Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I miss my Noctis. gently caress the haters, that thing was awesome. 7ish salvagers, a stupid long tractor range, and quite a bit of cargo space.

5 Tractors, 3 salvagers and salvage drones. Those things are the ultimate space hoovers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I miss my Noctis. gently caress the haters, that thing was awesome. 7ish salvagers, a stupid long tractor range, and quite a bit of cargo space.

How the hell did you manage with only one tractor before MTUs? I always had to do at least 3-4 tractors to keep up with the salvagers

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

:frogsiren: Paging Tippis :frogsiren:

Is this you? If so, drop Boneytooth a line on Jabber sometime. You can find me in Thetasquad, SpaceViolence, Swoleswarm or Miniluv.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Zephyrine posted:

I'll talk to him.

Gave it a shot. Apparently he has several real life friends in his current group and so he's staying for their sake but he said he would get back to me if things got worse.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Zephyrine posted:

Gave it a shot. Apparently he has several real life friends in his current group and so he's staying for their sake but he said he would get back to me if things got worse.

Karmafleet. Just saying.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Zephyrine posted:

It's too bad there isn't a place in GSF where both he and his friends could play together with basically zero entry requirements.

e: Beaten.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

JohnSherman posted:

It's too bad there isn't a place in GSF where both he and his friends could play together with basically zero entry requirements.

e: Beaten.

It's hard for me to speculate on someone else's situation. The friends he has, how he feels about them and how they feel about Goonswarm or the CFC. I'm sure they aren't completely ignorant of Karmafleet.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

:frogsiren: Paging Tippis :frogsiren:

Is this you? If so, drop Boneytooth a line on Jabber sometime. You can find me in Thetasquad, SpaceViolence, Swoleswarm or Miniluv.

It is, but not actually being in GW, Jabber is unfortunately not an option :v:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Tippis posted:

It is, but not actually being in GW, Jabber is unfortunately not an option :v:

I'll sponsor you into Karmafleet.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

I'm sure they aren't completely ignorant of Karmafleet.

Honestly 95% of Eve wanders through space with blinders on.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
I mean, Karmafleet exists but Vyst still gets hilarious PMs and SA gets to read at least one new intro post every couple of weeks. Some people just don't both looking into things.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Paging MorsAnima, please convo cas SD ingame mach loving schnell for a wonderful opportunity I have available for a limited time only!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Viva Miriya posted:

Paging MorsAnima, please convo cas SD ingame mach loving schnell for a wonderful opportunity I have available for a limited time only!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

gwrtheyrn posted:

How the hell did you manage with only one tractor before MTUs? I always had to do at least 3-4 tractors to keep up with the salvagers

Pre-MTU I had 4/4 salvagers/tractor beams

Post-MTU I would show up with 7-8 salvagers, or 1 extra tractor and be able to loot/salvage/and pick up the MTU from like 5 different sites without pause.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Viva Miriya posted:

Handled, you snooze you lose!

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Viva Miriya posted:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Pre-MTU I had 4/4 salvagers/tractor beams

Post-MTU I would show up with 7-8 salvagers, or 1 extra tractor and be able to loot/salvage/and pick up the MTU from like 5 different sites without pause.

Been appreciating this chat as I have recently upgraded my ratting to ishtar and mtu and was wondering what to do with all of those cans of loot that I had just been leaving on the field otherwise.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

Been appreciating this chat as I have recently upgraded my ratting to ishtar and mtu and was wondering what to do with all of those cans of loot that I had just been leaving on the field otherwise.

Get in a carrier and rat in JU- area as soon as you can. Fit a Cyno and you're good to go

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

NyxBiker posted:

Get in a carrier and rat in JU- area as soon as you can. Fit a Cyno and you're good to go

Seems legit.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Also EVE-Bet is a better option for gambling in terms of variety of bets able to be placed.
Being able to bet isk on sports is pretty loving cool.

SliceOfPie
Jul 28, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

Seems legit.

Its actually fine as long as you take precautions.

Bagu
Mar 20, 2006

Noctis salvaging was sadly the most engaging pve Eve had to offer. Managing eight separate modules while keeping an eye on local, constantly locking targets.
It eventually got mind-numbing, but it took way longer than ratting does.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Bagu posted:

Noctis salvaging was sadly the most engaging pve Eve had to offer. Managing eight separate modules while keeping an eye on local, constantly locking targets.
It eventually got mind-numbing, but it took way longer than ratting does.

So it was like mining but with a minigame.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
I tried salvaging once. It was the most boring poo poo I've ever done, and I handed my noctis off to someone else the first chance I got. It is the shittiest of all the poo poo tier moneymaking methods in this game.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Cimber posted:

So it was like mining but with a minigame.
No, it's mining sped up 300x. Which makes it tolerable but ultimately mining is still mining even at hyperspeed.

The money's quite a bit better though.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The new forum font is shiiiiiit. :cripes:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
goonfleet.com: a fanfic forum

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I had to go full version mode on my mobile to see it and then :stare:

Clearly this is retribution for complaining about the new TMC layout. Or we're being subjected to a coup. Or its April 1st. Whatever.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

CainFortea posted:

The new forum font is shiiiiiit. :cripes:

Still better than TMDC :chanpop:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

darth cookie posted:

I had to go full version mode on my mobile to see it and then :stare:

Clearly this is retribution for complaining about the new TMC layout. Or we're being subjected to a coup. Or its April 1st. Whatever.

Innonimate is a jerk is what it is

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The March Nullsec Recap - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_NsunSJbUU

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Innonimate is a jerk is what it is

If I remember correctly, he also does the design work for TMC :eng101:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

If I remember correctly, he also does the design work for TMC :eng101:

You're a retard.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You're a retard.

Pretty sure Mittani said it was him that did the TMC design work.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

Pretty sure Mittani said it was him that did the TMC design work.

When did he say this and where, because the design is some swedish rear end in a top hat who posted a defense of it on his own blog.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

When did he say this and where, because the design is some swedish rear end in a top hat who posted a defense of it on his own blog.

Mittani mentioned him as the designer a few times on TMC jabber, though maybe it was just the original site design that was done by him and not the current "wtf is this poo poo" version of the site. Link to said blog post?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Loving the Goonfleet forums right now.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

You got a version of that in english?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Glumslinger posted:

You got a version of that in english?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9GDFLkw81k

YouTube screwed up the upload date and has it as March 31st rather than April 1st.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 1, 2015

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Loving the Goonfleet forums right now.

I was building a big list of poo poo to buy from a post in the goonfleet forums and oh god this messed with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Unfunny Poster posted:

Mittani mentioned him as the designer a few times on TMC jabber, though maybe it was just the original site design that was done by him and not the current "wtf is this poo poo" version of the site. Link to said blog post?

So "a long rear end time ago i was told innominate designed the website" means "innominate is at fault for the lovely redesign today" in your mind

• Locked thread