Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Finally caught up. A part of me is wondering if this is gonna lead to Coulson's SHIELD expanding into being based off the helicarrier after all this realSHIELD bullshit is wrapped up.

twistedmentat posted:

Man, Bobbi is totally going to change sides next episode. Fitz will totally turn Mack to.

Mack will be all "Fury kept secrets! Coulson is just honkey Fury!"
and Fitz come back with "Yea but at least he was out there doing stuff!? Where was real SHIELD when Hydra tried to get the Diviner? Where were they when *other stuff* happend?" and Mack will relent, because its Fitz.

Honestly, with the dissatisfaction Fitz is showing towards how they're handling Skye and how Simmons is going evil, I could see him flipping to realSHIELD.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vendetta
Jun 30, 2002

I'm in pieces.
I would expect the opposite, actually. From what we've seen of RealSHIELD, along with the transparency business (while they sit on an aircraft carrier doing nothing for nobody) they also seem to be far more paranoid about enhanced humans and alien influences than Coulson is. I would expect Simmons to jump ship far more readily than Fitz would on that count, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they showed both of them being tempted at least briefly by the "transparency" angle.

I know it's been officially denied, but honestly this new "branch" of SHIELD seems like it would transition awfully well into SWORD if the show-runners wanted it to.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

OB_Juan posted:

To be fair, how many times has Sarah died and come back at this point?

Once.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Twice actually. With a third coming since she's cast as the lead of a new spinoff.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

greatn posted:

Twice actually. With a third coming since she's cast as the lead of a new spinoff.

'Died' on the Queen's Gambit, 'Died' on the Tanker, 'Died' swallowing poison when Nyssa first came to Starling to bring her back, 'Died' when she was shot full of arrows. I really liked Sara, but I'm really sick of watching people be sad about her. It makes up like 40% of the show by volume.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The more I think about it, the more I think it's a shame that they already cast someone as Luke Cage.

Mack could totally pull it off, and they already have the beginnings of an origin story for him. Sure, it's different than the comics origin, but still. Mack was down in the Temple, and it affected him. Made him super strong and tough. All they have to do is have him get hit with the Mists, and he gets Luke's powers. It's more than he can take, so he leaves S.H.I.E.L.D., assumes the name Luke Cage to make it harder for S.H.I.E.L.D. to find him, and heads to New York, where he meets Jessica Jones and Danny Rand (Iron Fist). His friendship with Rand reminds him of his friendship with Fitz, so he learns to control his powers...

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Kheldarn posted:

The more I think about it, the more I think it's a shame that they already cast someone as Luke Cage.

Mack could totally pull it off, and they already have the beginnings of an origin story for him. Sure, it's different than the comics origin, but still. Mack was down in the Temple, and it affected him. Made him super strong and tough. All they have to do is have him get hit with the Mists, and he gets Luke's powers. It's more than he can take, so he leaves S.H.I.E.L.D., assumes the name Luke Cage to make it harder for S.H.I.E.L.D. to find him, and heads to New York, where he meets Jessica Jones and Danny Rand (Iron Fist). His friendship with Rand reminds him of his friendship with Fitz, so he learns to control his powers...

Also, the guy they have cast as Luke Cage is an awful actor.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
As far as I'm concerned they should just say "gently caress it" and go full Heimdall and let him be whoever. Marvel's got plenty of perfectly good white heroes he could be. He could be Wonder Man, that dudes goes back and forth between happy fun-times and total dick.

Or, Guantlet would be a good match too, no blackwashing needed.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ambivalent posted:

'Died' on the Queen's Gambit, 'Died' on the Tanker, 'Died' swallowing poison when Nyssa first came to Starling to bring her back, 'Died' when she was shot full of arrows. I really liked Sara, but I'm really sick of watching people be sad about her. It makes up like 40% of the show by volume.

The only time she actually died in the narrative where we thought she was dead but she wasn't was on the Queen's Gambit. The death on the tanker was only that Ollie thought she died there as we as the audience had already seen that she was alive in present day.

