Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Blue Star Error posted:

The only eligible country that could out bribe a USA bid is Equatorial Guinea and even FIFA are self aware enough that they have to at least pretend they aren't corrupt with this next one. Coupled with the FBI investigation into FIFA corruption being convieniently shelved and US broadcasters being given 2026 rights for free to me says USA 2026 is a done deal.

They werent given the rights for free, Sepp just decided to do away with that whole "bidding" thing and let them buy the rights with no competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

MrBling posted:

They werent given the rights for free, Sepp just decided to do away with that whole "bidding" thing and let them buy the rights with no competition.

I sit corrected

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I hope if the world cup is in the States in 2026 every FIFA exec is arrested by the FBI the second they step off the plane in the most elaborate sting operation ever seen.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

axeil posted:

I hope if the world cup is in the States in 2026 every FIFA exec is arrested by the FBI the second they step off the plane in the most elaborate sting operation ever seen.

That's 11 years from now, they'll all be dead by then.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

vyelkin posted:

Sepp will find a way to haunt football from beyond the grave.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
for all of FIFAs failings i still laugh whenever i think of the name Povertinho watching the WC lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

vyelkin posted:

Joao Havelange is 98

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

vyelkin posted:

Just you wait, we'll find out Sepp Blatter has horcruxes scattered throughout the footballing world, making his death by natural forces impossible.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

axeil posted:

Just you wait, we'll find out Sepp Blatter has horcruxes scattered throughout the footballing world, making his death by natural forces impossible.

Blatter's horcrux is football itself, the only way he dies is if he takes the sport down with him

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Nostradingus posted:

Blatter's horcrux is football itself, the only way he dies is if he takes the sport down with him

Neither can live while the other survives.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
What is a horcrux

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

African AIDS cum posted:

What is a horcrux

wjhat my wife uses after she broke her ankle

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

tbp posted:

Lmao

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

tbp posted:

heh

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

tbp posted:

haha

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

tbp posted:

:boom:

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
idgi

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Seriously?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

same

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
It's a crutch for a whore. His wife is a whore. Are you happy now? You ruined it.

Also Harry Potter.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

tbp posted:

lmao

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Hello is sepp blatter dead yet

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

THATCHER BRAINWASH posted:

Hello is sepp blatter dead yet

Someone needs to start the website isseppblatterdeadyet.com so we can always know.

Today's answer: He's not dead yet.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

chaoslord posted:

Someone needs to start the website isseppblatterdeadyet.com so we can always know.

Disappointing tbh

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

chaoslord posted:

redirect isfootballstillalive.com to the same webpage

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
There's a small piece in the latest Private Eye about Blatter, and those in line to take over from Blatter when he eventually dies. It's not going to get any better. There is a fair chance it's going to be Sheik Ahmad al Fahad, who is very close to a man called Gafur Rakhimov, of Uzbekistan, whose antics make Blatter look angelic.

He's an official in international amateur boxing, and a vice-president of Ahmad's Olympic Council of Asia. He was denied a visa at the Sydney Olympics due to links to Russian Mafia, he's had his accounts frozen by the US Treasury, who also announced he was a key member of a huge crime syndicate.

Cropped out, but it goes on to say how muttaleb pocketed hefty kickbacks from ISL, Fifa's marketing company. He was eventually removed when panorama caught him on camera selling IOC votes.

Sheik Ahmad apparently has "commitment to promote equality and good governance" which is how he got his position on Fifa's executive committee.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Blatter has dirt on basically everyone in FIFA who has any real power. Assuming he doesn't pick his successor it'll be who can bribe the most

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
There's obviously no way that FIFA is ever going to be anything but an evil corrupt organisation nor is there any way that any of the regional or national FAs are going to pool together and do anything about it so it's probably better that you all get over it now and just lay back and take it.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Hamas Rodriguez posted:

There's obviously no way that FIFA is ever going to be anything but an evil corrupt organisation nor is there any way that any of the regional or national FAs are going to pool together and do anything about it so it's probably better that you all get over it now and just lay back and take it.

That's your country's answer to everything

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Hamas Rodriguez posted:

That's your country's answer to everything

Feeling a little self-loathing today?

In other relevant news, according to Jeffrey Webb regarding Russia: "We can't have a World Cup there under the current conditions." Just remember racism is bad, but fraud, lying, and bribery is good.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Shoren posted:

Feeling a little self-loathing today?

In other relevant news, according to Jeffrey Webb regarding Russia: "We can't have a World Cup there under the current conditions." Just remember racism is bad, but fraud, lying, and bribery is good.

God loving damnit, we all knew this was a thing back when you voted for it but now they get to pretend to care and point to whatever token solution the Russians invent as progress.

gently caress FIFA

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I wondered who this Jeffrey Webb character is and apparently he's FIFA vice president. What influential footballing powerhouse does he represent? The Cayman Islands, FIFA ranking: 205.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
He's in charge of the money laundering

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Blue Star Error posted:

I wondered who this Jeffrey Webb character is and apparently he's FIFA vice president. What influential footballing powerhouse does he represent? The Cayman Islands, FIFA ranking: 205.

I can't think of a more appropriate person to have a senior position in FIFA

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I can't think of a more appropriate person to have a senior position in FIFA

Switzerland and the Cayman Islands. Get someone from Jersey in there and you'll have the triumvirate.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

serious gaylord posted:

Switzerland and the Cayman Islands. Get someone from Jersey in there and you'll have the triumvirate.

Guernsey actually has a team playing league football so they are a better choice.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Can't be long before Gibraltar become a FIFA member

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

serious gaylord posted:

TBP's time to shine.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

TBP's time to shine.

Its

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

TBP's time to shine.

my recently retired good friend Veloce E'Buono will provide me with key connections