Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

it recommended me a bunch of videos that had people putting their pets to sleep. :(:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i've just decided gently caress it i'm gonna max out this insight. eat every skull I've got and every skull I find, currently sitting on 80 insight

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
That feel when u have 6 hours of homework and then a job interview and can't play game

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i've just decided gently caress it i'm gonna max out this insight. eat every skull I've got and every skull I find, currently sitting on 80 insight

99 is the max

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
beat the shadows of yharnam, went forward a little bit and screamed when a horrible fly man jumped out and scared me

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I like Yarnham way more than I liked the world in dark souls or even demons

going full horror mode instead of big armor guys was the right decision

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Souls is a scary game by itself just in how quick death can happen so just tying that into the design and story was smart.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I still loving hate the birds even though they're no longer a threat, but also I love the birds.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

I still loving hate the birds even though they're no longer a threat, but also I love the birds.
wait until you get to mensis, lmao

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
found rom. whats up with the old guy just hanging out on the lunarium

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Demon's is best and closer to Bloodborne in tone and horror i think. Dark souls has an incredible first half but the second half of the game is long, boring and barely even finished in parts.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Today I learned the wheelchair guys can climb stairs

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Demon's is best and closer to Bloodborne in tone and horror i think. Dark souls has an incredible first half but the second half of the game is long, boring and barely even finished in parts.

True for me pretty much too. No game is ever going to be as good as DS1 through O+S fight for me but i rarely go past that point when I replay (dukes archive still gets a visit because its well done imo though).

I am just happy that bloodborne is making the hyper nerd pvp crowd so pissed off. after DS2 gave up all the world design polish and atmosphere and catered to the type of nut that wants to do math to win the repetitive scenarios in a video game its nice to see the tables turned back for a while and a solid single player/co-op experience delivered with a fully realized and intricate world like in the beginning of the series.

I'm sure they'll add arenas back in the dlc like they did for ds1 though but until then i feast on tears.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zen death robot posted:

The only time I had a PvP encounter in Dark Souls it was some incredibly maxed out guy invading and pummeling the poo poo out of me when I had just started playing

yeah. but then a guy showed up and dropped a duped copy of like every weapon in the game on the ground before waving and jumping off a ledge to his death so it all works out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zen death robot posted:

Someone named DarkNermal showed up to PvP me just now, glad I was paying attention.

send him back to dark abu dhabi

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the whip is really good for pvp because you can cheese it and circle around a pillar or something and hit them when they're on the other side of it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
there is so much to do in this game. unfortunately it's storming outside my place and the thunder and lightning coupled with the unsettling vibe of the game means i have to tear myself away for the night lest i get extremely scared.

in regards to what yall were talking about earlier, i love the souls presentation of "show, don't tell" and the story that bloodborne wants to tell is great. the method of storytelling really lends itself to the story proper, you know?

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

undead giant 3 is the friggin worst

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

True for me pretty much too. No game is ever going to be as good as DS1 through O+S fight for me but i rarely go past that point when I replay (dukes archive still gets a visit because its well done imo though).

I am just happy that bloodborne is making the hyper nerd pvp crowd so pissed off. after DS2 gave up all the world design polish and atmosphere and catered to the type of nut that wants to do math to win the repetitive scenarios in a video game its nice to see the tables turned back for a while and a solid single player/co-op experience delivered with a fully realized and intricate world like in the beginning of the series.

I'm sure they'll add arenas back in the dlc like they did for ds1 though but until then i feast on tears.

there still is a pvp area too, at least one I've found so far. I actually have a lot of fun with the souls pvp bc I always like to see how other people are playing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The most fun I had with a game last year was murdering people in the rat covenant area bc they had no idea what was going on and the invasion mechanic was way goofy

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

zen death robot posted:

The night sky is glowing an eerie shade of purple, the moon is blood red and i just killed a man by hitting him for 420 dmg

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
while I don't think this game will have the same replay value as DS1+2 just cause theres fewer covenants, less reason/ability to pvp and co-op, and seemingly less build variety, I still really like the move back to a strong single player game with great level design and better story telling. in a year I probably will have spent more time playing DS2 than bloodborne, but bloodborne is by far the superior game. it owns

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

apropos to nothing posted:

while I don't think this game will have the same replay value as DS1+2 just cause theres fewer covenants, less reason/ability to pvp and co-op, and seemingly less build variety, I still really like the move back to a strong single player game with great level design and better story telling. in a year I probably will have spent more time playing DS2 than bloodborne, but bloodborne is by far the superior game. it owns

i wanna replay this game way more than I did dark souls

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the witch boss: weird but fun

it took me a while to even find them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

the witch boss: weird but fun

it took me a while to even find them

i managed to die an embarrassing number of times on that fight bc I kept forgetting that the one witch can freeze you in place with her magic

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

YO WTF

what the hell happened at the end of the path opposite to the forest path, that cathedral looking place with the big dish in the middle

i couldnt even see what grabbed me clearly

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

like a bug ghost

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

like a bug ghost

The true Bloodborne starts here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You've come to the right place

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i managed to die an embarrassing number of times on that fight bc I kept forgetting that the one witch can freeze you in place with her magic

I got really lucky and only had to do it once because i had been kiting the summons they have around the room so by the time I got frozen they were on the other side of the arena

it was still really close sometimes

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the bug ghost has stolen my blood and won't let me have it back, fine.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Beat rom, was walking around yahargul like I had the biggest dick in the world, then got killed by a villager. I feel like the subject of this game is hubris

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

has anyone come across any funny notes along the lines of "tongue but hole" or "massive chest"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The part of yahargul towards the end with all the frozen stone villagers is legit the creepiest part of any souls game to date

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

has anyone come across any funny notes along the lines of "tongue but hole" or "massive chest"

No mercy for elderly

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the best note I made was "Is it all thanks to bird."

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

oh you can put a lil gesture on your notes too, neat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

No mercy for elderly

those enemies are the best

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

No mercy for elderly

No mercy for wheelchairs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

NickRoweFillea posted:

found rom. whats up with the old guy just hanging out on the lunarium

You should kill him. He drops one of the sweetest runes in the game (ups item discovery).