Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

RadicalR posted:

Bah, just need 15 more coins. Here's hoping Pokemon Bank still works...

Do you still need a coins?

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Nearing the end of Links Awakening. Can't wait to start MM.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

And go figure. After reading your post I stuck the thing back into the N3DS, flashed to the Home screen... And NOW it's picking the thing up. Welp, whatever! I'll take it.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

Nearing the end of Links Awakening. Can't wait to start MM.

I'm playing MM for the first time and it's really good so far. I'm really surprised how much I like Zelda games. I never finished a Zelda game up until a couple of months ago and this is going to be the third one I'll finish (WWHD, ALBW and this one) since. I had pretty much resigned myself to not liking Zelda games, so this is an awesome surprise.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well it probably isn't coincidence that the the Zeldas you've been playing are remakes (sequel in ALBW's case but drawing very heavily from the original ALttP gameplay) that just have massive quality of life improvements all around and have much more polish than a Zelda usually does on release. You should probably try Ocarina of Time 3D next.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

In a SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS that will surprise no one, April Fools day Direct has been announced.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

greatn posted:

Well it probably isn't coincidence that the the Zeldas you've been playing are remakes (sequel in ALBW's case but drawing very heavily from the original ALttP gameplay) that just have massive quality of life improvements all around and have much more polish than a Zelda usually does on release. You should probably try Ocarina of Time 3D next.

I did and didn't finish it. I got to the spirit temple and just kinda put it down and never picked it back up. It was my brother's copy, so I think I'll grab from him the next time I see him and finally finish the game. It's more out of principle at this point than true desire to finish it. What were the quality of life improvements in MM?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Better graphics and frame rate, the item system on the touchscreen (compared to having the c buttons on n64 and having to pause very often), more minimalist ui for the clock, more direction and clues for the player about where to go, better quest tracking(seriously a heart piece counter showing which ones you have should be in every game), better and easier saving, gyroscopic aiming, being able to equip more than one type of arrow at once, making sure every mask has at least one use, better dungeon maps.

Lots of little things really.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

Better graphics and frame rate, the item system on the touchscreen (compared to having the c buttons on n64 and having to pause very often), more minimalist ui for the clock, more direction and clues for the player about where to go, better quest tracking(seriously a heart piece counter showing which ones you have should be in every game), better and easier saving, gyroscopic aiming, being able to equip more than one type of arrow at once, making sure every mask has at least one use, better dungeon maps.

Lots of little things really.

You can also play the ocarina while checking your songs.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
For me the biggest improvement by a country mile is the improved song of double time, as you can go specifically to any point of time in the 3 day cycle rather than jumping 12 hours and waiting an eternity for an event to happen.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Wow, I didn't realize they made so many changes. Those are definitely things that make the game much more playable.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The latest Ace Attorney game (Dai Gyakuten Saiban, the 18th century Anglo-Japanese lawyer game featuring Sherlock Holmes) has a JP release date of July 9. They're doing an event pretty soon that should spill a bunch more info.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

:siren: Get Hyped Bitches :siren: Nintendo Direct announced for April 1st.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

glassyalabolas posted:

:siren: Get Hyped Bitches :siren: Nintendo Direct announced for April 1st.

Treehouse live after it too. Wonder what they're going to show off.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Splatoon seems pretty likely.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Iwata appears onscreen, says "Hello, everyone", bowing politely and adding "April Fools" before the stream cuts to black.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

my gosh i cannot wait for smt x fe news

I know that's a Wii U game but my excitement cannot be contained

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Terper posted:

Well it's April Fools so I think we'll be seeing it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The direct is on April 2nd Japan and German time. Only Nintendo of America could even do an April fools joke and be relevant.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Nintendo CS is wonderful. I had a weird moment lamenting that I had lost my ambassador games a couple years back when I upgraded to an XL and didn't even think about the system transfer and shot them an email with the serial number from the old system and my club nintendo account name, asking if it was at all possible to get them back. Less than a day later I got a reply that basically told me to check my eshop history, and lo and behold, there were my ambassador games and certificate. A loving plus.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Jarogue posted:

Do you still need a coins?

I do...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Iwata appears onscreen, says "Hello, everyone", bowing politely and adding "April Fools" before the stream cuts to black.

I would cry.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Terper posted:

I don't know why people still think SMT x FE is ever going to see the light of day, unless some crazy news came out for that game in the last few days while my internet was down.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Not too many games that Nintendo announces are canned without telling anyone.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

I don't know why people still think SMT x FE is ever going to see the light of day, unless some crazy news came out for that game in the last few days while my internet was down.

faith

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I believe in Nintendo

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Fremry posted:

I'm playing MM for the first time and it's really good so far. I'm really surprised how much I like Zelda games. I never finished a Zelda game up until a couple of months ago and this is going to be the third one I'll finish (WWHD, ALBW and this one) since. I had pretty much resigned myself to not liking Zelda games, so this is an awesome surprise.

I started with OoT, liked it enough that I decided to play through the series. Doing them in order after being a bit all over at first.

Done with:
LoZ
Zelda 2
LttP
(2 dungeons to go in Awakening. My fav so far. Best Zelda)
OoT
Oracle of Ages

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

I believe in Nintendo

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Cake Attack posted:

I believe in Nintendo

Please understand.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Kaubocks posted:

Considering how terrible the Layton & Phoenix Wright crossover was I'm glad it's not coming out.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nintendo decided to compete with Sony on the non-existent game front by making SMTxFE their Last Guardian. Please understand.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

flyboi posted:

Considering how terrible the Layton & Phoenix Wright crossover was I'm glad it's not coming out.

I don't see how that is at all related to SMTxFE

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I just got a copy of Fire Emblem Awakening from amazon and it has no club nintendo code. Now I'm still 25 coins from getting mario golf.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Call Nintendo and tell them. They will likely pop a +40 survey into your account. Just make sure you have the game and case in hand so you can read some #s to them. You've got 6 hours or so before it's too late.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kaubocks posted:

Well, they haven't exactly declared it cancelled, either. Last year some reporter asked about it and the producer said it was still "on schedule" (whatever that means).

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Waltzing Along posted:

Call Nintendo and tell them. They will likely pop a +40 survey into your account. Just make sure you have the game and case in hand so you can read some #s to them. You've got 6 hours or so before it's too late.

What phone number do I call friend?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
1-800-it's not hard to find nintendos number if you look at the actual game case.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

We haven't heard anything about it because they don't have enough done to show. This is why Nintendo said they weren't going to announce games until they were like 80% done and I don't know why they announced that one as soon as their pen hit the paper.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

African AIDS cum posted:

What phone number do I call friend?

1-800-GOO-GLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Here is a picture of the back of the box:

The perpendicular characters at the bottom right are the ones they want, iirc.