Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Gohma hating fire is incorrect. His weakness is actually dark element attacks, which do extra damage to his weak point gauge when it's exposed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

thank you thread for pro tips for beating Zelda Baton Lv.2, nailed it thanks to the super advice in here

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Alright! I got the Lv. 3 Baton for Zelda! After the Lv. 2 Baton mission, I was expecting the worst, but it wasn't as bad as that one.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I was able to trigger the max rupee (9,999,999) glitch for a second time.

I don't remember who said it, but someone in here said they believe you have to kill a bad guy when Ghoma dies too. So, I purposely tried to do that and I ended up getting it. So, thanks goon, your suggestion got me there.

All those rupees are so nice. They just saved me so many hours of grinding. I'm working on the Termina map and my characters (who used to be decently leveled) are no where near highly leveled enough.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Spectacle Rock posted:

I don't remember who said it, but someone in here said they believe you have to kill a bad guy when Ghoma dies too. So, I purposely tried to do that and I ended up getting it. So, thanks goon, your suggestion got me there.

Am I really that forgettable? Anyway, you're welcome. It does makes sense that starting from zero would trigger it going into negative, thus triggering the glitch. But it really seems like something about KOing a few mooks right after and the math it does in those moments is critical. When I would purposely try to avoid KOing anything after defeating Gohma, it would not work. Hours and hours of it not working. Then I decided to breath fire over some dudes after sending Gohma into oblivion and it triggered several times in one hour.

So, still standing by it. :colbert:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Darunia's level 3 weapon mission is the stuff that broken controllers are made of.

I just take too much damage if I rush it, probably going to end up cheesing it with a potion.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Not a Children posted:

Darunia's level 3 weapon mission is the stuff that broken controllers are made of.

I just take too much damage if I rush it, probably going to end up cheesing it with a potion.

Yeah definitely look that one up on youtube. It's actually not that bad once you have it broken down to a list of things do. The main issue is that you have a bunch of stuff that needs doing right away and not a lot of time to do it in. I got it done fairly easily after checking youtube for advice after loving it up horribly a few times.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

yamdankee posted:

Am I really that forgettable? Anyway, you're welcome. It does makes sense that starting from zero would trigger it going into negative, thus triggering the glitch. But it really seems like something about KOing a few mooks right after and the math it does in those moments is critical. When I would purposely try to avoid KOing anything after defeating Gohma, it would not work. Hours and hours of it not working. Then I decided to breath fire over some dudes after sending Gohma into oblivion and it triggered several times in one hour.

So, still standing by it. :colbert:

Using the spinner all the times I triggered it I did so catching other enemies in the musou attack that finished gohma, but I didn't do any attacks after that any of those times. My theory is that sometime between the Gohma's HP being depleted and the Gohma's body disappearing there needs to be an enemy that happens to drop rupees at some perfect moment in-between, but I don't really have a good sense of when that moment is.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Not a Children posted:

The damage limit on that mission is 10000, or 25 hearts. I never had a problem with taking damage, just time. If you're still having trouble, getting a tier two hammer with 4 or 5 stars, Strength 4, and Fire+ helps a lot.

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine
That mission became a lot easier once I figured out mashing triangle completely destroys weak point gauges.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Chakram posted:

mashing triangle

what

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

He meant charge attack, or strong attack, or X or Y or whatever.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Basically, Darunia's X attack (the Goron roll) destroys captain (and warrior) weak point gauges like candy. Once you get used to doing his strong attack whenever a weak point gauge comes up (and save his C4 for hordes), only giant bosses should give you trouble unless you're underlevelled.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I don't think I've ever once used his strong attack. I've been using a 5-star Igneous Hammer with fire+ and Strength IV, so that's definitely not an issue. Maybe I just need to grind a bit, he's only level 45. I'll give it another shot tonight!

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine

I'm not gonna bother keeping track of where A, B, X, and Y are between Nintendo and Xbox consoles. I'll just call it triangle because that's where my thumb is going.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Chakram posted:

I'm not gonna bother keeping track of where A, B, X, and Y are between Nintendo and Xbox consoles. I'll just call it triangle because that's where my thumb is going.

