Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
"It wasn't all of the Indians there, just a large portion of them..."

"Tell me why I shouldn't hate all Indians!"

I think you answered your own challenge there, buddy. :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
This was a really, really good episode. But it's probably the first time (certainly the first time in the last 150 episodes) with fewer than five readers.

Which I actually kind of like. Everyone was pretty much equally engaged in the episode. Sometimes, in larger groups, some people PORTAXX really take center stage and other people get pushed to the fringe.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Which is the episode with the incredibly DidntHappen.txt story about a foot- and flat tire-fetishist?

RyokoTK posted:

This was a really, really good episode. But it's probably the first time (certainly the first time in the last 150 episodes) with fewer than five readers.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised by that.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
That sounds like the Auto Moronic Asphyxiation episode to me.

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Plague of Hats posted:

Which is the episode with the incredibly DidntHappen.txt story about a foot- and flat tire-fetishist?

Yeah, I was kind of surprised by that.

I just listened to that a few days ago! It's in "Well, Since You Asked" (124).

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Finally watched the monkey mom episode.

It was alright I guess.

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Mar 31, 2015

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Have It Told Real-Time. It's an outtake from the Netflix one. I can't find it on the new site, but the filename is short_hitrt.mp3.

We came back to this one once at one point and recorded a full episode. There was some technical issue (probably a corrupt audacity file or broken hard drive, I forget) that killed it. I'd love to revisit it. The site still looks the same and is just as nuts as it was 5 years ago.

http://www.hitrt.com/

God, I love acid.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

BootsRaingear posted:

God, I love acid.

I muted the episode, put on the LSD i-Dose, hit play, and watched that little bar scroll to the end on the monkey mom episode. Aww yeah.

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 31, 2015

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I don't think that the HITRT guy is crazy per se, just unimaginably far up his own rear end. He's like an even douchier Robert Christgau who babbles pompously about everything besides rock albums.

So, uh, Andy Rooney Part 2, I guess.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
"Well, he's a... black guy."

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DoctorWhat posted:

i love the goku v superman debate

I got really mad at this part because of the guy who didn't know what Golden Age and Silver Age meant.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
In case there are any fools here who don't follow The F Plus on twitter: NPR is asking YOU what your favorite podcast episode is!

Have you always wanted to fulfill your secret fantasy of tricking NPR into listening to a podcast about Sinead O'Connor's love life? Now you can!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

While the cling film episode isn't really my favorite, I'd rather get the F Plus more new listeners by easing people's introduction into the amazing world of banana-fuckers and extreme scrotal makeovers.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

dijon du jour posted:

In case there are any fools here who don't follow The F Plus on twitter: NPR is asking YOU what your favorite podcast episode is!

Have you always wanted to fulfill your secret fantasy of tricking NPR into listening to a podcast about Sinead O'Connor's love life? Now you can!

I went straight for the gold with episode 63: "Achtung! Adult Babies!" If I have to be scarred for life someone at NPR will be too.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Hasters posted:

I went straight for the gold with episode 63: "Achtung! Adult Babies!"
Awesome, that makes at least two of us. Better chance of getting it through. :hehe:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Three, motherfuckers.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Well I guess I'll throw down for Adult Babies as well. I wasn't sure which one to pick (it wasn't going to be the Roy Orbison episode).

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
If I were to pick one gross one, I'd go with the ball-busting episode. Instead, I might go for my actual favorite, the sing-along episode.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Not the bug dicks one?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
I think I'm going to submit the episode on Amy Lee aka No, Not That Amy Lee aka Even Nonsense because that's probably my favorite episode that doesn't get into gross sex stuff.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
My memory is pretty bad but after looking at the episode list my best guess is that I liked Angry Angry Hippos the most. It wasn't disturbing or anything but the material was just so obviously I-am-fat-and-do-not-want-any-reminder-of-this-reality-or-my-role-in-that-reality that it was hilarious. It had the person whose doctor made him (her?) look at the number on the scale and they were so traumatized they escaped through the exam room window.

edit: oh I also really like the Roy Orbison Clingfilm one

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 2, 2015

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I sent in I Can't Believe It's Entirely Butter! Since that's probably my favorite episode overall.

Whimskey
Jul 4, 2007

I submitted God Bless You, Water Woman. Definitely my favorite non-gross episode, and I don't think it gets enough love.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

Not the bug dicks one?

This would be my vote for a goon rushing but adult babies will work just fine. Godspeed, NPR.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

So I guess we know what the next episode is going to be as well as when the Wrongest Words is coming out.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

IronicDongz posted:

"Well, he's a... black guy."

"Well, he's some black guy."

I think the subtle difference is what makes it a sure classic.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I cast my vote for the adult babies. I hope NPR enjoys it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A Meat posted:

So I guess we know what the next episode is going to be as well as when the Wrongest Words is coming out.

Oh, that's gonna be good.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I went ahead and nominated the Singing episode, partly because it's not that gross but mostly because it is just so great.

PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

DemonTrigger posted:

I went ahead and nominated the Singing episode, partly because it's not that gross but mostly because it is just so great.

PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY

Wait are we supposed to have been legit about that and not just trying to scar some poor intern?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

TetsuoTW posted:

Wait are we supposed to have been legit about that and not just trying to scar some poor intern?
Either way, Night Vale's going to win regardless.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Either way, Night Vale's going to win regardless.

From reading it, it's not a contest. They're putting together a selection tool, a way to search for new podcasts. So if you want to listen to an informative science podcast you can just go to this tool, look at what people put forward, and which episode people suggested from that series.

It's a cool idea, and especially a good one for podcasts, since they're even more decentralized than other formats.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Now I'm even happier I backed cummies, because now it's not just an intern being tortured.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I submitted the 'Roy Orbison wrapped in cling film' episode. :colbert:

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
I went with the Kickstarter episode, because who couldn't love JEREMY FERNANDEZ and GAMER'S HIP CLIP?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

PubicMice posted:

GAMER'S HIP CLIP?
What the hell kind of GAMERS HIP CLIP fan are you, sticking one of your hoity-toity apostrophes in there?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

PubicMice posted:

I went with the Kickstarter episode, because who couldn't love JEREMY FERNANDEZ and GAMER'S HIP CLIP?
Backers, apparently.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Sham bam bamina! posted:

What the hell kind of GAMERS HIP CLIP fan are you, sticking one of your hoity-toity apostrophes in there?

I actually rarely visit the sites or read the docs, I just religiously refresh the itunes feed.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

PubicMice posted:

I actually rarely visit the sites or read the docs, I just religiously refresh the itunes feed.

You really should check the docs out, there sometimes are amazing things there that are skipped for a variety of reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

PubicMice posted:

They specifically pointed it out in the episode. "Gamers Plural Hip Clip"