Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calax
Oct 5, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Jesiz leaving was actually an upgrade for them probably

Except that Coast won their second game against WFX with Jesiz.

Although WFX had two alternates in the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

bad team does bad, although for some reason I only just clocked that Impaler and Jesiz are gone.

Speaking of stats, SK has a pretty fearsome record in Eu so far, what is the best competitive record for pro League? Any complete blow outs without losing a single game?
SKT1 won OGN Winter without dropping any.

In NA, C9 went 25-3 in the Summer 2013 split and won the following playoffs without dropping any games. Next split they went 24-4 and again had a perfect playoffs.

M5/Gambit won an IEM World Championship without dropping any games, if single tournaments count.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Calax posted:

Except that Coast won their second game against WFX with Jesiz.

Although WFX had two alternates in the team.

I think it's fair to assume anyone involved in Coasts one win is probably better than any possible replacement

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
ROCCAT booted their coach and Woolite following their disappointing split:
http://www.newsoflegends.com/index.php/team-roccat-release-head-coach-hold-adc-trials-36301/

I think every regular poster in this thread is probably not surprised about the latter outcome at least.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Libertine posted:

ROCCAT booted their coach and Woolite following their disappointing split:
http://www.newsoflegends.com/index.php/team-roccat-release-head-coach-hold-adc-trials-36301/

I think every regular poster in this thread is probably not surprised about the latter outcome at least.

Not surprised about Woolite, but suprised they kept Overpow. He is by all accounts toxic (Screams at team members, acts selfish, etc) and should be turfed for the health of the team. And he's no Forgiven, so theres no crazy skill to make up for his anger.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Obscurity posted:

Just a reminder to people to pay up if you lost Fantasy LCS in a reward league.

For mine, Megling Genocide:
http://fantasy.na.lolesports.com/en-US/league/497883

The winner is mastercoo7588

Edit:

Just sent you your Mystery Skin. Ice Toboggan Corki!

Mystery gift turned out to be Officer Vi! I'm jealous

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i haven't been able to log into my fantasy lcs thing since like week 3 and don't know what it is but if anyone who beat my lovely team adds me i'll mystery gift you stinger akali or w/e

e: vvvv i tried a ton of different things people itt suggested and nothing worked it's just hosed somehow :I

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 31, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Lovechop posted:

i haven't been able to log into my fantasy lcs thing since like week 3 and don't know what it is but if anyone who beat my lovely team adds me i'll mystery gift you stinger akali or w/e

What's your region? It might be trying to log you into the wrong one. Replace the 'na' or whatever bit of the url for your account's region and you should be able to log in properly.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Some unexpected Liquid/Gravity Fanart

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Lovechop posted:

e: vvvv i tried a ton of different things people itt suggested and nothing worked it's just hosed somehow :I

:whatup:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Not surprised about Woolite, but suprised they kept Overpow. He is by all accounts toxic (Screams at team members, acts selfish, etc) and should be turfed for the health of the team. And he's no Forgiven, so theres no crazy skill to make up for his anger.

Overpow probably's gotta go too, but booting Woolite was absolutely the right move. He's a total shitter and was directly responsible for the way their split went. A decision can be reached on Overpow once he doesn't have to deal with an entirely worthless botlane.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't know that Overpow is really that great and he definitely hasn't adapted well to toplane. Actually when you consider what kind of mids he was good on and the current meta he doesn't look like he'll be much of a top unless he drastically changes. Of course then you think about how dire top is in the western scene and it makes sense they wouldn't ditch him without having someone lined up.

NA and EU seem all right at developing bot laners and even mid to some degree but the top and jungle scene is a bunch of garbage

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Jungle seems...OK, actually. Looking at the new talent, dudes like Porpoisepops and Santorin aren't too bad. They started off rough but impressed me this split. Top's a wasteland though. The gap between the Dyruses and the Avalons is gigantic.

---

On a different note, sent my mystery gift to Dorkins! Hopefully Sultan Tryndamere is appropriate for the winner of one of the money leagues. :)

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Jungle is a position that doesn't seem to produce a lot of 'good' players. The gap between the elite best few junglers and the world and everyone else is absurdly large compared to other positions.

But yeah, top lane talent in the West is so bad.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I mean part of the reason Coast breezed through na challenger series is that Impaler was a significantly better jungler than anyone else. Amazing is on Origen, Trashy seems all right.

Azingy is a pro jungler right now. It's not exactly a deep and healthy position in the west.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

I mean part of the reason Coast breezed through na challenger series is that Impaler was a significantly better jungler than anyone else. Amazing is on Origen, Trashy seems all right.

Azingy is a pro jungler right now. It's not exactly a deep and healthy position in the west.