Triangle is on neither of the controllers you listed, ha ha (edit: no wait I get it, nvm)

I do the same thing though, most often saying to hit L1 to lock-on or L2 to block

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Ganons fury is kinda lame. Things hit pretty hard and you can't even see them :mad: Plus it starts him at level 1 and i can't power level him at the dojo or use potions. I did hear a rumor though that if his level surpasses your characters you can level the characters up to his at the dojo.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ver. 1.6.1 patch is coming. Any idea if it changes/fixes anything? It's small, so hopefully it's not a Rupee Glitch fix. :ohdear:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Takoluka posted:

Ver. 1.6.1 patch is coming. Any idea if it changes/fixes anything? It's small, so hopefully it's not a Rupee Glitch fix. :ohdear:

Be at ease: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYQHAAABAACXVHhkdugVPg

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Are anyone's amiibos stuck on one type of weapon? I swear for the past two weeks straight if I use Link, Zelda, or Sheik I'll only get an Epona of Time, Royal Dominion Rod, or Typhoon Harp respectively. Aren't they supposed to be fairly random among their weapon types dropped?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Kammat posted:

Are anyone's amiibos stuck on one type of weapon? I swear for the past two weeks straight if I use Link, Zelda, or Sheik I'll only get an Epona of Time, Royal Dominion Rod, or Typhoon Harp respectively. Aren't they supposed to be fairly random among their weapon types dropped?

I've found that I only get weapon drops for things I have the Level 3 version unlocked for. Since Epona and Dominion Rod were DLC additions that came with all 3 levels pre-unlocked, you might end up with more of those if you don't have anything else at level 3.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

jivjov posted:

I've found that I only get weapon drops for things I have the Level 3 version unlocked for. Since Epona and Dominion Rod were DLC additions that came with all 3 levels pre-unlocked, you might end up with more of those if you don't have anything else at level 3.

That would explain it. I have the DLC but I'm still messing around in adventure mode.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Got the rupee glitch 5 times in 2 hours! :woop:

then not again for the next several :(

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Got a 5-Star 8-Slots Lv. 3 weapon for Zant. I'm currently thinking of skills to put on it.

Hasty Attacks and Strong Attack+ are probably mandatory on that weapon, and I'm probably gonna keep the Darkness+ skill, but I have no idea of what else I should have.

EDIT: I also have the No Healing skill on it since I've recently come to love guarding (helped net me Ganondorf's keys on the Twilight map yesterday).

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 31, 2015

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Folt The Bolt posted:

Got a 5-Star 8-Slots Lv. 3 weapon for Zant. I'm currently thinking of skills to put on it.

Hasty Attacks and Strong Attack+ are probably mandatory on that weapon, and I'm probably gonna keep the Darkness+ skill, but I have no idea of what else I should have.

EDIT: I also have the No Healing skill on it since I've recently come to love guarding (helped net me Ganondorf's keys on the Twilight map yesterday).

Strength III is one of his staples, so maybe that? I find it pretty reliable. Maybe Finishing Smash or whatever makes your Weak Point Smashes better (spitballing here).

What level are characters expected to be to finish Adventure mode? Many of the stages up on Death Mountain steamroll me - I can fight enemies fine, but I'm losing keeps and dudes and everything goes sideways and my poo poo gets overrun so I can't finish the main objectives. It's like it expects me to be in two places at once. The only way I've been able to unlock weapons/missions is by playing with my bro so we can do exactly that. Am I underleveled? Link, Zelda, Ganondorf and Lana are mid-high 50's. Shiek is low 50's. Ruto is 60. Everyone else is forties.

I have all the rank 3 weapons except Great Fairy, Parasol, and Gate. Oh and the villain ones (got Cia's rank 2 and Volga's rank 3). Should I be grinding for good weapons with more stars? I remember from reading the thread that the first weapon you pick up in a stage will be the one you're wielding (of any rank), so I've been taking the default weapons you get on unlock (with no stars and six slots) and sticking things like Stars+ and Slots+ and poo poo on them.

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 31, 2015

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I think for my Zant I did something like No Healing, Legendary (not necessary but I had it already), Hasty Attacks, Special Attack+ (could be other stuff just fine), Darkness+, Strong Attack, Strength 2, and Strength 6.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Is Hasty Attacks what I think it is?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Is Hasty Attacks what I think it is?

It speeds up your characters' attacks to not quite Focus Spirit speed but pretty close. It has another fun side effect for characters with various gauges. For Ruto and Ganondorf, some of their combo enders fill the gauge up more than they otherwise would (I guess because the gauge is also affected), and for Zant, since his attacks are sped up, he ends up getting more bullets and probably more spinning out of a full crazy gauge, too.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Spiffo posted:

Strength III is one of his staples, so maybe that? I find it pretty reliable. Maybe Finishing Smash or whatever makes your Weak Point Smashes better (spitballing here).

