Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Help Im Alive posted:

I think they'll probably show a little more of the Fire Emblem they announced in the last direct, maybe we'll get an actual name for it

It's name is "The All New Next Game in the Fire Emblem Series with an All New Innovative Feature for New Nintendo 3DSXL 2015"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

each direct is like a tiny christmas

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Bolverkur posted:

each direct is like a tiny christmas

more like a medium-sized christmas

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I'd be suprised if they showed off Star Fox with this being so close to E3. I figure this direct will primarily talk Splatoon, Wooly World and Xenoblade with hopefully a few eshop announcements. As much as I'd love to hear about some other cool stuff I just can't imagine they will blow big E3 reveals prior to the show, especially with them not having Zelda to fall back on this year.

Yeah, they won't show off stuff for the later half of the year in the most part, but i'd like to think they could tease a bit of Star Fox if it's supposed to be playable during E3

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ultigonio posted:

Why would I want Xenoblade

Why wouldn't you want Xenoblade?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

epitasis posted:

I'd pop big time for Pokemon Z.

Nah, GF usually does their own thing for Pokemon reveals.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well he's both xenophobic and kanalineophobic, you see.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Very excited to hook up my Wii U and play some Mario Kart 8!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I wonder if Xenoblade Chronicles X will let our Cross’s romance other party members via the affinity system. Ya know, just so I can have all my Male and Fem Cross’s end up with Elma every single time.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

They are gonna announce the release date for the Wave 4 amiibos tomorrow and possibly preview the next wave, I can almost guarantee it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

They are gonna announce the release date for the Wave 4 amiibos tomorrow and possibly preview the next wave, I can almost guarantee it.

Look at all these things you can't have!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wave 4 amiibos will not be released in the US because we are barbarians who don't understand they are meant to be played with, not kept in boxes and sold for 4x the price on ebay.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

GIVE ME MARIO KART DLC.

Seriously, I care more about that than a new zelda or star fox.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pretty sure we already know that is due out in May.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah but it would be nice to get a glimpse of the new tracks + find out which retro ones they're bringing back. (I want Toad's Factory)

It would also be a good time to announce Mario Kart x Metroid DLC in November and Mario Kart x Fire Emblem in May 2016

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I want Rainbow Road 7. Still.

I'd take Neo Bowser City from 7 as a consolation prize, though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah but it would be nice to get a glimpse of the new tracks + find out which retro ones they're bringing back. (I want Toad's Factory)

It would also be a good time to announce Mario Kart x Metroid DLC in November and Mario Kart x Fire Emblem in May 2016

It would be amazing if they kept pumping out DLC. I doubt it will happen, though. This next one is likely the last one.

I wouldn't mind Maple Treehouse, though. That one is awesome as it is but could very well translate to MK8.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Waltzing Along posted:

It would be amazing if they kept pumping out DLC. I doubt it will happen, though. This next one is likely the last one.

I wouldn't mind Maple Treehouse, though. That one is awesome as it is but could very well translate to MK8.

I'm not sure I'd want the same track three games in a row.

I'd prefer more SNES or GBA stages over stages from Wii or 7, honestly.

And Wario Stadium from 64, that should come back.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

amiibo support for mario kart lets you race as any amiibo character

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Nintendo will announce that they are partnering with kickstarter phenom Chris Roberts to create a collaboration game: Starfox Citizen.

Buy an Arwing for only $150 if you preorder!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Aperture Priority posted:

Nintendo will announce that they are partnering with kickstarter phenom Chris Roberts to create a collaboration game: Starfox Citizen.

Buy an Arwing for only $150 if you preorder!

Does that come with g-diffuser insurance?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Announce more Wii U games on Wii nintendo. Start with Sin & Punishment 2 and go from there. Get some third parties in the mix, let's see Last Story, Little King's Story, Zack & Wiki, Boom Blox, Tumiki Fighters, etc.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Marioborne.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

Announce more Wii U games on Wii nintendo. Start with Sin & Punishment 2 and go from there. Get some third parties in the mix, let's see Last Story, Little King's Story, Zack & Wiki, Boom Blox, Tumiki Fighters, etc.

Sin and Punishment 2 is already on the Wii though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

epitasis posted:

amiibo support for mario kart lets you race as any amiibo character

This would sell so many more amiibos.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

All Frogs posted:

Sin and Punishment 2 is already on the Wii though.
Not in the US eShop.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Waltzing Along posted:

You are forgetting Block Fort.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Marioborne.

Gotta go to my mushroomstain to recollect my coins

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Not in the US eShop.

Fair point.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I hope for news on the smash bros updates.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

gently caress i just realized i'll be at work during the direct

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

sharrrk posted:

gently caress i just realized i'll be at work during the direct

quit your job

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Bread Set Jettison posted:

this time angrier

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

majormonotone posted:

quit your job

i just started, but hell, i'll do it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

sharrrk posted:

i just started, but hell, i'll do it

think of it this way: mario has had many jobs and he's the most famous video game character of all time

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I watched the last nintendo direct on my phone while driving to work and I'll watch tomorrow's on my phone while driving home. A true gamer knows you can see a road or highway at any time but nintendo directs are each unique experiences

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Not in the US eShop.

You could buy the game for like $5 a year after it released.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Before we go into direct hype mode can I just give a quick shout-out to the Huffington Post and their amazing headlines? Especially since you don't even have to go digging in the tech section to see the story it's right there on the front page in the top bar.

But that's not even the best part THIS IS:

quote:

A representative for Nintendo did not immediately respond to a request for comment. This doesn't appear to be an authorized use of the company's famous mascot, though, so you might try giving it a whirl before any cease and desist letters go out.

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

Why would you go out of your way to contact them about it before they had even done anything?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Before we go into direct hype mode can I just give a quick shout-out to the Huffington Post and their amazing headlines? Especially since you don't even have to go digging in the tech section to see the story it's right there on the front page in the top bar.

But that's not even the best part THIS IS:

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

Why would you go out of your way to contact them about it before they had even done anything?

Uhhhh... because they are journalists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Come on Nintendo

quote:

UPDATE: "Super Mario 64 HD" has been removed from Ross' website following a copyright complaint from Nintendo of America. In a statement to The Huffington Post, a spokesperson for Nintendo said, "Nintendo respects the intellectual property rights of others, and in turn expects others to respect ours. Nintendo is passionate about protecting its creative works developed to entertain its fans and takes the necessary steps to remove unauthorized content distributed via the Internet."

Nintendo, I love your games, but poo poo like this is insane.

They are so utterly backwards about these things. Like, with the youtube thing, I think it's lovely what they're doing but it's like fine, people make money off the ad revenue, so okay. But this is beyond ridiculous

• Locked thread