Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Firebert posted:

this lvl 1 5v5 lol

We need more honourable 5v5's in the toplane instead of all this cowardly sneaking around in the jungle to place wards in the start.

edit: :frogout: G2

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
20 minute FF, if they get there.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Giants gonna get murdered

edit: Haha Fiora has a hydra, BF sword and QSS to the 2/3rds of a Triforce for Irelia.

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 31, 2015

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I don't know why the casters are acting so surprised about LLL's performance this series, they were 2nd with a record of 6-4. They were the only team to take a game off Origen.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

That LB triple looked pretty funny.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Looking forward to YOLO v. SWAG tomorrow

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL4PrikbWR0

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

lol

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
NURF is one of those throwaway gags that's amusing for about six minutes until you realize it's actually not even a little bit fun to play or watch

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
"What am I doing here?" - Scarra

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Seems like it's Regi, oddone, Hotshot and a few others on one team, with Scarra, Alex, Saint and a few others I don't recognize on the other...

Apparently this is the NEW URF mode...

quote:

+100% mana and energy cost on all abilities
+200% cooldown inflation on abilities, items and summoner spells
+225 movement speed reduction
+200% delay between basic attacks
Critical strikes deal 50% of base AD
Units critically strike on 150% of attacks

So it's a MUCH slower game designed to murder people with only one shot.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I think i saw Chauster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XndUg019MXY

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Calax posted:

Seems like it's Regi, oddone, Hotshot and a few others on one team, with Scarra, Alex, Saint and a few others I don't recognize on the other...

Apparently this is the NEW URF mode...

It's just a much slower game that is going to be absolutely horrible if they actually do release it like that. I imagine once they get in game it's gonna be like "just kidding here's urf!!!"

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Calax posted:

Regi, Oddone, HotshotGG, ClakeyD, Alex Ich
vs
Xpecial, Saintvicious, Snoopeh, Chauster, Scarra

quote:

What makes you think people will die in one shot? Spells cost way more and have far longer cds, autos only do 50% base ad.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

I miss Chauster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEU_S6Oev7g

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Finally, my snoopeh x scarra dreams come true...

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

Regi, Oddone, HotshotGG, ClakeyD, Alex Ich
vs
Xpecial, Saintvicious, Snoopeh, Chauster, Scarra
What makes you think people will die in one shot? Spells cost way more and have far longer cds, autos only do 50% base ad.

Big crits, and abilities always crit.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

CW are apparently trying to pick up LowLandLions, despite already having a team in the LCS. I suspect that maybe they're trying to replace Youngbuck with Morsu?

Calax posted:

Big crits, and abilities always crit.

"Attacks" means auto attacks, not spells. The crits aren't big, they only do 50% of base ad, instead of 200% of total ad.

Killed By Death fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 31, 2015

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
ClakeyD!

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I liked ClakeyD, even if it was basically his fault we got Velocity that one split.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
NURF wasn't strategic enough for the Oceanic league so they're going with Chess deciders. Handball in case of stalemate

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

:siren: :siren:

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Cue the speculation. I have no loving clue where he'd end up in Europe, so here's a breakdown of NA.

Who everyone will be talking about, but won't happen.
1) C9 - Obviously would be a mechanical upgrade, but given they've been doubling down on Hai with recent articles and the fact that Hai's the in-game caller I think it's probably unlikely.
2) CLG - Link is solidly above replacement level, but not dominant. Obviously putting a known volatile personality into a group that now seems to be at least partially characterized by good chemistry is a bit of a gamble, but given where they are it seems wise.

What makes sense, but is too broke to do:
1) Team 8 - would give them a second source of pressure to soak up ganks and let CaliTrolz get rolling to do his thing. Would be a huge upgrade in the position (below average -> theoretically above average). Problem is, I don't think they've got the money to actually buy him.

What probably happens:
1) Team Liquid - they have the resources to buy, FeniX has been decent but not world-beating (I can't find the drat stats site that actually tracks gold per game/etc), and they would be trading one foreign exemption for another.

Teams I wrote off:
TiP - XWX is the heart and soul of the team
TSM - When you've got the best, why settle for less?
Gravity - While Incarnati0n would be an upgrade over Keane, they seem to be another chemistry-driven organization.
Winterfox - Pobelter still needs an actual team around him to develop and to fix his consistency issues. At the exemption cap.
Coast - #dumpsterfire
Dignitas - At the exemption cap.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
CLG seems to be most likely. People have talked about him going back to SK but they'd be insane to replace Fox.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
If Roccat wanted to Fix Their poo poo they could try him out to replace Nukeduck while also testing a replacement for Woolite. Then you'd just have to throw Overpow out and you'd have the seeds of a potentially great team.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Is he that good? I never heard of him outside of being that permabanned guy that maybe/maybe not was a shithead and maybe/maybe not DDOS'd people.
I thought he was someone like Chaox or TheRainMain, someone who was big when League started to become a big thing.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The real reason Incarnati0n can't play on WFX is he and Pobelter both have Apdo Dog accounts and it would confuse them too much. "Which one am I, which one am I?"

