joe posted:

Genie gender.

Also have this unlock hard(er) mode turning every duergar in the game against you.

zinglon's ale
Nov 29, 2004

uh oh

HMS Boromir posted:

toilet rhythm minigame

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
just ask for more money so you can finish the game

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
has it been confirmed if cyberdwarf will make a reappearance, if not, can i get a b-ball skin graph for me and my toilet?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Blackheart posted:

Also have this unlock hard(er) mode turning every duergar in the game against you.
I like you. Make it happen.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
http://www.twitch.tv/frankiepixelshow
Streaming some more, animating more duergar faces.

I should really get on to drawing backer faces too. Im on a face drawing binge, after the weapon binge of a few weeks ago...
I need to get on an enemy sprite animating binge soon tho.

TheKnife
Jan 24, 2009
Is this on steam greenlight yet? I can't imagine playing this without simultaneously broadcasting that fact to everyone of my acquaintanceship.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TheKnife posted:

Is this on steam greenlight yet? I can't imagine playing this without simultaneously broadcasting that fact to everyone of my acquaintanceship.
The devs autistically shun putting their game on Steam greenlight because they are afraid Gabe Newell will know where they live and will come eat their chicken fries. In this they are correct, but Steam dollars would buy many a new chicken fry................

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Nessus posted:

The devs autistically shun putting their game on Steam greenlight because they are afraid Gabe Newell will know where they live and will come eat their chicken fries. In this they are correct, but Steam dollars would buy many a new chicken fry................

When was the last time Gabe did that?

2013, that's right! It's been over a year so what are they so scared of?

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
poo poo wrong thread

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

When was the last time Gabe did that?

2013, that's right! It's been over a year so what are they so scared of?
Well I mean, it would definitely happen, but Gaben has a lot of devs to raid. He'd probably eat like two orders of chicken fries per visit, and the Steam sales would probably fund like ten. So in a sense it's being dew-wise and fry-foolish... learn to mend your ways, ToGsters...

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Are these truly the devs we are trusting our precious kickstarter dollars with? Seems problematic!!!

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
That's a feature, not a bug.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I can't fully shake the feeling that BK brought chicken fries back permanently just for the release of Barkley 2. Mayhaps it is a sign of good things to come.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I know there's some form of extra effects from integrating a save file from the first game. Any word on what actually is checked/can be checked for?Like, are there separate effects for whether or not you have Charles be uncharitable and unlock the Deathtemple, or if you did a full Steampunk mode playthrough, or did Al Bhed mode, or who you sided with in the miner's strike.

OBVIOUSLY the library ticket is important, of course.

And pretty please, is there any chance I could get an actually informative, only-slightly unhelpful bullshit answer that has some degree of usable information than none at all?

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What sort of scrub would transfer anything less than a flawless save from a game to its sequel?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

quakster posted:

What sort of scrub would transfer anything less than a flawless save from a game to its sequel?

But what qualifies as flawless in light of the many gripping moral choices in the game?

edit: Hey i just downloaded the latest version of the mac port of Barkley 1 and it says the file is corrupted and it can't be opened.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 30, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Here is an image to put on the ToG's wall to inspire the troops in crunch times of despair.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
The year is 2070.

Wrestling is dead.

My name is John Cena.

I am one of the last WrestleMania stars alive.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

circ dick soleil posted:

The year is 2070.

Wrestling is dead.

My name is John Cena.

"Damnit, this was all just a gatdamn booby trap! Hogan, you motherfucking baka, you sick motherfucking goddamn BAKA! What the gently caress did you to do Beltz? What the gently caress did you do to my son?!"

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
"'Barkley.app' is damaged an can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

Wow, Macs really are smart. It knows exactly where Barkley 1 belongs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

circ dick soleil posted:

The year is 2070.

Wrestling is dead.

My name is John Cena.

I'd like that game's Vinceborg in my party.