Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Anidav posted:

News Ltd is blaming The Greens NSW victories in weed :drugnerd:

If you actually read the article, they are laughing at the fact that the Greens may lose Lismore because the weed smoking hippies there had a high rate of non-registered voters. These people would have been more likely to have voted Greens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

If only voting were compulsory.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

quote:

targeted cannabis crops in New England, Richmond, Coffs Clarence and Tweed Byron Local Area Commands.

Police destroyed 12,000 plants, with over 4,800 plants found in New England alone, a substantial increase on recent years

New England - Barnaby Joyce (Nat) & State - Adam Marshall (Nat)
Coffs Clarence - Hartsuyker L (Nat) & State - Antony Fraser (Nat)

:doh: Now I finally get it. That's why they speak so slowly and have a glazed over expression.

Richmond is ALP too.

In the dying hope that somebody is still interested in Australian Politics itt.

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/harper-review-calls-for-overhaul-of-australias/6363666

quote:

Harper Review calls for an overhaul of Australia's competition laws

Wednesday 1 April 2015 7:37AM

The long-awaited final report of the Harper Competition Review was handed to the Federal Government yesterday, urging a new wave of national economic reform.

The report is the first comprehensive assessment of Australia's competition policies, laws and institutions in more than two decades.

Its 56 recommendations call for an overhaul of laws covering everything from who can own a pharmacy and where, to who can drive a taxi and what hours shops can open.

But the proposal that's got big business worried is the call for a new 'effects test' to be introduced into competition law, that would make it easier for small businesses to bring a complaint about misuse of power in the market.

Now this is on top of a PC report that is backing significant change to IR laws and the Intergenerational report that is so full of outright lies that it manages to go beyond being mere partisan shilling. I know it is easy to get despondent but a whole host of hideous poo poo is about to attempt to slide under your radar and into legislation. Productivity.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Imagine if there are people out there who smoke weed and vote National.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

People who live in Griffith?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Pictured: Greens branch meeting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAkBYSbMYA8

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that's why we are the best

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Freudian Slip posted:

If you actually read the article, they are laughing at the fact that the Greens may lose Lismore because the weed smoking hippies there had a high rate of non-registered voters. These people would have been more likely to have voted Greens.

It was a very well sourced article.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I smoke green and I vote weed

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

REFFOS

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Anidav posted:

I know several. I thought you lived in QLD?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The LNP is technically different :v:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ScreamingLlama posted:

They compounded the fuckup by using the wrong logo. That's RebootD's design: the official logo is still the old dark green and gold one.

I love that this is the stale corpse of a political party which you are desperately clinging on to. A name that people associate with a massive policy backflip; a logo that no one recognises and is confused with one from a warring splinter faction.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Sink or swim as far as I'm concerned mate.

*powerade bottle bong rip*

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Joyce smoked weed once, years later he is still high from that very same hit. Soon he will the the Federal Leader of The Nationals.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

For the farmers ayyyy *glass skull bong rip* Nats Nats Nats Nats!

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
I take back some of the bad things I've said about Victoria. Unless this guy turns out to be from another state at which point Victoria still sucks

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

katlington posted:

Sink or swim as far as I'm concerned mate.

*powerade bottle bong rip*

Old skool bongers use Spring Valley bottles

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

ScreamingLlama posted:

I hereby register my strenuous objection to this part of the OP on the grounds that you are going too loving far. We (yes, we, there's still plenty of Dems) are still a party as far as the AEC is concerned, and until remain so until such time as the party is actually deregistered. Also stop being a bunch of shitlords carrying on about something that happened twenty years ago that half of today's party membership had no loving control over (due to, you know, being children at the time).

Gods preserve me.

You know what else happened when you were children: literally anything the australian democrats ever did.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Tokamak posted:

I love that this is the stale corpse of a political party which you are desperately clinging on to.
Maybe ScreamingLlama is taking heart from the no land tax party, who got 2.3% of the vote with a corpse.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-31/no-tax-party-bega-candidate-may-not-be-alive/6361410

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0lQrjrZ2fI

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyCd8MCzWNU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Zero Youtube Subscriptions.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Gough Suppressant posted:

You know what else happened when you were children: literally anything the australian democrats ever did.