They also benefited from the glorious meltdown of Maknoon and Co - without Fusion's tilt they wouldn't be in.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Other than the 2 losses against fusion in playoffs I'm pretty sure impaler nearly solo carried every game for coast in the challenger series. Now he's dead and gone :rip:

also seeing the C9 CLG tiebreaker was pretty hilarious and it just seems to reinforce the narrative that doublelift will never win anything at all in pro league

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

exethan posted:

Other than the 2 losses against fusion in playoffs I'm pretty sure impaler nearly solo carried every game for coast in the challenger series. Now he's dead and gone :rip:
They lost 3-1 to Curse Academy and even dropped a game to F5, they were pretty shaky the entire tournament tbh.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Flaresz actually looked like he could be pretty good from the games he played. Too bad he got replaced by Avalon lol.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I guess i'm just massively misremembering his play because he was considered the best jungler in CS and was probably the worst in LCS, not counting the subs everyone else had or crumbbz who quit after 4 games

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

exethan posted:

I guess i'm just massively misremembering his play because he was considered the best jungler in CS and was probably the worst in LCS, not counting the subs everyone else had or crumbbz who quit after 4 games

Impaler was a much better jungler than Azingy, by a mile.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Previous Jesus posted:

Flaresz actually looked like he could be pretty good from the games he played. Too bad he got replaced by Avalon lol.

He's very likely going to be back in the Summer Split on NME, who are 9-1 vs the other NACS teams (having only dropped a single game to Fusion).

NME are my pick to win NACS and get autopromoted - they've been too consistently strong for me to pick anyone else. They also beat the new F5 roster 2-0 last week and should be able to do it again easy.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 31, 2015

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lol he quit before azingy even played right?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

exethan posted:

lol he quit before azingy even played right?

Impaler? I think they shared a week or two. And he didn't quit, Coast put him on the challenger team so he could get back to the LCS because he was one of the good parts of their squad (which is why noted shitters Mash, Cris and Mancloud did not get brought over).

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Impaler is actually really good in my opinion, he's just cursed with an affinity for playing Rengar in compositions that can't support it with teammates who can't set it up. It was his downfall.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Libertine posted:

Impaler is actually really good in my opinion, he's just cursed with an affinity for playing Rengar in compositions that can't support it with teammates who can't set it up. It was his downfall.

Same. If you can make loving CRIS look good, you're amazing.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Part of the problem with top is that from an outsiders perspective it doesn't seem that fun. You initiate then are a giant punching bag while others beat people up.

Also the difference between Top and Jungle in Solo que and in teams is probably the most drastic, with top and jungle on teams having to coordinate far more than any other spot.

Also this is a game where you get yelled at for making a mistake or not having a clue, when you've got to start learning an entirely different method of play when you play Jungle. Baiscally if we want to have better top and Jungle players, we need to find some way to foster the talent before it hits the LCS.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Letting it play itself is still better than Coast, nailed it.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

http://www.twitch.tv/ggmontecristo/b/643826900

Monte went over C9 vs CLG and SKT vs Jin Air.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Calax posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/ggmontecristo/b/643826900

Monte went over C9 vs CLG and SKT vs Jin Air.

I've only watched his recap of the C9-CLG game so far, but, as always, this is really good analysis.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Lowland Lions and Gamers 2 are about to play on EU CS Semifinals.
http://www.azubu.tv/LoLEsports
or
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames

Winner of this series will be in the promotion/relegation tournament in some fashion (or auto-promoted if they win the final)

e: I think this is the very first competitive game on 5.6

Libertine fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 31, 2015

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Haha that fizz escape. Hecarim went in so early there.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Roccat is trying out ADCs and toplaners, apparently MrRallez is the biggest name in contention: http://www.summoners-inn.de/de/news/26869-roccat-versucht-sich-mit-neuen-spielern

Just get tabzz already.

Edit:

Libertine posted:

e: I think this is the very first competitive game on 5.6

I really like how the challenger series just throws teams onto new patches with no practice, it's pretty entertaining.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 31, 2015

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
Watching ocelot's forays into league of legends fail never gets old.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

LowLandLions, better name, better team.

Sexpansion posted:

Roccat is trying out ADCs and toplaners, apparently MrRallez is the biggest name in contention: http://www.summoners-inn.de/de/news/26869-roccat-versucht-sich-mit-neuen-spielern

Just get tabzz already.

If Roccat can get Tabzz they should, there's no indication that they can though. Of those guys they listed, I've seen enough of G2 Yuuki to think he's not LCS tier. Rallez is one of those LCS guys who has hung around forever on bad teams and I think he is an on par LCS player who wouldn't throw as much as Woolite but wouldn't play much better than him either. I don't know anything about chew or Exork, they seem like potential picks. Exork is a 1000 LP Challenger EUW player so I'd just say on blind faith take him and see what he can do because that's really high.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I think Corki is terrible on 5.5+ unless you use it perfectly and even then I probably wouldn't chance it.

Edit: Fiora lock, thank you challenger.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

lol fiora pick

mega armorstack incoming

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I always root for the Gragas Jungle. Let's go Lions. Competitive Fiora in a clinching game is the definition of ballsy pick.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
hahahaha level 1 first blood on Fiora holy poo poo this game is delivering.

You better laneswap, G2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
this lvl 1 5v5 lol

• Locked thread