Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

some texas redneck posted:

I kinda like the Charger :confused: - at least with a manual and a V8. That combination rules out most of the terrible parts of Chrysler (automatics and V6s).

You're out of luck then because they've never made a manual Charger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Well goddamnit. :downsgun:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Throatwarbler posted:

Not recently, anyway.

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!

1.4 INCH DICK posted:

Sorry for needing a time out guys I'll behave myself this time

Good to have you back, man. I think I speak for most of AI that we were worried about you.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I went on a pretty spectacular week long bender while simultaneously being laid up with a god awful flu bug chugging liquor chasing down handfulls of my adderall prescription mixed with benadryl, poo poo got wierd for a while

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Adderall and Benadryl is always a good time. Particularly in large doses. Benadryl is especially fun if you take at least 150mg. :catdrugs:

And by a good time I mean if you like hell.

Add booze to make it more crazy.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

It's Fractional Dick Trauma, what do you think

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Adderall and Benadryl is always a good time. Particularly in large doses. Benadryl is especially fun if you take at least 150mg. :catdrugs:

Add booze to make it more crazy.

You're also forgetting to stir in that extra special little cocktail wiener coated in battery acid kick of a fever and head congestion reducing your reasoning powers down to a three year old's and then theres just the simple concept of your skin actually hurting before and you never really knew how much skin could actually hurt when you're just laying there too sick to move but still healthy enough to reach the six pack and the pills and the all consuming need to finish three seasons of Alaskan State Troopers on netflix in a row

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

On the upside, I now know that Alaska State Troopers is on Netflix.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

1.4 INCH DICK posted:

You're also forgetting...the all consuming need to finish three seasons of Alaskan State Troopers on netflix in a row

My God man, why?!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

It's like watching Cops. You hum the song through the entire episode, know that some gently caress is going to get popped for something stupid as poo poo, and you're yelling at the TV going "HOW THE gently caress DID YOU GET POPPED FOR THAT YOU loving IDIOT?!?". Except the song isn't as catchy, and there's usually a moose involved.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

Phone posted:

I'm at a video game bar that's literally underground in Nagoya.
Big thumbs up if you were drinking at Critical Hit.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Spectacularly lovely week. Found out I didn't get the promotion even though all my co-workers said that my direct supervisor wanted me for it. Bank loan for land is still in the ether. Dad thought he had a stomach bug. Instead he had a hernia and had emergency surgery Sunday morning. My grandfather was helping him back into his hospital bed, hsd a dizzy spell, and is having a pacemaker put in this morning.

At this rate I'm assuming spontaneous human combustion sometime in the next hour and seventeen minutes.

Anphear
Jan 20, 2008
Weird got logged out randomly. LastPass what are you doing...

The ultra vague ebay add microphone and USB charging cable I bought is a different one to whats in my phone Despite being the correct phone model (Rev 2.2 vs2.3) waiting to hear back if it'll work or not. In the mean time I cleaned all the hard packed lint out of it that I collected when I was shifting furniture for a living. My charge cable now stays in when the phone is held vertically, which is nice.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

what the fuckkkkkkkk i thought we were done with this already

it's even supposed to be 70 on thursday and i was just wearing thongs and shorts yesterday.

:saddowns:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Leaving for New York city. Let's hope I don't return with something stupid. :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Get a bagel and any sins or bad decisions will instantly be forgiven by the Hebrew God who gifted us the most amazing breakfast food/snack in the world.

I never believed everyone who said that NYC bagels were the best bagels in the universe until I went there myself :stare:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

BrokenKnucklez posted:

What, are you thinking of kidnapping one of the locals?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Bagels have long been on the agenda.

I am looking forward to fresh seafood though. My cousin hangs out at this conveyor belt sushi joint, I'm kinda excited to try it. I mean, its kinda automotive with the conveyor belts.

Edit: not a local... Maybe purchase some dumb car. The exotic/rare market is so much better there.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I am looking forward to fresh seafood though. My cousin hangs out at this conveyor belt sushi joint, I'm kinda excited to try it. I mean, its kinda automotive with the conveyor belts.

Edit: not a local... Maybe purchase some dumb car. The exotic/rare market is so much better there.

