Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Graic Gabtar posted:

To be honest although it may seem obscene to you most people making that kind of coin don't just turn up. A lot of those "rorts" are poo poo you need to set up and maintain for that earning capacity.

Please oh wise one explain to me the super secret techniques that those pyramid-building fat cats don't want you to know about! :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Gough Suppressant posted:

What's the other????

I thought it was only two of three.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Anidav posted:

Goddamnit QLD.
You're allowed to kill dogs though right?

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

cpaf posted:

Congratulations on being a civil engineer who doesn't understand the pyramid is a simple architectural concept then, I guess

Architecture =/= Construction. You don't know what you are talking about, just stop.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Exactly, we're forgoing tens of billions of dollars of revenue to encourage people to do something they were already going to do.

A pretty similar argument applies for private school funding too.
And many will be worse off - which is pretty much my original question on this whole thing. What was it 20% of people will be worse off? Doesn't sound like a compelling argument to me.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Birdstrike posted:

Please oh wise one explain to me the super secret techniques that those pyramid-building fat cats don't want you to know about! :allears:
Get a decent accountant and the secrets of taxation law will be revealed - you loving try hard.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Graic Gabtar posted:

Get a decent accountant and the secrets of taxation law will be revealed - you loving try hard.

is that a hint of emotion?? you're putting your puppetmaster reputation at risk here buddy

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

thatfatkid posted:

Architecture =/= Construction. You don't know what you are talking about, just stop.

It's no wonder you melted down when this thread pulled you up on your misogynistic attitude to Julia Gillard, you're a child

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

cpaf posted:

It's no wonder you melted down when this thread pulled you up on your misogynistic attitude to Julia Gillard, you're a child

You got called out on your lack of engineering knowledge and attack the poster. Nice.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Yeah sorry for breaking the trend in this thread of reasonable discussion lmao

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Graic Gabtar posted:

You're allowed to kill dogs though right?

I'm not sure on the legality of it but anyone who mass kills Greyhounds because they're "Not Fast Enough" is a loving cold blooded rear end in a top hat.

As you may know, I love dogs.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
guys it's me, i'm the puppet master. you can't even see the strings you're in too deep. my awesome power to control the minds of lesser beings scares and arouses even me

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

cpaf posted:

Yeah sorry for breaking the trend in this thread of reasonable discussion lmao

please take it to the pyramid and ancient monuments construction megathread

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

I'm not sure on the legality of it but anyone who mass kills Greyhounds because they're "Not Fast Enough" is a loving cold blooded rear end in a top hat.

:tinfoil:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Wizard Master posted:

WTF??? Just saw a guy on the bus who looked EXACTLY like Adolf Hitler. April Fools. It was Hitler. He's alive

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Anidav posted:

It's almost like the point where the animal breeding and gambling industries meet might be filled exclusively with subhuman garbage that merit nothing more than an icepick to the temple and a nice swim among the mangroves

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

cpaf posted:

My meltdown? My misogynistic attitude to Julia Gillard? The gently caress are you on about? Get your head checked mate.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

thatfatkid posted:

My meltdown? My misogynistic attitude to Julia Gillard? The gently caress are you on about? Get your head checked mate.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=173095

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Graic Gabtar posted:

You stuck your head out of your shoebox of receipts to say that? Haha you dunce.

For the benefit of the rest of you poors here are some of the actual secrets those fatcats don't want you to know:

- Put your money into mass marketed agricultural schemes like Great Southern, Timbercorp or any other MIS for products like... almonds. Want to help Anidav tale his nut milk to the world? This way you'll get your deductions up front and your income in 5 years. Win-win baby!

- Want mad deductions bro? Don't pay your tax to rack up fully deductible General Interest Charge.

- Being a large business will make the ATO go soft on you: http://m.smh.com.au/business/ali-noroozi-report-points-to-perception-of-ato-favouritism-for-top-end-of-town-20150303-13sqa7.html

- Australia has no death duties or estate taxes. Take full advantage of this loophole by killing you are self.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Please post specific examples of my "misogynistic attitude" towards Julia Gillard.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Animal racing should be outlawed, period. The money is dirty, the people are dirty. Everything except the dogs are dirty. The dogs don't know any better but gently caress dogs are cool and retired Greyhounds are some of the best adoptions I've heard of.

To hear this news makes me sad eternally and I have an assignment due at mid-night. I always read the news to procrastinate.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Anidav posted:

I agree it's abhorrent, but while anyone can take "Old Yeller" out to the back paddock and give him a .22 behind the ear hole legally it's just a whole lot of jumping up and down really isn't it?

