Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

The list of EU people I have left is:
  1. Sidesaddle Cavalry (EU)
  2. Ataxerxes(US/EU)
  3. Doctors Inc (EU)
  4. Kingcobra (EU)
  5. Innocuous(EU)
  6. Infidelicious(EU)
  7. White Snipes (EU)
  8. Ghost of Mussolini (EU)

Did I miss anyone?

Not EU, I'm fishing for a US key and don't mind sitting at the bottom of the long list for one of those. Thanks for keeping track though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.
Would really appreciate an EU key if anyone got one.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I hope they add WW1 era U-boats as premium gimmicky T-1 ships. No dive mechanic, just a really small profile and a tiny detection radius while stationary.

That'd make it easy for them to do one cool surprise attack before they're spotted and destroyed. Of course, if no one stumbles into your trap, you basically are dead weight.

Screw having a fully fleshed out submarine angle though, maybe after a few years if they have time to get it right.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Well, speak of the devil and he will materialise on your doorstep. I retract the offer of handing out EU keys to US people because I just got 20 US keys to hand out.

I've started handing these out so check your PM's, but I actually have to do real work today plus sit in meetings and poo poo so I'm not handing them all out at once. If you don't have PM's post your email address and I'll send you your key that way (xthetenth, looking at you).

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

TheFluff posted:

Well, speak of the devil and he will materialise on your doorstep. I retract the offer of handing out EU keys to US people because I just got 20 US keys to hand out.

I've started handing these out so check your PM's, but I actually have to do real work today plus sit in meetings and poo poo so I'm not handing them all out at once. If you don't have PM's post your email address and I'll send you your key that way (xthetenth, looking at you).

Don't have PMs so, m . scelus . s at gmail . com no spaces obviously.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

TheFluff posted:

Holey moley, you are the best. Thanks!

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

TheFluff posted:

Really? I thought you just got to go around museums and stuff and study old boats! Oh well, even Indiana Jones had to go to meetings I guess.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
What are people doing to get those bundles of keys/? Is there anything me and other goons can help out with getting more people in?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Man nothing is more hilarious than getting two perfect torpedo bomber runs on a Fuso and sinking him like a minute and a half into the match, two matches in a row. Those dudes must have been pissed. Also when the MM decides that two Independences can fight your one Saipan and you just laugh and maul every single one of their planes.

Then you go up against a Ranger and you're reduced to trying to ram things and shoot them with your secondaries. :saddowns:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Asehujiko posted:

What are people doing to get those bundles of keys/? Is there anything me and other goons can help out with getting more people in?

By nerding it up in Swedish national archives. :v:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Asehujiko posted:

I know of two basic routes to keys:

Route 1: TheFluff goes out to military archives and studies old blueprints of tanks and ships so that Wargaming can try and put in Swedish tanks or ships.
Route 2: Have a popular twitch channel.

I'd recommend route 1, that way you're actually contributing something useful and interesting to the world.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Nowhere to run, motherfucker :getin:

I think I'm getting pretty good at CV gameplay, I'm consistently hitting all my attack runs and scoring at least 3 kills per game. I briefly considered trying other American ships, but I realized the thought of having a useless carrier player on my team was too painful.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Gonna beg really hard for 1 EU key. Been hanging out in streams hoping to get one and completely forgot to check here.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
So far the following people needs to post their email addresses:
- xthetenth
- Infidelicious
- zxqv8

Not all keys handed out yet, don't lose hope if you haven't gotten yours yet.

Dravs posted:

Really? I thought you just got to go around museums and stuff and study old boats! Oh well, even Indiana Jones had to go to meetings I guess.

Naw, I only study old dusty papers in my spare time, at my day job I code Python and sit in meetings, pretty much. I'm the life of the party.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

TheFluff posted:

TheFluff rules and deserves good things.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

TheFluff posted:

Nice, I'll take an US one over an EU one then.

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..

TheFluff posted:

So far the following people needs to post their email addresses:
- xthetenth
- Infidelicious
- zxqv8

Not all keys handed out yet, don't lose hope if you haven't gotten yours yet.

Naw, I only study old dusty papers in my spare time, at my day job I code Python and sit in meetings, pretty much. I'm the life of the party.

If you have a spare NA key then I would love an excuse to stop playing this lovely Tank game.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

TheFluff posted:

Thank you goon sir, I shall cherish it always!

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

TheFluff posted:

I would like a US key, please :v:

zombie.apostate at gmail if you still have any left. Thanks!

Mirrors
Oct 25, 2007
Even though I think I'm too far down the list to end up with a key, you're doing the lords work.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

Mirrors posted:

...you're doing the lords work.

Word. Thanks TheFluff!

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Generation Internet posted:

I think I'm getting pretty good at CV gameplay, I'm consistently hitting all my attack runs and scoring at least 3 kills per game. I briefly considered trying other American ships, but I realized the thought of having a useless carrier player on my team was too painful.

That is loving ace, you can manually drop bombs right? Is it the only good way to do it?

Also sign me up as someone interested in an EU key. Been watching streams too long and I really wanna aim below the waterline :downs:

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Demiurge4 posted:

That is loving ace, you can manually drop bombs right? Is it the only good way to do it?