Hai's upcoming "surgery" is just going to be replacing him with Incarnati0n with a big earring and telling fans that he's still Hai.

Wuxi posted:

Is he that good? I never heard of him outside of being that permabanned guy that maybe/maybe not was a shithead and maybe/maybe not DDOS'd people.
I thought he was someone like Chaox or TheRainMain, someone who was big when League started to become a big thing.

He is one of the countless european experimental children who were created to play League of Legends, unfortunately there was a mistake in the procedure and they are all extremely hostile to noobs.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Wuxi posted:

He's a solo queue guy with a mythical reputation - the European Apdo figure. A lot of Euro mids have claimed he has the best mechanics of any EU mid player, better than Alex, Peke, Froggen and Bjergsen.

Because he's never played competitive, it's hard to know if it's hype.

He may do what was rumoured before and make his own team with Rekkles.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Please note the date.

Also, from the review reguarding DarwinJax

quote:

Abusagr continues to display unacceptably negative behavior without any significant progress toward reform. His most active account has been reported in 47% of his games in the last 90 days and 50% in the last 60. He's received a total of 1830 reports in 590 games. 70% of which were for offensive language, verbal abuse or negative attitude. An audit of chat logs from games he has been reported in reveals consistently offensive, hostile, and homophobic rhetoric. His behavior is statistically not as problematic as it has been in the past, but is still far from acceptable and moreover, any statistical improvements he has made are incidental, not the result of a commitment to reform.

The number of reports recieved :dogbutton:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Calax posted:

Please note the date.

I think they're aware, bud

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Calax posted:

Also, from the review reguarding DarwinJax

The number of reports recieved :dogbutton:

One of the other mentioned players in the review was Shizoli, who some people might remember;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eWqV1B40vU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

henkman posted:

I think they're aware, bud

It's 6pm on 3/31 where I am.

Also FSN vs TDK is on, FSN is pretty dominant.

Calax fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 1, 2015

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Anyone watching this? I just tuned in I forgot about it I thought it had started much earlier.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Libertine posted:

Anyone watching this? I just tuned in I forgot about it I thought it had started much earlier.

I'm watching too. FSN actually looks pretty decent. I think they might be able to throw out Dig or WFX if they don't take top spot in the tourney. We'll see how Game 2 goes.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I hope that Fusion wins this whole thing, love for Nien to get another shot. I also don't understand how Sej isnt 100% ban.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Firebert posted:

I hope that Fusion wins this whole thing, love for Nien to get another shot. I also don't understand how Sej isnt 100% ban.

From what I've seen recently there's a lot of teams still playing 5.3 in 5.6.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Now that was a super useless Rek'sai. At least bother to gank some lanes or something to make the pick worthwhile

TDK are a team built around 2 things: Poke comps (With Kyle leading them) and Seraph carry. I'm not sure if either work really well in the new patch.

Calax posted:

Please note the date.

:thejoke:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

wodin posted:

Cue the speculation. I have no loving clue where he'd end up in Europe, so here's a breakdown of NA.

Who everyone will be talking about, but won't happen.
1) C9 - Obviously would be a mechanical upgrade, but given they've been doubling down on Hai with recent articles and the fact that Hai's the in-game caller I think it's probably unlikely.
2) CLG - Link is solidly above replacement level, but not dominant. Obviously putting a known volatile personality into a group that now seems to be at least partially characterized by good chemistry is a bit of a gamble, but given where they are it seems wise.

What makes sense, but is too broke to do:
1) Team 8 - would give them a second source of pressure to soak up ganks and let CaliTrolz get rolling to do his thing. Would be a huge upgrade in the position (below average -> theoretically above average). Problem is, I don't think they've got the money to actually buy him.

What probably happens:
1) Team Liquid - they have the resources to buy, FeniX has been decent but not world-beating (I can't find the drat stats site that actually tracks gold per game/etc), and they would be trading one foreign exemption for another.

Teams I wrote off:
TiP - XWX is the heart and soul of the team
TSM - When you've got the best, why settle for less?
Gravity - While Incarnati0n would be an upgrade over Keane, they seem to be another chemistry-driven organization.
Winterfox - Pobelter still needs an actual team around him to develop and to fix his consistency issues. At the exemption cap.
Coast - #dumpsterfire
Dignitas - At the exemption cap.

I wouldn't count out C9 - he's good friends with the team and their coach, Charlie.

I think he can go anywhere and probably be dominant. I think he'd be a great pick up for a number of teams.

Libertine posted:

Go Fusion! I'd love to see Nien and Nintendude get back into LCS just because they are likeable guys.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

Go Fusion! I'd love to see Nien and Nintendude get back into LCS just because they are likeable guys.

Fusion also has good responsible management that treats their players well, which is another reason to like them in the shady mess that is NA challenger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Why is Rek'Sai being first picked on this patch.

• Locked thread