Hm, yes. That is a good suggestion. I currently have Hasty Attacks, No Healing, Strong Attack+, and Darkness, and the totem pole will be neat for enemy captains.

I don't think I'll take Finishing Blow+ since Zant's WPS against enemy captains, well... blows... and it kind of messes up my combos and strings. Does Finishing Blow+ make Zant's WPS decent?

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I think for my Zant I did something like No Healing, Legendary (not necessary but I had it already), Hasty Attacks, Special Attack+ (could be other stuff just fine), Darkness+, Strong Attack, Strength 2, and Strength 6.

Hm... I don't think I'll use Legendary or Special Attack +, so maybe an ideal weapon for me would be something like this:

Hasty Attacks
Regular Attacks+
No Healing
Darkness+
Strong Attack+
Strength II
Strength III
Strength VI

Or this:

Hasty Attacks
Regular Attacks+
No Healing
Vs. Dragon (for all those Dinolfos and Aeralfos captains + I get to hit better against 2 bosses and Volga)
Darkness+
Strong Attack+
Strength III
Strength VI

Though if Finishing Blow+ makes his WPS decent, I may just take that over Regular Attacks+.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Folt The Bolt posted:

Hm, yes. That is a good suggestion. I currently have Hasty Attacks, No Healing, Strong Attack+, and Darkness, and the totem pole will be neat for enemy captains.

I don't think I'll take Finishing Blow+ since Zant's WPS against enemy captains, well... blows... and it kind of messes up my combos and strings. Does Finishing Blow+ make Zant's WPS decent?

If I understand that document someone posted earlier (where the writer did a bunch of research to find damage formula info, can someone repost it?), I believe it just adds a flat damage increase. I suggest maybe trying it on other weapons, one with the boosted WPS and one without, and decide if the difference is worth a slot before you fuse it.

Vs. Dragon is a good pick though.

edit: this document, click on the image links in their observations

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 31, 2015

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Spiffo posted:

If I understand that document someone posted earlier (where the writer did a bunch of research to find damage formula info, can someone repost it?), I believe it just adds a flat damage increase. I suggest maybe trying it on other weapons, one with the boosted WPS and one without, and decide if the difference is worth a slot before you fuse it.

Vs. Dragon is a good pick though.

edit: this document, click on the image links in their observations

Alright. I'll do that then.

Also, I just got a 5-star 8-slot Lv. 3 weapon for Ganondorf (it's an 8-bit Magical Key if you're wondering, so Keyblade Master Ganondorf will soon be a thing). I've already decided upon having Hasty Attacks (who wouldn't for him), Special Attack+ (because Ganondorf has no problems filling the Special Attack gauge and his Special attack is all kinds of awesome), No Healing (once I get it for him), Vs. Dragon (once I get it), Strong Attack+, Strength II, and Strength V. But I need help deciding what the last skill should be, out of either Strength III or Strength VI (I'm not a fan of his C4).

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
How are you supposed to get the second skulltula in The Sorceress of the Woods? It seems to appear when I kill Ghoma, but that's also when the mission ends.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

How are you supposed to get the second skulltula in The Sorceress of the Woods? It seems to appear when I kill Ghoma, but that's also when the mission ends.

IIRC, it appears when you knock Gohma down to like half health.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Jibo posted:

IIRC, it appears when you knock Gohma down to like half health.

It looks like you're right! Thanks, Jibo.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Alright, I need to decide skills for both Ganondorf and Wizzro right now.

I have (or will get) these skills for Ganondorf:

Strong Attack+
Strength II
Strength V
Vs. Dragon
No Healing
Hasty Attacks
Special Attack+

And I need to decide on either Strength III or Strength VI for his last slot.

I have (or will get) these skills for Wizzro:

Strength IV
Strength V
Vs. Dragon
No Healing
Regular Attack+

And need to decide on a combination of Strong Attack+, Strength III, Darkness+, or Hasty Attacks for his last three slots.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
The roadblocks that seemingly can only be overcome with grinding are the worst part of this game. It happens so frequently

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Actually no, I was right before. The ranking system is the biggest mistake of this game.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Ugh. The random weapon drops and that we can't use more than one Apothecary item is pretty bullshit. I've been trying to get No Healing for Wizzro, and have literally gotten every other 3000 KOs skill besides that one. :suicide:

EDIT: After 4-5 hours of tedious rigging, I've finally gotten No Healing for Wizzro. :toot: Getting it for Ganondorf went a lot smoother.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 6, 2015

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
By the way, my NNID is Pigeonbane. I'll be adding everyone listed in the second post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Was there a new patch just now?

• Locked thread