Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Ok, predictions for tomorrow.

Somehow, no one brings up a possible sequel to Nintendo's biggest new franchise of the last decade.

How about Wii Sports Bar? Think of the potential. Air Hockey (perfect for gamepad), darts, pool (you could use the Wiimote as a cue and the gamepad as the table like in the golf ad!).

I'm kind of amazed it's 2015 and we don't have Wii Sports III of some sort on Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
^^They already did Wii Sports Club, plus Nintendo Land which was supposed to be the new Wii Sports, and the division of EAD that did those games is working on Splatoon right now.

TheJoker138 posted:

Ganondorf loving sucks. He's got a stupid "dorf" at the end of his name and looks like a douche. Now original pig Ganon. There's an amiibo I'll buy.

"Dorf" comes from "Dolf" as in Adolf as in Hitler, they just stick it on there so you know he's bad. Andross was originally "Andorf", too.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

Now original pig Ganon. There's an amiibo I'll buy.

This, but also this:

edit - I know there's absolutely no reason it'd ever happen, but I would totally buy a WindWaker line of Amiibos.

Rack fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 1, 2015

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I hope the next Zelda is just Game of Thrones with more color and midgets thrown in.

eliotlucas
Aug 6, 2006

Finished Metroid Prime 3 (and the trilogy). It was the quickest (and easiest) of the 3, but that may be due to it being the first one with motion controls. They streamlined the backtracking a lot too. I enjoyed it more than 2 but not as much as 1. Do I even bother revisiting Other M? I remember being put off by the characterization of Samus in that.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Watch the chip and ironicus other M movie watching experience.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Putting aside all the Samus bullshit, Other M just isn't fun to play.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've never played a Metroid game. Was thinking of grabbing one with CN coins.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Argh, why didn't I finish my Club Nintendo stuff sooner?! The drat website is so broken I can't even start, let alone finish the surveys! Did they extend the deadline the last time the site was crushed under demand?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Waltzing Along posted:

I forget if Super Metroid is an option but absolutely pick that one if it is.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

robot roll call posted:

I forget if Super Metroid is an option but absolutely pick that one if it is.

It is and it is the one I was looking at.

eliotlucas
Aug 6, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Super Metroid is a must if you're new to the series. Metroid Fusion is good too. If you live in the EU you can get Metroid Zero Mission in the e-shop.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Waltzing Along posted:

The only bad ones are the NES one and Other M. Aside from, pick one and have a good time. Trilogy is a loving steal even at $20 since it's like half the series in one game.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Rack posted:

I know there's absolutely no reason it'd ever happen, but I would totally buy a WindWaker line of Amiibos.

hey i gotchu

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

The only bad ones are the NES one and Other M. Aside from, pick one and have a good time. Trilogy is a loving steal even at $20 since it's like half the series in one game.

The original Metroid is not bad unless you're an idiot retard baby

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Adam Bowen posted:

The original Metroid is not bad unless you're an idiot retard baby

Yeah, it's not bad but really dated. Make sure you play it with a guide unless you have tolerance for getting lost in similar looking areas without an ingame map.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Grab some graph paper and work it old school like us kids back in the late '80s.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Why would you play the first and not the one that is a remake of the first and also 16 bit instead of 8

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Why would you watch an old movie or listen to an old album?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, it's not bad but really dated. Make sure you play it with a guide unless you have tolerance for getting lost in similar looking areas without an ingame map.

Okay, maybe it's not bad, and the advent of save states would probably cut down on the tedium of playing it, but drat it has not aged well in the slightest. I played it after Super and Prime and compared to those games it does not fare favorably. But the same holds true for a lot of NES games that people say still hold up today, which is almost always bullshit. For every Punch Out, Ninja Gaiden and Mega Man, there's a Final Fantasy, Castlevania or Double Dragon.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Adam Bowen posted:

Why would you watch an old movie or listen to an old album?

I wouldn't buy a cassette tape if I could buy a CD.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

For every Punch Out, Ninja Gaiden and Mega Man, there's a Final Fantasy, Castlevania or Double Dragon.

What does this even mean.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

once took an hour long nap and when i woke up this orchestration of the metroid theme was playing in my head and then i suddenly thought, “i want to be friends with samus and defeat the space pirates”

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Some games age better than others.

I thought about editing it to clarify which is which but gently caress it :v:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

lmao

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
There are a lot of good old games.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

I wouldn't buy a cassette tape if I could buy a CD.

You might not buy a cassette tape but hopefully you wouldn't refuse to listen to any album that was released before the CD era

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Adam Bowen posted:

You might not buy a cassette tape but hopefully you wouldn't refuse to listen to any album that was released before the CD era

Well, no, but that's all I was commenting on. Why play the original Metroid instead of playing Zero Mission

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

y cant metroid duck?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The only reason to play Metroid is if you grew up playing it or beat all the other ones and felt like playing it for completion's sake or something.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

Well, no, but that's all I was commenting on. Why play the original Metroid instead of playing Zero Mission

Because they're different games. Zero Mission isn't a replacement for Metroid, it's a remix that adds some great stuff but also some pretty questionable stuff and a completely poo poo end-game forced stealth sequence. It's also insanely linear compared to the original and some people aren't giant babies who cry and wet themselves when a game doesn't give them a straight line to follow.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

noirstronaut posted:

it's not a vinyl/cd comparison, it's like saying "why would i watch the original robocop when they remade it last year" and i know you're a loving idiot but surely even you can see how/why that's a dumb thing to say

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

it's not a vinyl/cd comparison, it's like saying "why would i watch the original robocop when they remade it last year" and i know you're a loving idiot but surely even you can see how/why that's a dumb thing to say

Should've used The Thing From Another World & John Carpenter's The Thing, imo

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

No one compared vinyl and CDs

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

As much as people hate on Twilight Princess, I'd be down for an HD/3D remake. No waggle, gyro aiming, and touchscreen inventory makes that a winner in my book. Bonus points if they make the palette less brown.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

FirstAidKite posted:

Should've used The Thing From Another World & John Carpenter's The Thing, imo

robocop is always on my mind. eat sleep robocop repeat.

noirstronaut posted:

No one compared vinyl and CDs

i'm sorry i said vinyl instead of cassette i'm sure it was a scary and confusing time for you

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Zonekeeper posted:

As much as people hate on Twilight Princess, I'd be down for an HD/3D remake. No waggle, gyro aiming, and touchscreen inventory makes that a winner in my book. Bonus points if they make the palette less brown.

Have Link climb faster while you're at it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zonekeeper posted:

Dont forget to fix the bloom :supaburn:.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

robocop is always on my mind. eat sleep robocop repeat.

i'm sorry i said vinyl instead of cassette i'm sure it was a scary and confusing time for you

i would just appreciate it if you paid closer attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Zonekeeper posted:

As much as people hate on Twilight Princess, I'd be down for an HD/3D remake. No waggle, gyro aiming, and touchscreen inventory makes that a winner in my book.

Good news, it was released on the Gamecube.

Also it was much better on the Gamecube than on the Wii so yeah

• Locked thread