Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i use just the basics or all or w/e is cheapest at cvs or target

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it doesnt make a diff cause your shirts will get worn out/out of style and replaced within a year or so anyways

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shaggar posted:

oh you live in the middle of nowhere so that's probably why

and you don't?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
no I live where all the people are.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

thats portland, or not portland, me

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Portland maine is the only Portland that matters. the fake one over on the west coast is crap

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shaggar posted:

Portland maine is the only Portland that matters. the fake one over on the west coast is crap

can you get a dinosaur shaped grilled cheese from a food cart in maine? I bet not

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

do you actually live in portland? is that even truly maine? i bet there aren't even moose roaming the streets

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

can you get a dinosaur shaped grilled cheese from a food cart in maine? I bet not

those look like chickens.

hobbesmaster posted:

do you actually live in portland? is that even truly maine? i bet there aren't even moose roaming the streets

yeah, there are no moose. their are deer tho. the moose are up in the county

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i have family all throughout maine but i think waterville is the largest city any live in (those going to larger cities left the state)

no moose no maine

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Police in Denver say an Uber driver wanted for attempted burglary after he drove a fare to the airport last week and then tried to break into her home has been arrested.

Gerald Montgomery, 51, was taken into custody in the Denver area on Tuesday, police said.

bye whore

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

i have family all throughout maine but i think waterville is the largest city any live in (those going to larger cities left the state)

no moose no maine

anything north of Freeport is basically no mans land

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol if you live north of the mason-dixon or south of northern virginia

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

Police in Denver say an Uber driver wanted for attempted burglary after he drove a fare to the airport last week and then tried to break into her home has been arrested.

Gerald Montgomery, 51, was taken into custody in the Denver area on Tuesday, police said.

bye whore

I wonder if uber refunded the victim's ride

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jonny 290 posted:

They opened a walmart express at colfax and havana six months ago, and the shelves are empty already. its super depressing given that you can still smell the concrete and fresh paint and get reminded that it's a BRAND NEW STORE.

what the hecl is a "Walmart express"

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

the tide button is only annoying because it is limited to certain branded products

Lamont Cranston posted:

p sure starbucks ran afoul of election law last time around bc they offered free coffee if you voted, it's illegal to compensate someone for voting even if you're not telling them who to vote for

nah a bunch of places invite you to come in with an I voted sticker and get free poo poo. it is legal because the sticker tells you nothing about how you voted. you could have even cast an empty ballot.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

qirex posted:

I wonder if uber refunded the victim's ride

she got the ride. why should they?

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Shifty Pony posted:

the tide button is only annoying because it is limited to certain branded products

nah a bunch of places invite you to come in with an I voted sticker and get free poo poo. it is legal because the sticker tells you nothing about how you voted. you could have even cast an empty ballot.

they do it but it's still illegal and most places big enough for anyone to notice will open the promo up to anybody

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2012/11/votingrelated-giveaways-clash-with-federal-law-148481.html

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Shaggar posted:

confirm.

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:
objection, moody's diner is an hour north of freeport and its quite nice

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shaggar posted:

what they need is to have your local grocery store handle the stock and delivery.

or hrm maybe you could have shopr app where u pick a bunch of things and someone shops for them and delivers them 2 u.

google express already does this here

notably they'll sell you anything that a local target has

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i

Nintendo Kid posted:

i don't know fishmech, why don't you tell us?

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001
Tide is cheaper on Craigslist because drugs.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Nintendo Kid posted:

Their end-run around anti-big-box legislation

Imagine a walmart, but with half the selection, 1/4th the produce, 16 self-checkouts and two manned lanes.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nagato posted:

objection, moody's diner is an hour north of freeport and its quite nice

that aint north of Freeport, its down east.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Shaggar posted:

everyone knows Qeynos was the hang out spot.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

16 self-checkouts

ungghhhh h yeesssssssss

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jonny 290 posted:

Their end-run around anti-big-box legislation

Imagine a walmart, but with half the selection, 1/4th the produce, 16 self-checkouts and two manned lanes.

so its like the original national walmarts were, but with self checkouts?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Shaggar posted:

what they need is to have your local grocery store handle the stock and delivery.

or hrm maybe you could have shopr app where u pick a bunch of things and someone shops for them and delivers them 2 u.

they're totally doing this. this year. and i'm not just talking expansion of fresh either.

i'm sure they're jizzing over the idea of getting that button integrated into your IoT enabled washer so that each time you press it amazon gets a sale and whorlpool gets a cut from unilever.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
my mom is excited about the Amazon button because she likes to order basic necessities on Amazon and would enjoy the novelty. I could see it being useful if you could combine it with your subscribe and save and then just have the button send your next installment. like I get shampoo mailed to me every month, but it usually lasts me ~25 days if I'm not careful. you can get it sent a little early but just pressing the button would be nice.

it won't ever be a big thing but it's a cool gimmick that makes you feel like it's the future.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
smh if you don't have an alexa in every room and you just tell her to order your poo poo to suit your needs

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

smh if you don't have an alexa in every room and you just tell her to order your poo poo to suit your needs
i too give all my live-in prostitutes/houseservants the same name and, with surgery, the same appearance

...thats what we were talking about, right?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Jonny 290 posted:

Or you could stop freaking the gently caress out and go to the store after you've made a list of the things you need

i will often be in my laundry nook thing and say "hmm i'm getting low on detergent" then absolutely forget that by the time i've actually finished and gone somewhere to write it down

being able to press a button when i notice that is p cool

i mean, i'm not going to pay extra for it or anything, but it's not a bad initial idea and i hope they build on it

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
or maybe they could put rfid sensors in every box/bottle of consumer products made and then they would communicate with a central amazon wifi thing that constantly polls all products in the house at any given moment.

hmm chips are getting eaten in this household from 9-930pm and the mic can hear that seinfeld re-runs are on, best show the seinfeld dvd box set in their amazon feed next time they go online, and offer a lays subscribe and save or a seinfeld/lays soft bundle.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

the convenience store is right next to my laundromat so I just pick up more detergent there when I run out, seems pretty easy

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Shaggar posted:

those look like chickens.

chickens are dinos

it checks out

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
american geography

fritz
Jul 26, 2003