Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Matlock Birthmark posted:

They were grown in a metallic tube just like everyone else.

The birds and the beakers, if you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Blackheart posted:

Realtalk though Red needs to come back.

Yeah, let her take Anthony on! What a sight that would be.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dammerung posted:

Yeah, let her take Anthony on! What a sight that would be.

"Hey Jerkbreath! Be a better dad to Lady Tubsalot!"

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Cryophage posted:

que ojos tan lindos tienes...

¿me los daras?

It's so pretty

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh man now I wanna see Red and Zimmy interact.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MikeJF posted:

Oh man now I wanna see Red and Zimmy interact.

There would be no survivors.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

There would be no survivors.
Also the probable result if Anthony hassles Kat and Robot finds out.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I change my mind. This whole thing is definitely a dream sequence like some people first thought.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Kat is now a proud member of the Anthony Carver is a Huge Tosser Club.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Annie's got three hairs astray now, she's on the verge of a meltdown. :ohdear:

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
I count four hairs in panels four and five. Watch out lads, she's gonna bloooooo

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I hope she does lose it and go full fire elemental. Although I'm sure it's nothing Anthony hasn't seen before, given who he was married to.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Well now I want to see where Friday's comic will go, since it seems Anthony's still got things he wants to talk with Antimony about.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

YF-23 posted:

Well now I want to see where Friday's comic will go, since it seems Anthony's still got things he wants to talk with Antimony about.

I think we're about to see the non-rear end in a top hat part of Anthony now and he's going to homeschool her.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Kat's got Plans.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I haven't wanted to punch a fictional character in the face so badly in a while

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
I wonder what Kat is going to build so she can help out her friend. It was an anti-grav machine last time, what's it going to be this time, a time machine?

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

I wonder what Kat is going to build so she can help out her friend. It was an anti-grav machine last time, what's it going to be this time, a time machine?

a hyperbolic time chamber, so she can do a years worth of studying in a day

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Excuse me, it wasn't an anti-grav machine, it was protein crystals, TYVM :colbert:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Maybe it's just me, but this Anthony-Carver-is-a-jerk business is starting to feel like it's overstaying its welcome a bit. Like, I get it, Tony is the worst human imaginable and he's going to ruin everything. Can Annie fireball his face or something and we can get on with the rest of the plot? Or is Rey going to walk in next and Tony will dismantle him with a pair of scissors, and then start an out of control forest fire that kills all the magic forest people, and then somehow break up the Donlan's marriage, and kick Eglamore in the crotch, and then he can shoot Jones into the sun, and etc.

Probably just being a bit grumpy here, but I'm used the usual GC long wait for the next page, except like this time I don't even want to see the next page because it's just going to be Tony pissing on everything you love. :shrug:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

BobTheJanitor posted:

Maybe it's just me, but this Anthony-Carver-is-a-jerk business is starting to feel like it's overstaying its welcome a bit. Like, I get it, Tony is the worst human imaginable and he's going to ruin everything. Can Annie fireball his face or something and we can get on with the rest of the plot? Or is Rey going to walk in next and Tony will dismantle him with a pair of scissors, and then start an out of control forest fire that kills all the magic forest people, and then somehow break up the Donlan's marriage, and kick Eglamore in the crotch, and then he can shoot Jones into the sun, and etc.

Probably just being a bit grumpy here, but I'm used the usual GC long wait for the next page, except like this time I don't even want to see the next page because it's just going to be Tony pissing on everything you love. :shrug:

Already nine whole pages spent on the first meeting of the main character and her abusive father. Each page dragging on and on with the ratcheting anxiety and dramatic revelations. Why can't it hurry up and end?

I've never seen a Gunnerkrig pacing complaint I agreed with, but I could at least see where people whining about the Stone were coming from. Complaining about this chapter? Anthony's return has been a dramatic even on the horizon for almost the entire comic. Every page has been amazing. You are being ridiculous.

Wittgen fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 1, 2015

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

When are we getting to the fireworks factory?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Oh, a bunny!

Are we there yet?

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Remember that time when Jones was from the past

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

She can't be with Kat because the rest of the day will be father-daughter quality time, duh. We're going to the amusement park!

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I wonder if he is just going to coldly tutor her now.

Fail her to get the chance to be alone with her.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Most of the time Gunnerkrigg can be read as a webcomic and other times I feel it's putting out chapters for the paperback release and this chapter is definitely one of those times.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I can't wait for Gunnerkrigg Court Kai.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cat Mattress posted:

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

When are we getting to the fireworks factory?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Oh, a bunny!

Are we there yet?

SHUT UP NAPPA

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
How dare Gunnerkrigg not blaze by an event being built up to for the comic's entire run as quickly as possible.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

A robotic tutor? Hopefully they'll be able to work together in order to help Annie catch up!

Blackheart posted:

She can't be with Kat because the rest of the day will be father-daughter quality time, duh. We're going to the amusement park!

For whatever reason, I feel like Anthony would be an amazing mini golfer.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Dammerung posted:

For whatever reason, I feel like Anthony would be an amazing mini golfer.

The recent loss of his dominant would be a hindrance there.

You could say

He plays

*sunglasses*

With a handicap

~*~YEAAAAHHHH!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Rincewind posted:

How dare Gunnerkrigg not blaze by an event being built up to for the comic's entire run as quickly as possible.
For real

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

A particle cannon. :hellyeah:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Wittgen posted:

Every page has been amazing.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Wait do you think that is a bad page or something? I thought it was cool, I like it when an emotional state is represented in the art.

DrTempest
Dec 11, 2011

It's not cute. It's all very serious.
I thought that whole page was a great symbolism to the mask her psyche-person wore. You know, when Zimmy punched Anthony in the face. The infantile-type drawings showing Antimony getting knocked back down a few pegs and the "mask" coming off means she gets to have some hard lessons and opportunities for more character growth.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

I thought that page was amazing, though. It represented a complete shifting/cracking of Annie's emotional state, and her regression becomes more apparent in the regression of the art.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
That doesn't make much sense given how it immediately switches back afterwards even though she's still in the same state. Also the cloth in the lower right panel makes it look like she straight just wiped poo poo off her face

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

That doesn't make much sense given how it immediately switches back afterwards even though she's still in the same state. Also the cloth in the lower right panel makes it look like she straight just wiped poo poo off her face

She did...she was wiping off makeup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

IronicDongz posted:

You are dumb and your posts are bad.