Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't care about sending them a message because it's not likely to be received by anyone who matters. But I cancel immediately after I buy the month anyway, just because I hate recurring auto-payments of any kind. If I want to re-up after that expires, I'll do it manually. Subscription companies bank on people forgetting to cancel, and it's probably a good portion of their subscriber base. MMORPGs do it all the time and have a ton of inactive or casual players forking over $15/month for something they hardly use.

MassRafTer posted:

You aren't considered a new subscriber, they report three numbers, current subscribers, quarterly average and how many unique subscribers there have been over the Network's lifespan.

Every free month they've had so far has been "only for new subscribers" even though former subscribers can still sign up, so I wonder how accurate their numbers really are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sticklefifer posted:

I don't care about sending them a message because it's not likely to be received by anyone who matters. But I cancel immediately after I buy the month anyway, just because I hate recurring auto-payments of any kind. If I want to re-up after that expires, I'll do it manually. Subscription companies bank on people forgetting to cancel, and it's probably a good portion of their subscriber base. MMORPGs do it all the time and have a ton of inactive or casual players forking over $15/month for something they hardly use.

Every free month they've had so far has been "only for new subscribers" even though former subscribers can still sign up, so I wonder how accurate their numbers really are.

That I don't know but I'd guess they aren't counted as new in the totals just because the total subscribers number isn't that much higher than the current number.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

b..b..but the portraits are surrounded by BARBED WIRE

The main thing that is a little annoying to me is seeing the same interview clips coming up again and again in multiple episodes.

I laughed every time they recycled the interview with Eric Bischoff from like 2004

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

triplexpac posted:

I laughed every time they recycled the interview with Eric Bischoff from like 2004

His post 2000 interviews in the Monday Night Wars always look like he was shot down over enemy lines and being forced to talk under duress.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So I have a few friends who will be getting the network soon, and one of them has asked me for a list of must-see things on the network. Is there a list like that anywhere?

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Senerio posted:

So I have a few friends who will be getting the network soon, and one of them has asked me for a list of must-see things on the network. Is there a list like that anywhere?

WrestleMania XXXI.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Does WWE own the Memphis tapes?

I wish they would make a mini series type thing out of famous feuds from the past. Starting with when they were friends, to the breakup, to the feud. It would be amazing for feuds than ran anywhere from months to years

Von Erichs vs Freebirds
4 Horsemen vs Dusty
Lawler Kauffman
Bobby Heenan vs Hulk Hogan

I know they get touched on in the biopics about the wrestlers, but I'd watch the hell out of an 10 episode miniseries about the Von Erichs vs the Freebirds. I think they have the tapes to do all of these except I don't know about Memphis.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Senerio posted:

I'd love a list like that as well.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

- Wrestlemania 17, 19, 24, 30, 31
- Any WrestleMania Rewind with HBK
- All of Rivalries
- The Shield, Bryan and Warrior original specials.
- The countdown eps are really fun so any of those really, but especially the blunders one.
- Rise and Fall of ECW
- My Name is Paul Heyman
- CM Punk Best In The World

That's all I can think of off the top of my head but a lot of other people here are more qualified to chime in on individual events.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Ribsauce posted:

Does WWE own the Memphis tapes?

Best of my knowledge Cornette has the best known collection of tapes of Memphis, and Lawler has been working on brokering a deal that will satisfy everyone claiming to own the rights to them, but nothing more than that has ever been announced. And that was a while ago, so it could be dead in the water.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

sportsgenius86 posted:

- Wrestlemania 17, 19, 24, 30, 31
- All of Rivalries
- The Shield, Bryan and Warrior original specials.
- The countdown eps are really fun so any of those really, but especially the blunders one.
- Rise and Fall of ECW
- My Name is Paul Heyman
- CM Punk Best In The World

That's all I can think of off the top of my head but a lot of other people here are more qualified to chime in on individual events.

The Mick Foley documentary is fantastic if you haven't read his books!

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Senerio posted:

http://networkplaylists.com/playlists.php playlists 100 Greatest Matches, Meltzer 4* Plus PPV, and the 4.5+ Matches playlists should be a good start.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
For some reason I have all of a sudden started getting the message "WWE BLACKOUT VIDEO NOT AVAILABLE DUE TO BLACKOUT RESTRICTIONS" when using the network on my Iphone anyone else had this problem?

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Gaz2k21 posted:

For some reason I have all of a sudden started getting the message "WWE BLACKOUT VIDEO NOT AVAILABLE DUE TO BLACKOUT RESTRICTIONS" when using the network on my Iphone anyone else had this problem?

Are you outside the US? What show was supposed to be on? Sounds like maybe one of the C-shows that's on TV in the UK.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Senerio posted:

Wrestlemania 4, 9, 2000, 27
WCW New blood rising
WCW Uncensored 1996
ECW December to Dismember

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Horsemen vs dusty was basically "is it spring? Better gently caress with Dusty!" For like 4 years straight. I want a 16 hour 4 piece series of it. Also extras.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Goddammit, add Velocity already. :argh:

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

sportsgenius86 posted:

The Big Show Mayweather one is great too. I just can't get over how insane it is Floyd did it. When Big Show throws him out of the ring you basically see a billion dollars flying through the air.

