Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Non Sequitur

I totally don't get that flag. Is it supposed to be the Morse Code symbol for "N"?

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban's Cats

9 Chickweed Lane 3/31/2004

What? It doesn't look like she's even wearing mascara in the 3rd panel.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

IT'S MURDERIN' TIME!

E: I'll start posting some of these links if people are interested. They're coming from Dana's FB feed. But wow, dare a newspaper even consider replacing a zombie like the "Wizard of Id"?! We live in amazing times. :v:

http://www.news-record.com/blogs/gotriad_extra/new-comic---phoebe-and-her-unicorn--/article_fa8d0efe-d3fb-11e4-8091-8357d61bda6c.html

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Mar 31, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

IT'S MURDERIN' TIME!

Don't the predators know where to find some easy prey at all times since the prey is in school? This setting is so dumb.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Mehuyael posted:

Don't the predators know where to find some easy prey at all times since the prey is in school? This setting is so dumb.

Maybe he can run to a lab where they'll change him into a predator with some shark dna or some poo poo.

Holbrook is loving stupid.

Bad News Pamphlet

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I think Holbrook believes that social media is the same thing as a GPS tracker tag.

(I mean it does track you, but it's voluntary)

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

So, why don't you just date Skip? I mean, nobody's holding a gun to your head regarding dating blonde jock-boy, there.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The fat man-child with stalker tendencies is so dreamy.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Jesus Christ, this thing is just a pile of nerd wish fulfillment.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
I know I hit "like" whenever I see grossly overweight guys in their underwear on Okcupid. I also go around telling other guys they should be more like that.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 31, 2015

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I'm trying to figure out how they know the eggs are being replaced with rocks too. There's a picture of a pig but honestly that's all that's there. He's a pig, so maybe he is just eating the ones you drop because pigs are fat and have characteristic. But I guess our protagonists know what is going on at all times.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Their friend told them. And then put the pictures online with tagged location so that murderous carnivores can easily locate the child in question and eat him.

They are the good guys

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

So, why don't you just date Skip? I mean, nobody's holding a gun to your head regarding dating blonde jock-boy, there.
You just know that's going to be the next "storyline". Whatsherface there is going to fall for Skip, Skip's going to be oblivious, and Gwen gets jealous and realizes she has feelings for Skip.

The Dinette Set knows why this new-fangled technology is bad.

Working Daze today is brought to you by the letter GAMS.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

She assumes he's dating Gwen, because they spend a lot of time together and apparently he's such a catch? Although even in this wretched comic I have no idea where anyone would get the latter idea.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
It's because the women in the office are only able to date their coworkers and the only four guys to choose from are Skip, Barry, the programmer guy and intern boy. So obviously all the girls want Skip :barf:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Midnight Moth posted:

It's because the women in the office are only able to date their coworkers and the only four guys to choose from are Skip, Barry, the programmer guy and intern boy. So obviously all the girls want Skip :barf:

Or dating someone they don't work with but who am I kidding that's not a thing that can happen in a comic strip.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Comic strip girls seriously need to create a profile on dating websites and see just how much better they can do.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Midnight Moth posted:

Comic strip girls seriously need to create a profile on dating websites and see just how much better they can do.
I just had this terrible mental image of some of the cartoonists here setting up fake dating site profiles for their characters.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Evil Mastermind posted:

Definitely not an excuse for the artist to draw a calf.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I just had this terrible mental image of some of the cartoonists here setting up fake dating site profiles for their characters.
Holbrook has a bunch of Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter pages for his characters and actively maintains them.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Midnight Moth posted:

Holbrook has a bunch of Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter pages for his characters and actively maintains them.

Of course he loving does.

Funnily enough, I was actually going to specifically call out Holbrook in my previous post, but then I decided to take the slightly higher ground. Silly me.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

My posting is Fundamentally Broken Comix.

Pooch Café

The ultimate irony of this strip is that Poncho is standoffish, self-centered and lazy. He is a cat in everything but biology.

