Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

has Fire Emblem ever had a direct sequel to a game or is it like the old Final Fantasies where all the characters and settings are one-offs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

epitasis posted:

has Fire Emblem ever had a direct sequel to a game or is it like the old Final Fantasies where all the characters and settings are one-offs

There are some games in the same world.

Fire Emblem 2 is a side story to 1, 3 is both a remake and a sequel to 1, 11 is a remake of 1 and 12 is a remake of 3's second part (so a remake of a remake) and 13, Awakening, is in the very distant future of Fire Emblem 1.

Fire Emblem 5 is an interquel for 4.

Fire Emblem 7 is a prequel for 6.

Fire Emblem 10 is the sequel for 9.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

FE Radiant Dawn is the only direct sequel of those, I think. It literally takes place in the same world as Path of Radiance, but like a year or two later.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Isn't 3 a direct sequel too?

Beanzor
Feb 4, 2005

We dropped turkeys out of planes just to fill up the sky.

And we know damn well that they can't fly.

ChaosArgate posted:

There are some games in the same world.

Fire Emblem 2 is a side story to 1, 3 is both a remake and a sequel to 1, 11 is a remake of 1 and 12 is a remake of 3's second part (so a remake of a remake) and 13, Awakening, is in the very distant future of Fire Emblem 1.

Fire Emblem 5 is an interquel for 4.

Fire Emblem 7 is a prequel for 6.

Fire Emblem 10 is the sequel for 9.

I need a graphical representation of this.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

They pretty much come in pairs of two

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Oh neat their hold music is the song from ocarina of time this is a reward in itself

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Which song? This is important

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Help Im Alive posted:

Which song? This is important

Hyrule Field.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

It worked and took about 5 mins thanks

SeANMcBAY posted:

Hyrule Field.

yes

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

Oh neat their hold music is the song from ocarina of time this is a reward in itself

Yeah, I always thought that was incredibly smart thing to do. So many customer service lines have "soothing" music that is basically just the blandest music that exists so that it's not upsetting to anyone on the line. Nintendo created memories over decades that are linked in your mind with fun and good times and they use that as their hold music.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

In the 13 Fire Emblem games, only the 8th, Sacred Stones, is the one not connected to any other. 9 and 10 are the only really connected ones. 14 looks to be completely disconnected from everything before it as well. You can play any game in the series first and not feel lost at all except 10. Which you still can, it just goes very "Ok who are these guys and why does the game fellate them so much" halfway through.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

They pretty much come in pairs of two

how come we aren't getting a Lucina and Cynthia conquer the world game then!!!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Waltzing Along posted:

Here is a picture of the back of the box:

The perpendicular characters at the bottom right are the ones they want, iirc.

Called them and redeemed the code from the image, even though I don't have the game. Thanks! :shepface:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Called them and redeemed the code from the image, even though I don't have the game. Thanks! :shepface:

Lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Nice job.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Fuzz posted:

Hell yeah!

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Liar they didn't even ask me for any codes or verification

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Nintendo released a video of a talking head of someone from the SteamWorld Heist team, who talks about the game and the enhanced hat physics.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Voted 5

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Rexroom posted:

Nintendo released a video of a talking head of someone from the SteamWorld Heist team, who talks about the game and the enhanced hat physics.

in the first 30 seconds i am greeted with the phrase "turn-based, skill-based, real time strategy game"

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
May I have some goon friend codes? Here's mine.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
1160-9721-2157

Here's mine. Wait what d'you need it for?

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Himuro posted:

May I have some goon friend codes? Here's mine.

Wait I thought you were quitting the Nintendo world... :colbert:

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
:confused: How do I...

Am I supposed to chop it in half?!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

There's a sleep switch on it somewhere

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Red Robin Hood posted:

Wait I thought you were quitting the Nintendo world... :colbert:

Didn't say that at all! I haven't bought any new hardware!

TheComicFiend posted:

1160-9721-2157

Here's mine. Wait what d'you need it for?

Nothing in particular. Just want more people to play games with.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Himuro posted:

Didn't say that at all! I haven't bought any new hardware!

Nothing in particular. Just want more people to play games with.

So what do you play? I picked up Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate 2 weeks ago and... this is my life now.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
I don't need another system. Somebody talk me out of buying this beautiful thing: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat200006

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Red Robin Hood posted:

I don't need another system. Somebody talk me out of buying this beautiful thing: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat200006
Its a 2DS.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

But then I don't have to pull out my 3ds carts when I want to play Pokemon HG :ohdear:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Red Robin Hood posted:

Clear plastic is ugly

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Saagonsa posted:

Clear plastic is ugly
I found my clear Game Boy and it still looks loving sick, sorry.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that looks like poo poo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Red Robin Hood posted:

But then I don't have to pull out my 3ds carts when I want to play Pokemon HG :ohdear:

I have a work around for you, it'll just take some glue and a few empty game cases

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

and also very ugly

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

I have a work around for you, it'll just take some glue and a few empty game cases

a metaphorical deal with the devil

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Red Robin Hood posted:

I have the red one and it is sweet as heck don't listen to the haters

#just90skids

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Where's Turtilicious to offer his one post in this thread referencing how he did that

flyboi posted:

I have the red one and it is sweet as heck don't listen to the haters

#just90skids

it's actually very ugly and nintendo never released a clear red and blue console if anything they took the 100% cool purple one and split it in half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
So my wife very recently updated to a New 3DS as her old one started having issues with the top screen and it was out of warrantee.

She's not to into the available colors but I was thinking the Decalgirl skins would be a pretty good option on top of a black 3DS. Can anyone comment on the decal girl skins in terms of quality and resilience?