Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Android Bicyclist posted:

Stopped by local comics store for 1st time in about 2 years & picked up some stuff:

The Shaolin Cowboy Burly Man Comics TBP

The Shaolin Cowboy Adventure Magazine, collection of stories with Darrow's art.

1) Are these not the same thing?
2) How big is the TPB? Amazon reviews say its small.
3) If I bought both of those things, would I own the totality of that character's work product?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The Burly Man comics series (original story/1st appearance of the Shaolin Mon) is regular size. The newer Dark Horse Comics series (new story) one is available in a large format hardcover. I wasn't aware of the adventure series, hence me picking it up. IIRC that should be all the Shaolin Cowboy stories.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
i bought tallowmere and alpha protocol. this is gonna be awesome.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Because I'm a huge lame nerd:

They're the same shoes worn by Black Widow in like a five minute sequence where she and Cap are undercover at a mall in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The reviews all say they're super comfy too and, hey, I need some sneakers that don't suck.

EDIT: I've been informed that I am wrong. Serves me right for not fact-checking :saddowns:

Solid Cake has a new favorite as of 18:37 on Mar 31, 2015

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CrackSpider posted:

They're the same shoes worn by Black Widow in like a five minute sequence where she and Cap are undercover at a mall in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The reviews all say they're super comfy too and, hey, I need some sneakers that don't suck.

Not to poo poo on your parade or anything, but I'm pretty sure she was wearing Nikes. These are nice though! I've definitely priced Cap's Supras from the same sequence...

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

Not to poo poo on your parade or anything, but I'm pretty sure she was wearing Nikes. These are nice though! I've definitely priced Cap's Supras from the same sequence...

http://stylefrizz.com/201404/10-fashion-items-identified-captain-america-winter-soldier/

yup

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Aw, boo. Another site told me bad information :( I guess I should have looked into it a little more now that the movie isn't brand new and people actually know what they're talking about... They've been sitting on my wishlist for ages. Oh well, I still like them just fine.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

CrackSpider posted:

Aw, boo. Another site told me bad information :( I guess I should have looked into it a little more now that the movie isn't brand new and people actually know what they're talking about... They've been sitting on my wishlist for ages. Oh well, I still like them just fine.

They're still rad

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

These are sexy. I love them.

I look like a chav wearing these and it's great

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

RCarr posted:

Just bitch at them. They will give you another vehicle. There's no reason you should be in a disgusting vehicle for a month. If you complain enough, they WILL give you something else. (especially if you are buying a new car)

Update on this stupid debacle: After a weekend in the cleanup department and a VERY thorough cleaning, the smell was worse than ever. I gave it one more shot, and, standing outside, 60 yards away, with the driver window barely cracked, you could still smell the thing. People were complaining about it at work, and I was parked at the back of the lot.

I took it back and told them I just couldn't do it. The GM stuck his head in the car and smelled it and came to the conclusion that "it doesn't smell that bad" and "it reminds me of my grandmother and makes me homesick."

At this point I got mad, screamed "You have to go be loving making GBS threads me" and did a lot of NO YOU SHUT UP DAD.

Long story relatively short, they gave me a 2014 Cruze.

Now I feel guilty that it's too nice and also it does not work well with a 6'4 guy.

Truck still hasn't hit production :smith:

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

Please do not feed poinsettias to animals, its not good for them and I dont want PI to yell at me.

CrackSpider posted:

EDIT: I've been informed that I am wrong. Serves me right for not fact-checking :saddowns:

Super cute! Did you see amazon has a 20% off coupon for them today making the final price $63? I'm probably buying a pair.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

rotaryfun posted:

Off topic, is there a story to this other than middle eastern money?

I remember that last time it was posted someone explained that the money was fake and you could buy it in the venue just for the purpose of throwing it to dancers.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Went a little bit nuts with the bideo games in the last week

And I can't play any of them from now until April 10. I am not a smart man.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Happy Birthday to Me!

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
No picture but I got season tickets for the Jacksonville jaguars and armada for me and MY WIFE bc sportsball

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I bought a 12 oz bottle of beer for 6 dollars because I'm a loving dummy

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

FishBulb posted:

Are you at a music concert?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Josh Lyman posted:

Are you at a music concert?