Sub Rosa posted:

Best of my knowledge Cornette has the best known collection of tapes of Memphis, and Lawler has been working on brokering a deal that will satisfy everyone claiming to own the rights to them, but nothing more than that has ever been announced. And that was a while ago, so it could be dead in the water.
I hope something happens. That territory is up there with WCCW and Mid South when it comes to the old timers talking about how hot they were, yet I've never really seen anything from it.

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Apr 1, 2015

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Tough Enough season 2 was added this morning

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

WeaselWeaz posted:

Are you outside the US? What show was supposed to be on? Sounds like maybe one of the C-shows that's on TV in the UK.

Yup I'm in the UK turns out though it had some problem with my workplace's wifi as I tried using the phone network and it worked fine.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Okay so I got the free month of the Network. Is there anything good I missed between Fastlane and Mania?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

Okay so I got the free month of the Network. Is there anything good I missed between Fastlane and Mania?
The last NXT episode had Owens v Balor. Superb match.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

St Evan Echoes posted:

The last NXT episode had Owens v Balor. Superb match.

The NXT from Columbus, OH with Riley vs. Owens is also real good.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sub Rosa posted:

http://networkplaylists.com/playlists.php playlists 100 Greatest Matches, Meltzer 4* Plus PPV, and the 4.5+ Matches playlists should be a good start.

drat, thanks for this!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Also, if your friends want to catch up on NXT, I believe the first episode they have on there is a "Best Of..." kind of primer from pre-Network NXT and then each special has a preview episode that builds the matches on the special. So if your friends watch that Best of, the preview shows and the specials, they should pretty much be completely up to speed on NXT.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

Goddammit, add Velocity already. :argh:

This guy. This is my kinda guy.

I just want to relive the London/Akio series and the Reflection of Perfection Mark Jindrak.

They could also add Confidential so that I could just pretend it was a Saturday from my youth again.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Astro7x posted:

Tough Enough season 2 was added this morning

They really ought to add the Raw after that season finished. :v:

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Having Velocity on would be great for so many "Holy poo poo there's ########!!" moments like Bryan vs Cena and MNM vs Ambrose/jobber

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Having Velocity on would be great for so many "Holy poo poo there's ########!!" moments like Bryan vs Cena and MNM vs Ambrose/jobber

That, and Paul London, Tajiri, and Ultimo Dragon are most of the reasons I want it, even though the Cruiserweight matches were always only like 3-5 minutes. I remember Shannon Moore also being pretty solid in that era.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Delsaber posted:

They really ought to add the Raw after that season finished. :v:

What happened on that Raw? I remember the Andy Levine Raw but not the one after that season.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Has anyone here seen Great American Bash 2007: John Cena vs. Bobby Lashley? I'm surprised that got 4 stars from Dave.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That was the first post-Benoit PPV, right? I should go back and watch some of those because I don't think I watched a single PPV from 2007 after Benoit.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The 1994 Royal Rumble is a really fun and suspenseful match (despite a somewhat limited talent pool) with a giant wet fart of an ending. Why was WWF in this period so devoted to confusing finishes? I can't tell you how many times the Fink has had to announce conflicting results or THIS MATCH MUST CONTINUE and I know that's not stopping anytime soon.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I got the free month of WWE network,but it says that they charged my card alread even though the email said it wouldn't charge until may. Is it just an initial thing that goes away in a day or is there a problem.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

The_Rob posted:

I got the free month of WWE network,but it says that they charged my card alread even though the email said it wouldn't charge until may. Is it just an initial thing that goes away in a day or is there a problem.

Probably a pre-authorization card to make sure your credit card number is actually a functional account. The charge will go away if you cancel.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

flashy_mcflash posted:

What happened on that Raw? I remember the Andy Levine Raw but not the one after that season.

They had the brilliant idea of immediately putting Jackie Gayda in a tag match on Raw rather than sending her off to OVW. It was almost catastrophically bad.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's a drat shame what happened to Matt Cappotelli after the 3rd season. I'm really glad John Hennigan has had a pretty awesome career since then though.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

flashy_mcflash posted:

That was the first post-Benoit PPV, right? I should go back and watch some of those because I don't think I watched a single PPV from 2007 after Benoit.

Same. I think I stopped watching wrestling, for the most part, until Nexus.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
For recommendations, the WWE website has a Styles-curated list of ECW Must-See PPVs especially if you weren't familiar with the brand. I'd recommend Barley Legal 97 and One Night Stand 2005 from the list for sure.
http://www.wwe.com/classics/ecw/5-best-ecw-ppvs-wwe-network/page-2

Just try not to focus on the current health of most of those involved :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Geoff Peterson posted:

For recommendations, the WWE website has a Styles-curated list of ECW Must-See PPVs especially if you weren't familiar with the brand. I'd recommend Barley Legal 97 and One Night Stand 2005 from the list for sure.
http://www.wwe.com/classics/ecw/5-best-ecw-ppvs-wwe-network/page-2

Just try not to focus on the current health of most of those involved :)

We all know what the real ECW classics were:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXy7AvQgS6A