Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
What the hell were those little things with giant blue heads, their projectiles hurt like a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Famous TV Dad posted:

frenzy. it has a much cooler implementation imo.

Frenzy is more like a cooler version of bleed

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

What the hell were those little things with giant blue heads, their projectiles hurt like a bitch
theyre cool

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Wandered past three huge pigs and found the shadows of yharnam so I guess I'm going the right way

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Frenzy is more like a cooler version of bleed

Frenzy is cool but the enemies that give you frenzy by having line of sight are just annoying

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

:stare: i haven't run across these yet

I haven't come across like 3 or 4 bosses mentioned by name in this thread and I've been playing for like 20+ hours haha

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

is there any sort of equivalent of curse in this one?

there's nothing that says "gently caress you, you stupid dumb bitch why did you fall in frog hole" like curse in this game that I've seen so far

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Frenzy is cool but the enemies that give you frenzy by having line of sight are just annoying

agreed except that i like how its done in the beginning parts of nightmare of mensis

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
found the cannibal man and he became a scary monster. awesome

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
It's cool that a lot of bosses are optional, it's very easy to just go try a different route when you reach an impasse. The frenzy guys and that cannibal werewolf are my favorite enemy designs so far.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
cannibal werewolf was extremely difficult on that tiny little roof but i prevailed

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

NickRoweFillea posted:

cannibal werewolf was extremely difficult on that tiny little roof but i prevailed

i got 1/2 thru his health in ng+ and then he killed me because i got distracted by the fact that he starts talking to you and text appears on the screen and the edges go dark and gently caress off FROM software

khrits
Dec 25, 2011

And when we leave, we need to put things back the way we found them. We're not slobs.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i got 1/2 thru his health in ng+ and then he killed me because i got distracted by the fact that he starts talking to you and text appears on the screen and the edges go dark and gently caress off FROM software

send me ur ps4 please

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What is in the 2.7 gig update file for Bloodborne

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i got tired of dying to the shadow of yharnam so i decided to go exploring. some guy in the forest gave me a stone so i went to visit the church like he said. a huge nightmare thing picked me up and sent me to a lecture hall? then i went somewhere called the nightmare frontier where all the monsters are like something straight out of a lovecraft story? what the gently caress is going on!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

no more item duping, for one

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

the update is actually 150mb of new poo poo, 2.5 of old poo poo because ps4 patches bad

quote:

Fixes the issue of not being able to obtain the “Lunarium Key” once the user partakes in online multiplayer as a co-operative guest by using the “Small Resonant Bell” or as a hostile guest by using the “Sinister Resonant Bell” in the area, “Forbidden Woods”.

duplication glitch fixed 2

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

zen death robot posted:

This happened to me as well and yeah its hosed up

i love it, though. its extremely hard to figure out what the hell is going on but i'm totally cool with that

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

i got tired of dying to the shadow of yharnam so i decided to go exploring. some guy in the forest gave me a stone so i went to visit the church like he said. a huge nightmare thing picked me up and sent me to a lecture hall? then i went somewhere called the nightmare frontier where all the monsters are like something straight out of a lovecraft story? what the gently caress is going on!

the whole game is secretly a lovecraft story

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the whole game is secretly a lovecraft story

:swoon: thats all ive ever wanted

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Bloodborne has no bad ending just a series of good ones.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Although the game is more about fear of women & babies than of immigrants.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nanomashoes posted:

Although the game is more about fear of women & babies than of immigrants.

it's about Fatherhood, The Old One is Al Bundy.

Dec 26, 2012

this pthumerian descendant guy is tearing me a new one

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i was having trouble with an enemy but then i learned they have no back-swing and then i started breezing through the next section

feels good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i would like a blood vial farm labyrinth

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Its much better to just buy any vials you need with leftover echoes, much less time wasted.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

zen death robot posted:

if you get a labyrinth that has really good poo poo in it share the seed code so others can get in on that action as well
someone in the games thread posted a code with a chest you can only open in coop, and I bet there is some sick loving loot in there

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
It would have been fun if there was a slim chance that a Demon's Souls boss could show up in a randomized Chalice Dungeon. Would have been fun to have shot the Adjudicator in his dome with a blunderbuss.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Proposition Joe posted:

It would have been fun if there was a slim chance that a Demon's Souls boss could show up in a randomized Chalice Dungeon. Would have been fun to have shot the Adjudicator in his dome with a blunderbuss.

imagine being able to summon the freaking dragotnborn to help you w/ bosses., even sicker idea imo

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
paarl is difficult. i think i need to stop locking on to him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i kept getting owned by the Cainhurst boss and after getting very Mad I decided to summon someone. They died like 20 seconds in but somehow that was the fight where j managed to hit every single visceral Attack without getting hit and smoked him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

and again, I have no idea where to go lol.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Goddamnit got greedy and hosed up killing rom on my first attempt, he was one hit away

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
tfw you hit a wall with every boss available to you

god drat it

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

and again, I have no idea where to go lol.

That crown is important.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Psycobladder posted:

That crown is important.

I did that, unless there's more. But I did also find a new area, and encountered the snake heads

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
what in gods name is with some of this monster design

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
watchdog of the old lords can ohko me with it's aoe-charge attack combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

zen death robot posted:

Lmao there's a bugged out dog in the beginning area that has god mode basically. You can hit it all day long for thousands of damage and its meter will be empty but it won't die and it'll keep attacking you. At least it can't really hurt me much at this point.

that's the Training Mode dog. Use him to test out your sick damage numbers