Yep, manual torpedoes is the way to go. They get really nasty once you start getting damage upgrades, with the 8k damage torpedoes where I'm currently at you have a potential maximum damage of 48,000 plus whatever flooding and/or burning damage you inflict. Someone was posting here earlier that the optimum strategy is to get your victim to use their repair on the first torpedo run, then hit them with dive-bombers and a second wave of torpedoes so they die to the combined ticking damage.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Don't bother manually aiming dive bombers, there's no benefit to it, just getting them to attack down the length of the ship rather than across the bow is enough

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I haven't watched any carrier players, what's the specifics of a dive bomber?

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
If you hand out all the US keys to the people in line and still have some leftovers in the end, is it okay to put myself at the bottom of the list and grab one for a friend? You can send it to andreg.95 at gmail dot com.

I play the game every day and the twitch streamers sure seem to get the eventual key even though it seems like some of them play less than me, so I thought that I'd get a key at some point to give to a friend who's been wanting to play, but nope! No keys for me. :v:

Edit: It's probably a little brazen to ask for a key for a friend who's not a goon and doesn't even come here, so feel free to ignore my request if it's not applicable in your opinion.

OSad fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Apr 1, 2015

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
They recently mentioned that they are planning AP bombs for DBs and when that comes into play then DBs might become a whole new threat. Currently they are good for setting things on fire and laugh while ships burn down after having foolishly used their repair ability too soon. Unfortunately that's their only use in the game.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Generation Internet posted:

Nice. I challenge you to keep doing that once you get the upgraded torp bombers on the ranger. :colbert:

Demiurge4 posted:

Very low damage and surprisingly poor aim but has a decent chance to start a fire.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
I'll gladly take a US key if one is going, please

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
I'd love a US key if they're still available.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Fingers crossed but I think I'm more than 20 spots down on the list.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Shamelessly asking to be put on the secondary US list. Have a friend that would love to get in on the action, if there are any surplus US codes down the road.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Demiurge4 posted:

They're faster and reload faster than torpedo bombers, they drop bombs in an oval a bit like an artillery reticle in shape, they drop what looks like a string of bombs, and they do little damage but start fires - hitting down the length of a ship means more hits and more fire chance. A ship then has to use their repair to stop the fire, leaving them open to torpedoes causing unrepairable flooding.

They're also pretty much the only way a carrier can hit a decently driven destroyer, and a full string can take a not insignificant amount of hp off of one, plus start a fire.

In the "What's coming next" article WG talked about adding armour piercing bombs to their repetoir, so they might get more useful, because atm there's really no reason to take them if you have the option of torpedo bombers unlocked instead.

KcDohl
Jun 18, 2004
LORK ON TEH CLORF
Dinosaur Gum
I've had a lot of luck with manually aimed DBs against battleships and carriers. A few games in a row I got runs of 12-15k damage over 3-4 hits + around 15k just from the fire. Still obviously not as good as the same number of torp hits, but nothing to sneeze at.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
The scary part about dive bombers is that it feels like you can only see the bombs when they're already blowing up around you. You can see the planes doing the screwdriver maneuver on top of you, but if there's an actual bomb model in the game, I have a hard time seeing it when I'm driving my ship.

TB's you can dodge. It's a little frightening when you see a squadron coming towards you but you can take steps to prevent that. Dive bombers, even though they don't do a lot of damage, they can loom right on top of your head and make the air around you start combusting. Scary to think about when they get their AP shells.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

EU key, US key. I'd happily accept either.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Honestly, I don't usually worry about the dive bombers. I probably just haven't run across anyone who actually knows how to use them yet, but they are more a minor annoyance/practice for my AA gunners. They are more scary as spotters than actual damage in the games I've played.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
I received a key. Thanks man!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

demonR6 posted:

Here's the DropBox link to the rising sun flag I made fro those that wanted it.

Where do you put the file?

E: \res_mods\0.3.0\content\gameplay\japan\misc\textures\

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
  1. raverrn (US)
  2. Kubrick (US)
  3. Winged Orpheus(US)
  4. Argas (US)
  5. McSpanky (US)
  6. PadreScout (US)
  7. Mirrors(US)
  8. The French Army (US)
  9. Trogdos!(US)
  10. gwrtheyrn(US)
  11. Tiger Crazy(US)
  12. TehKeen(US)
  13. RosaParksOfDip
  14. MisterFuzzles (US)
  15. Duckaerobics (US)
  16. Samolety(US)
  17. Innocuous(US)
  18. Infidelicious(EU)
  19. White Snipes (EU)
  20. Ghost of Mussolini (EU)
  21. Ikonoklast(EU)
  22. Vodos (EU)
  23. sc0tty (US)
  24. ZombieApostate (US)
  25. Demiurge4 (EU)
  26. Osad (US) **for a friend who isn't a goon. The shame, the shame!!!
  27. Innerguard (US)
  28. Sheep(US)
  29. Winged Orpheus
  30. Crazyeyes24 (US) **For a friend
  31. Blinks77(US/EU)

Edit: I'll just keep updating this list. If more people get keys we can try to work our way down the list 'till everyone is taken care of. Just update your older posts with the region and I'll put it on there.
If you get a key, either edit your original post or say thanks in the thread or something so I know you're taken care of.
Feel free to PM me if I screwed something up.

The lucky ones! post or PM me if you've gotten a key so I can take you off of the main list.
All hail TheFluff!
  1. Ihmemies (EU)
  2. Neferreth (EU)
  3. dominionix(EU)
  4. Tathris(EU)
  5. Jihad Joe (EU)
  6. Dravs (EU)
  7. Plankalkuel (EU)
  8. Desidera
  9. Perestroita (EU)
  10. Missing Name (US)
  11. wjs5(US)