Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

drat that loving ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
:stare: Holy gently caress Skye

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Joe Toy is a dick

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
SONIC BOOM!

Yea, Bobbi will not be impressed that Joe Toy was going to straight up execute Skye.
Bamf!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Seriously enough with the guns come on dudes

A-although I guess it's a little retroactivey justified

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
"I shall call her Mini-May!"

Well hell.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

If he'd used an icer, it wouldn't be so bad for him :smug:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Wreked

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Skye's powers are pretty cool imo

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

"Gordon, help." Bamf

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Haha RealShield is a bunch of dumb mofos for thinking an untapped weapon of mass destruction would react well to being approached with a full force task team

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Deakul posted:

Deus ex Gordon

:tviv: fuckin May

Chekov's inhuman

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Those were some bang up camera shaking powers Skye

Another year
Oct 13, 2011

the mermaid
see
a movie?
Yep! this is a good one. Gordon is awesome

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

Seriously enough with the guns come on dudes

A-although I guess it's a little retroactivey justified

Seriously, you have like, Magic Perfect Tranquilizer Guns That Work Just Like Real Guns. There is no reason to run around flinging off regular bullets except because you're a psychopath.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Man, why is the episode over :negative:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

Man, why is the episode over :negative:

Shut up there is still a stinger maybe Xena is alive :smith:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hunter!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
They went to Tahiti :laffo:

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

HUNTER

TAHITI

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Coulson and Hunter road trip!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kammat posted:

They went to Tahiti :laffo:

Oh god that's brilliant.

Oh poo poo that preview!!!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Yay Hunter

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Oh hell yes

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Hunter you own so hard.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's like Rull Shuld has no concept of tact or subtlety.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

Real Shield isn't built on any concept of democracy, they're just united by their want to put down any kind of superhuman threat. Hello Civil War tie in

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Regy Rusty posted:

A significant failing in a covert organization.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

We're the Real SHIELD. We don't like secrets. We love killing the gently caress out of people with powers though.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Are we allowed to do the Episode Title thing? Because two weeks from now, the episode title is 'Melinda' :ohdear: Excited.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
That episode was pretty phenomenal. Almost non-stop action from start to finish and it was really great stuff.

Steve112sms
Mar 20, 2002

Paregoric babies of the world unite.

Codependent Poster posted:

We're the Real SHIELD. We don't like secrets. We love killing the gently caress out of people with powers though.

I like that one of their central points was the secrets thing and in response to that they decided to form a secret SHIELD and then secretly infiltrate other SHIELD. Good job, guys. You're really combating secrecy.

The anti-aliens/anti-powers thing makes more sense and as was pointed out, fits in well with the upcoming Civil War stuff. It makes sense that in the wake of all of these new developments there'd be a group of people that'd be staunchly against it all out of fear.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Steve112sms posted:

I like that one of their central points was the secrets thing and in response to that they decided to form a secret SHIELD and then secretly infiltrate other SHIELD. Good job, guys. You're really combating secrecy.

Coulson: Do you know how I know who you are? I looked for you. I wanted you to join me, to help me.

Adama: Heh, we were hiding. By the way secrets are bad.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Man that episode loving ruled. I can't believe that poo poo head was going to use real bullets. Thankfully, Skye is a badass, and Gordon owns all of the bones.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I knew that dude was either HYDRA or gonna bite it. He was an rear end from his intro last week.

Pretty funny, though, that the dude in the bulletproof vest got impaled, but Bobbi didn't.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I love that there is a ridiculous slow mo shot every single time Skye uses her powers.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

Coulson: Do you know how I know who you are? I looked for you. I wanted you to join me, to help me.

Adama: Heh, we were hiding. By the way secrets are bad.

Seriously. I understand REEL SHEELD's point of view and their understandable reservations about Fury's actions, but the way they've gone out of the way to dick around Coulson while being super hypocritical about things just undercuts any good point they could make.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I love that there is a ridiculous slow mo shot every single time Skye uses her powers.

Me too. Bring back her tactineck though.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Honestly, I wish that they hadn't gone that route. I really liked this episode, but the heavy-handed way they played up the other SHIELD as sneaky ruthless assholes -- and oh by the way did we mention that they don't like superpowers for some reason? -- makes this whole situation rather silly. All of EJO's reservations and objections to the way that Fury ran SHIELD, which should all be perfectly valid reservations and objections, comes across instead like so much ignorant whining considering that he himself didn't/couldn't give a single coherent response to any of the various valid questions Coulson lobbed at him.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
I think the missing piece of the RealShield puzzle is what was on the ship that Fury thought was worth sacrificing Bobbi's life for. Best guesses are a superpowered villain or some nightmare weapon that should have been launched into the sun. It is going to be the Koenig assembly line and/or cloning vats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Or Banner.

Which, as little as I like to give them any credit at all, as they came across as assclowns lacking perspective, would but a bend on your attitude toward "enhanced" people.

• Locked thread