So many fun cars in the NYC and DC area. Drive one back, it will make the trip much better. I have a couple friends and a cousin in NYC that keep bugging me to visit but I really have no interest in NYC unless it's to pick up a car or just walk around and eat for a weekend.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I spent the day yesterday stripping out AV kit from a room at work because we're installing new poo poo.

Today I get told that a lot of the new stuff hasn't been ordered yet and it needs to go back in again.

:suicide:

I do have access to Belgian chocolate and salted caramel cookies and a system I can pipe tunes into so I suppose it's not alllllllllllllllllll bad.

Knobjockey
Jul 21, 2003

Crush your enemies.
Bang! and the alien is gone.
Hear the lamentation of Dr. Vahlen.
Spent an embarrassing amount of time installing a battery. It was the plastic sleeve thing that VW in their wisdom stuck between the old battery and the battery box. What's it there for? Does it prevent chafing or something? I don't think it does anything. Actually, I'm sure it doesn't do anything for the industrially accepted reason that it's in my loving bin. BSc. (cov), me.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Gonna get tickets for Furious 7 so I can see it in IMAX. I like how the Fast and Furious franchise went from a Point Break ripoff with bad car racing to some really fun summer movies with ridiculous cars. Can't wait, y'all.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

Gonna get tickets for Furious 7 so I can see it in IMAX. I like how the Fast and Furious franchise went from a Point Break ripoff with bad car racing to some really fun summer movies with ridiculous cars. Can't wait, y'all.

Yup. They have completely transformed the series. I'm really looking forward to the new one. Going to see it Saturday morning.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I'm going too since the wife has a ladyboner for pretty much the entire male cast.:shlick: Looks like I'll get some side-benefits from that :parrot:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

The F&F franchise got good when Justin Lin started directing.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

My life does not have nearly enough ludacris in it

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Throatwarbler posted:

The Challenger, however, can be had all day with a Tremec 6-speed :getin:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I was surprised enough when I found out that they made an AWD charger, I can't believe you can't get any with a manual.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Cage posted:

I was surprised enough when I found out that they made an AWD charger, I can't believe you can't get any with a manual.

The Magnum, too. I only found that out last month.

They have all the pieces there for a manual-transmission AWD Hellcat Magnum, c'mon Dodge, bring it all together!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Forgot this was coming out and I haven't been to a movie since Godzilla I think. Time to round up a bunch of friends to see this.

Asked the boss if we have Friday off. His response once I reminded him it was Good Friday was "Sounds like we shouldn't plan on being here". I'm running out of car projects and am on call so I might break down, buy a new mower and take care of the lawn.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

CornHolio posted:

The Magnum, too. I only found that out last month.

They have all the pieces there for a manual-transmission AWD Hellcat Magnum, c'mon Dodge, bring it all together!

They would sell literally two of those.

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Every time I see someone trying to talk up Chrysler I just hear "uh hmm you should definitely buy Chrysler because uhhh errrr *hand waving* boy Vanishing Point was really cool!!!"

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

You just have to take the computer route and remember that like computers, all cars are stupid trash.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

The Midniter posted:

They would sell literally two of those.

Yeah but one of them would be to me.

Moxie Omen posted:

Every time I see someone trying to talk up Chrysler I just hear "uh hmm you should definitely buy Chrysler because uhhh errrr *hand waving* boy Vanishing Point was really cool!!!"

It was though!

Really though, the problem is that here is a list of the cars that tick all of the boxes in what I am looking for:

- Dodge Challenger

Those boxes being ~35k, RWD, 6-speed, V8 or at least decent power, useable backseat.

Unless I get a used BMW 545i or 550i... did those even come with a manual?

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 31, 2015

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Just buy the Challenger and drive the poo poo out of it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Knobjockey posted:

Spent an embarrassing amount of time installing a battery. It was the plastic sleeve thing that VW in their wisdom stuck between the old battery and the battery box. What's it there for? Does it prevent chafing or something? I don't think it does anything. Actually, I'm sure it doesn't do anything for the industrially accepted reason that it's in my loving bin. BSc. (cov), me.