Nope!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Was it from Belgium?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Ultimate Mango posted:

Was it from Belgium?

It's Founder's KBS. I guess it's super limited and I'll probably say "this was not worth 6 dollars a bottle" when I drink it, I do like their other stouts though.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I just spent $250 on mostly meat at Sam's Club. Don't shop hungry, friends.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

FishBulb posted:

It's Founder's KBS. I guess it's super limited and I'll probably say "this was not worth 6 dollars a bottle" when I drink it, I do like their other stouts though.

I got two of those.

Also a Stone Master of Disguise and a New Belgian Cocoa Mole. Both are great.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

I just spent $250 on mostly meat at Sam's Club. Don't shop hungry, friends.

Bullshit. Shop hungry and high.

Clean out the meat case and empty the cookie aisle.

While I was neither of these things today, I did happen to buy 8lbs of strawberries.

Oh and a sixer of Merry Monks and a four pack of Insanity, all from Weyerbacher

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

2015 GTI Autobahn, Performance Package, Lighting Package, DCC Package, Driver Assist Package (this is loaded).

And the most important bit:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Reverse belongs down and to the right.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Down... and to the right.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Great film

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

RCarr posted:

Down... and to the right.

You know, like a fancy car has

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
We need to talk to you abarth your purchasing decisions.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

FishBulb posted:

Got two. Can confirm it was worth it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

door Door door posted:

Got two. Can confirm it was worth it.

It was okay, I feel like perhaps if i didn't know it was 6 bucks I might have liked it more

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

larchesdanrew posted:

Update on this stupid debacle: After a weekend in the cleanup department and a VERY thorough cleaning, the smell was worse than ever. I gave it one more shot, and, standing outside, 60 yards away, with the driver window barely cracked, you could still smell the thing. People were complaining about it at work, and I was parked at the back of the lot.

I took it back and told them I just couldn't do it. The GM stuck his head in the car and smelled it and came to the conclusion that "it doesn't smell that bad" and "it reminds me of my grandmother and makes me homesick."

At this point I got mad, screamed "You have to go be loving making GBS threads me" and did a lot of NO YOU SHUT UP DAD.

Long story relatively short, they gave me a 2014 Cruze.

Now I feel guilty that it's too nice and also it does not work well with a 6'4 guy.

Truck still hasn't hit production :smith:

You sound like a huge pussy, just tell them you will keep the Cruze as it fits your personality.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Muerte posted:

You sound like a huge pussy, just tell them you will keep the Cruze as it fits your personality.

Reminder: The general manager is literally his own dad. He can't make nice with his dad long enough to get a nice loaner without resorting to a tantrum as an adult.

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

PCOS Bill posted:

Reminder: The general manager is literally his own dad. He can't make nice with his dad long enough to get a nice loaner without resorting to a tantrum as an adult.

I've followed his plight, point still stands if you are 6' 4" and going to throw a tantrum you should not be driving a vehicle designed for men. I'm sure the Cruz will get him to the gynecologist just fine to get that vagina checked out.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Muerte posted:

I've followed his plight, point still stands if you are 6' 4" and going to throw a tantrum you should not be driving a vehicle designed for men. I'm sure the Cruz will get him to the gynecologist just fine to get that vagina checked out.

I'm not disagreeing, don't worry. Just want everyone else to not forget this is his dad he can't even have an adult man to man conversation with.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Muerte posted:

The Cruze looks like a pretty standard car to me, suitable for all driving ages and genders? Unless you mean driving Ted Cruz in which case yeah that's weird.

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Ragequit posted:

The Cruze looks like a pretty standard car to me, suitable for all driving ages and genders? Unless you mean driving Ted Cruz in which case yeah that's weird.

Different cars are obviously built for different genders, and if you should choose the wrong one, well, you're in some serious trouble. Also people with vaginas are controlled entirely by their emotions, and have tantrums all the time.

Obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

FishBulb posted:

It was okay, I feel like perhaps if i didn't know it was 6 bucks I might have liked it more

Founders KBS is one of the best goddamn beers on the planet. I still have 6 from last year i'm going to drink throughout the year.

As for me, warmer water is around the corner and my old shorty is being relegated to pool teaching duty so no chlorine for this new suit.