EDIT: Wait this isn't the Arrow thread. Quit talking about Arrow in the SHIELD thread! That goes for me too!

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine
I have watched every episode. What Lucy Lawless character died and was important enough to remember?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Deadpool posted:

The only time she actually died in the narrative where we thought she was dead but she wasn't was on the Queen's Gambit. The death on the tanker was only that Ollie thought she died there as we as the audience had already seen that she was alive in present day.

EDIT: Wait this isn't the Arrow thread. Quit talking about Arrow in the SHIELD thread! That goes for me too!

Yeah I not even started the third season yet and don't want to get spoiled again! Anyway I can't wait for tomorrow even if I hoping the New Shield plot doesn't last too long, as I more interesting in seeing more Mr Hyde going after the group some more.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Chakram posted:

I have watched every episode. What Lucy Lawless character died and was important enough to remember?

First episode of season 2. Shouldn't have touched dat dere diviner.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 31, 2015

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Chakram posted:

She played Isabelle Hartley, Hunter's boss in that little merc unit that worked with Coulson and Company in the first episode of the season. She unwisely touched the Diviner and died.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Actually, she was (briefly) the only human to survive touching it (because they lopped off her arm immediately) - she died in a car crash.

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine
Oh. Her death was very downplayed for how much they put into that character. I stopped caring and forgot about her about as quickly as Hunter did.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ambivalent posted:

She didn't die, she was just assumed dead.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Deadpool posted:

Yeah, jeez! Everyone knows we discuss Arrow in the Flash thread!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Rirse posted:

Yeah I not even started the third season yet and don't want to get spoiled again! Anyway I can't wait for tomorrow even if I hoping the New Shield plot doesn't last too long, as I more interesting in seeing more Mr Hyde going after the group some more.

I'm torn. I don't care much about New Shield, but any chance to listen to EJO talk into my ears with his EJO voice and his bucket full of gravel is most welcome.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

If by the end of this season we don't get Skye dropping out of VTOL C-17 into the signature kneeling, fist in the pavement pose and causing a giant gently caress-off earthquake I'm gonna be a little disappointed. On the off chance however they're saving this for an Avengers cameo then it's all good.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 1, 2015

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

If by the end of this season we don't get Skye dropping out of VTOL C-17 into the signature kneeling, fist in the pavement pose and causing a giant gently caress-off earthquake I'm gonna be a little disappointed. On the off chance however they're saving this for an Avengers cameo then it's all good.

I'm down for that especially if they bring back the tactical hoodie/turtleneck.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

PunkBoy posted:

I'm down for that especially if they bring back the tactical hoodie/turtleneck.

Tactical turtleneck, a tactineck. Preferably in black or a slightly darker black.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Winter Soldier flashback!!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Haha, "Always with the Nazi stuff."

You lay down with dogs, dude.

VVV You called it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Always with the Nazi stuff.

Oh man, Bobbi's gonna rescue them right?

Yup!

Hah it was an iPhone.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Badass opener.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I need Bobbi to end up on the same side as our gang. :(

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bobbi looks good in that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You'd think they could at least give Skye a DS.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
What is Simmons' working definition of "safe" as regards Skye, I wonder.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hahaha oh poo poo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Just a liiiiitle bit behind Coulson

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Oh, here we go.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Ooooh fuuuuuuck, May vs Mockingbird

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Getting right down to it, I see...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Good to see Coulson figure things out so quickly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Deakul posted:

Ooooh fuuuuuuck, May vs Mockingbird

After this commercial break

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Bobbi vs May, main event, do it.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

drat they aren't starting this episode slow!

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Bobbi is cool I am sad if she ultimately turns out to be on the wrong team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

hope and vaseline posted:

drat they aren't starting this episode slow!

The Bobbi/May fight will be half an hour so they had to get right to it

• Locked thread