That's a fair question and I've wondered this myself. I think it's supposed to insulate the battery but I do know it's great for when the battery starts to leak and the acid has something else to destroy :v:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

CornHolio posted:

Unless I get a used BMW 545i or 550i... did those even come with a manual?

Yes, but the N62 is a terrible pot metal engine and you should just buy an M3.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
SO when checking wikipedia to make sure I got the engine codes right on the above post I came across this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_N63#BMW_N63_Customer_Care_Package_.28Recall.29

quote:

On December 29, 2014, BMW released "SI B00 13 14" affecting any vehicle that used the 4.4-liter V-8 (N63B44O0) within the 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X5, and X6 model lines manufactured between 2008 and 2012. Detailed instruction for the program where given in "SI B11 06 14" Dealership instructions include checking:
Hot-Film Air Mass Sensors (2)
PIEZO High Pressure Fuel Injectors (8)
Engine Vacuum Pump (1)
Fuel System Low Pressure Sensor (1)
Fresh Air Intake Turbo Seals (2)
Crankcase Ventilation Lines (Hoses)
Timing Chain Inspection Measure
Parts replaced on every affected vehicle[edit]
Part Number Description Quantity
13 62 8 645 877 Hot-film air mass sensor 2
13 71 8 646 450 Gasket (Intake air duct) 2
17 51 7 585 577 Clamp 2
11 15 8 645 237 Connecting line bank 1 1
11 15 8 645 238 Vent pipe bank 1 1
11 15 8 645 239 Connecting line bank 2 1
11 15 8 645 240 Vent pipe bank 2 1

Quantity determined after vehicle evaluation[edit]
Part Number Description Quantity
11 66 8 649 747 Vacuum pump As needed up to 1
13 53 8 648 937 Piezo injector (this part number is index 11 or greater) As needed up to 8
13 53 8 651 060 Decoupling element As needed up to 8
13 53 8 649 966 Fuel feed line with low pressure sensor As needed up to 1
The sweeping program also extended to vehicles that had gone out of warranty, without concern for mileage on the vehicle. As of February 2015, both the US and Canada are implementing this campaign.
Additionally, the service interval would be shortened to nearly half, with a 12 month/10,000 mile (16,000 km) check-up instead of the long-life treatment the BMW had been maintaining up to that point, requiring a check every 2 years and 15,000 miles (25,000 km).
in June 2013, dealerships had received a service bulletin regards to the N63 powerplant, which amended the oil capacity requirements of the engine, adding a full (1) US quart to the capacity of the motor, citing "increased oil consumption" in the twin turbo V8.
Models affected by the recall included:
F01 and F02 (7 Series Sedan)– produced from 3/2009 to 6/2012
F04 (Active Hybrid 7)– produced from 4/2010 to 6/2012
F07 (Gran Turismo)– produced from 9/2009 to 6/2012
F10 (5 Series Sedan)– produced from 3/2010 to 7/2013
F12 (6 Series Convertible)– produced from 3/2011 to 7/2012
F13 (6 Series Coupe)– produced from 7/2011 to 7/2012
E70 (X5)– produced from 3/2010 to 6/2013
E71 (X6)– produced from 7/2008 to 6/2014
E72 (ActiveHybrid X6)– produced from 9/2009 to 9/2011
The dealership bulletin was accompanied by region sales rep meetings with branch/service managers, informing them of the forthcoming campaign, and issuing instructions to contact all owners serviced at their branches operating the N63 engine. The accompanying marketing campaign, which would be a major focus for 2015 of BMW world-wide, was intended to dampen the effect of such a wide spread recall on BMW's waining brand loyalty and customer service issues. The tactics of which could be seen in the extended efforts surrounding the recall.
BMW dealerships were instructed to offer extra incentives for owners affected by this campaign, offering trade-in cash bonuses for their N63 equipped vehicles with the purchase of a new BMW (details in a separate sales bulletin - "N63 Customer Loyalty Offer"). Sales teams were also provided with discretionary authorization to provide customers with a gift of $50 value, including anything from a gas card, gift bag containing BMW Lifestyle products, or vehicle detailing.

I ma astonished that this thing is turning out to be problematic! :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Katz's Deli too.

• Locked thread