Ballard Street

Martin has never bought anything at this store. Nobody knows why he keeps coming back.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, proper magic?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

goatface posted:

He's been staring at a cube for four hundred years, he should definitely be able to fly by now.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

So how does Easter work for chickens in the Holbrook universe? Do they voluntarily give up their eggs? Do they sell them? Are there annual Good Friday raids on the chicken ghettos?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

goatface posted:

No, Theron just hypnotized the people to believe that he saved the family. For the rest of their lives they will believe the mom and the kid still live in the neighbourhood.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Nenonen posted:

No, Theron just hypnotized the people to believe that he saved the family. For the rest of their lives they will believe the mom and the kid still live in the neighbourhood.
He also hypnotized them to think that they saw right up his skirt when he started flying. They'll remember that for the rest of their lives, too, because magic is 25% about hypnotism, and 75% about loving with people.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Esplanade posted:

So how does Easter work for chickens in the Holbrook universe? Do they voluntarily give up their eggs? Do they sell them? Are there annual Good Friday raids on the chicken ghettos?

Don't think about it to hard. All of Holbrooks universes completely fall apart when you think for more than a minute about how they are supposed to work or have any kind of knowledge in their topics.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Nenonen posted:

Later on the kid grows up, gets married. An illusionary marriage that leads to the illusionary conception of three illusionary kids. Then THOSE kids grow up...
A hundred and forty years later, one-fifth of the population of New York is entirely fictional. Nobody notices.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Pentaro posted:

Jesus Christ, this thing is just a pile of nerd wish fulfillment.

It's a pile of something, all right...

Speaking of wish fulfillment, I wish my eyes weren't crap so that I could read the last panel of today's Skippy. (January 31, 1928)

Peanuts (April 2, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (November 29-30, 1926)

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Shai-Hulud posted:

Don't think about it to hard. All of Holbrooks universes completely fall apart when you think for more than a minute about how they are supposed to work or have any kind of knowledge in their topics.

Yeah, but thinking how things would actually work is the only fun to be had in the Holbrook universe. It's not like anyone's reading it for the jokes.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Of course he loving does.

Funnily enough, I was actually going to specifically call out Holbrook in my previous post, but then I decided to take the slightly higher ground. Silly me.

Eh, I see it as the same as having social media pages for the comic so fans can follow updates but attaching a character to them. A bunch of other cartoonists do it too. Like, there's one for Dustin Kudlick.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Jesus, at least the Wash Funk strips only come off as ridiculous today. :stare:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EasyEW posted:

Speaking of wish fulfillment, I wish my eyes weren't crap so that I could read the last panel of today's Skippy. (January 31, 1928)

Occasional guesses for some words of it, but broadly:

pre:
ORIOLE HOSPITAL FUND FOR
A.C. POOR CHILDREN

Dear Skippy, Here's a letter come
in from Ray Keenan with a check
for $5. Read what he sez.
Can you understand it? Sooky.

"Giddap! Giddap!
Clang! Clang! Clang!
Tch! Tch! Tch!
Whoa! Whoa! goll ding it!
Message from the strip by Gowle?(??)
For P. Crosby, a fast, hard hitting lad from Richmond Hill -- 
from R. Keenan match maker of the Oriole A.C of Harlem
(him self a champ in his day)
Strip away! Look a Ray!
Hy dee diddle dee ay!
Quiet please! Quiet please!
Whoa! Whoa! I say!
Whoa! Goll ding me Ray!

Message says: "Dear Percy,
Here's five fast ones to the memory of
John L. who rang the bell and J(??) Mace
and the day (a blistering hot fourth of 
July it was too!) they fought 13 hours 
32 minutes, sixteen and 2/3 seconds
to last (fast?) draw on a barge in the 
Mississipi some where in New Orleans"

Charge your glasses to me, gents!

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Shouldn't he have been walking the other way for this to have worked? It looks like she's supposed to have been hiding around the corner and stuck her foot out, but the way he fell means he should've seen her there the whole time.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Just be glad you don't have to apply for jobs like Dustin and have pages full of "thank you for your application" e-mails.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Steve Kelley is so hialrious. much funy posted:

(thanks to R Ubbish and his funny "Hip'n Relevant" edit that made me even remember this darn thing)

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Oh Là Là?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

I thought I'd heard the name Sparkleface somewhere before.

Teen Titans Go!

• Locked thread