:boom:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Hey everyone lay off ScreamingLlama its really lovely. Being under 500 members classifies him as an endangered species.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I like Llama being here, it's kinda neat.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Anidav posted:

But you're from Queensland so your opinion is bound to be poo poo.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

Zero Youtube Subscriptions.

So about the same amount as actual party members that they have.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

You're just happy there's finally someone more politically naive than you for us to make fun of.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Only because he takes the heat off your poo poo posting

or what MUYB said

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Who cares? The Democrats may be pointless but at least they're harmless. It's not like he's a member of the ALP.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yeah, an ALP member would be much worse hahah. ha.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

quote:

Advertisement

NSW state election 2015: Key union leader Tim Ayres blasts the 'crisis of policy' in Labor campaign
April 1, 2015 - 10:11AM
On the attack: Tim Ayres.
On the attack: Tim Ayres.Photo: Jonathan Carroll
Share Adjust font size Read Later
EmailFacebookGoogle PlusTwitterWhatsapp
By SEAN NICHOLLS
A senior Labor Party official has blasted Labor's state election campaign as too responsive and declared the party is suffering from a "crisis of policy" following the loss of key inner city seats of Newtown and Balmain to the Greens.

Tim Ayres, the NSW secretary of the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union, told a Fabian Society event on Tuesday night that the campaign had left Labor portrayed as "a party of protest" when it needed to be also "a party of reform and progress".

While he said it was the correct policy to oppose the Coalition's proposal to partially privatise the NSW electricity network, Labor also needed "a forward looking economic, environmental and social policy agenda".

"We were the party opposed to privatisation of electricity," Mr Ayres said.

"We were the party whose environmental credentials were built on announcements about National Parks, opposing coal seam gas mines where we had granted the licenses, and creating koala parks to win seats on the North Coast."

But he noted that "right now, our suburbs are being trashed by development that destroys amenity and doesn't have infrastructure to cope".

"We fought an entire election on electricity but we had nothing to say about renewable energy," Mr Ayres said.

'We argued for a different WestConnex [motorway] but had very little to say about public transport."

Two Labor stars – former education minister Verity Firth and former transport spokeswoman Penny Sharpe – were beaten by Greens candidates in the inner-Sydney seats of Balmain and Newtown on Saturday.

Mr Ayres – who leads the largest left-wing union affiliated with the ALP and is on the party's national executive and state administrative committee – described the seats as "a demographic time bomb" that "exploded on Saturday night".

"New, young, affluent, and well-educated people have moved in," Mr Ayres said.

"The seat is now made up of large number of voters who have known nothing other than voting Greens in their short adult life. It's a crisis that needs response."

Mr Ayres said Luke Foley was never going to overcome the policy deficit in the three months he has been Labor leader.

But Labor needed to respond by developing a policy platform and political strategy "capable of appealing to those that aspire for a better and fairer state and those that want to be inspired to become active in a campaign to change things, not just to wear the T-shirt that says they are for change".

He called for a "radical recasting of the role of state governments in delivering economic prosperity and equity" focused on delivering the jobs of the future.

Policies were needed to promote investment in quality private sector jobs and address investment in skills and capability.

"These are all areas that NSW Labor should concern itself with, that could be the heart of a new economic agenda," he said.

We can safely say this will be roundly ignored.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Why is everyone relentlessly making fun of a party that has far better policies than most parties?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Zenithe posted:

Why is everyone relentlessly making fun of a party that has far better policies than most parties?
I don't remember anyone making fun of the Greens :confused:

Lid posted:

We can safely say this will be roundly ignored.
ALP NSW: "The solution to our issues is more right wing members!"

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/nsw-state...331-1mc0pj.html

I remember someone here telling a HTV worker that they were getting scammed?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Zenithe posted:

Because bitter and spiteful runs in the veins of those who can't see themselves as oppressors but the oppressed. The perfect don't like their enemies but they hate the merely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Zenithe posted:

Why would i vote for greens-lite if I can just vote green?

Lid posted:

Because bitter and spiteful runs in the veins of those who can't see themselves as oppressors but the oppressed. The perfect don't like their enemies but they hate the merely good.

Wow did you forget to change accounts? lmfao

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 1, 2015

• Locked thread