If they want to get serious they would just ban loving dog racing than all this manufactured outrage.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Graic Gabtar posted:

And many will be worse off - which is pretty much my original question on this whole thing. What was it 20% of people will be worse off?
They will be worse off. They will still be the richest 20% of the population and they'll still have a comfortable retirement.

quote:

Doesn't sound like a compelling argument to me.
Sure, but you're a fuckwit so who gives a poo poo what you find compelling?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Birdstrike posted:

You stuck your head out of your shoebox of receipts to say that? Haha you dunce.

For the benefit of the rest of you poors here are some of the actual secrets those fatcats don't want you to know:

- Put your money into mass marketed agricultural schemes like Great Southern, Timbercorp or any other MIS for products like... almonds. Want to help Anidav tale his nut milk to the world? This way you'll get your deductions up front and your income in 5 years. Win-win baby!

- Want mad deductions bro? Don't pay your tax to rack up fully deductible General Interest Charge.

- Being a large business will make the ATO go soft on you: http://m.smh.com.au/business/ali-noroozi-report-points-to-perception-of-ato-favouritism-for-top-end-of-town-20150303-13sqa7.html

- Australia has no death duties or estate taxes. Take full advantage of this loophole by killing you are self.
As you seem completely flush with your own advice I say go with it.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They will be worse off. They will still be the richest 20% of the population and they'll still have a comfortable retirement.
People don't want to be worse off. I don't want to be worse off. Let's find 3 odd billion of expenditure cuts instead.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Sure, but you're a fuckwit so who gives a poo poo what you find compelling?
Hah, that was my first genuine laugh of the night - well done. Actually though, I think the major parties are often interested in what that 20% finds compelling.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

It's April and you goddamn morons are still replying to a guy whose position is essentially "Why should the ultra wealthy, who derive their wealth from exploitation of a financial and social system that others have created and funded, be obliged to also support that system to even the smallest degree? Why can't the ultra wealthy, whose ranks I aspire to join, just rape and pillage the whole earth?"

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I never thought I would say it but I'm starting to miss Mills.

:shrug:

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

hey if he comes back you can team up and be Mills and Noob

:flame:

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

It's April and you goddamn morons are still replying to a guy whose position is essentially "Why should the ultra wealthy, who derive their wealth from exploitation of a financial and social system that others have created and funded, be obliged to also support that system to even the smallest degree? Why can't the ultra wealthy, whose ranks I aspire to join, just rape and pillage the whole earth?"
That my friend is a crock of poo poo.

I am happy to pay tax. I am happy to pay more tax than most will ever pay as I'm loving lucky in the scale of things, I accept that many people around me need my help and contributing to society makes my world a safer and fairer one.

However, if you think I will happily accept a default position that I should just keep paying more and more tax as some kind or penalty before the Government evidences they are managing the money they get as well as I would expect them to then basically gently caress that.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

I'd be interested in seeing more of how you live since you apparently have also never bought a car or a phone or a computer or clothes given that we still have not yet reached the optimal 0% wastage 0% inefficiency margin on those products either, and you are clearly an ideological True Faith Warrior that would never back down or accept anything less than perfection.

So how do you handle personal hygiene? I just pay some idiot company to provide me with gas that I can use to heat some water and force it at speed through a bunch of holes in a metal pipe towards my naked, flabby body. I understand that is not an optimal solution by any means but I'm not a True Faith Warrior and I have lowered myself to the compromise. It's a sign of weakness to accept that sometimes if you want to operate in the real world you have to make compromises and go after the best possible practicable solution. I applaud your ability to reject anything less than utter perfection in every facet of your life, and would love to hear more about this magical wonderful fairytale land you inhabit.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

I'd be interested in seeing more of how you live since you apparently have also never bought a car or a phone or a computer or clothes given that we still have not yet reached the optimal 0% wastage 0% inefficiency margin on those products either, and you are clearly an ideological True Faith Warrior that would never back down or accept anything less than perfection.

So how do you handle personal hygiene? I just pay some idiot company to provide me with gas that I can use to heat some water and force it at speed through a bunch of holes in a metal pipe towards my naked, flabby body. I understand that is not an optimal solution by any means but I'm not a True Faith Warrior and I have lowered myself to the compromise. It's a sign of weakness to accept that sometimes if you want to operate in the real world you have to make compromises and go after the best possible practicable solution. I applaud your ability to reject anything less than utter perfection in every facet of your life, and would love to hear more about this magical wonderful fairytale land you inhabit.
I got about half way through that poo poo and trust me, I'm not going to bother.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Graic Gabtar posted:

I'm not going to bother.

The attitude everyone should have when you post.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

The funniest thing about whathisface's last post is that they say "I'm more than happy to pay my fair share of tax provided that the government is fiscally responsible about it" and it sounds reasonable until you discover that 'fiscally responsible' means "doesn't spend any of my money" and 'my fair share of tax' is "zero".

Sulla Faex fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Apr 1, 2015

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

The best thing about the Awful reader app is that the posts of ignored users don't show up at all. I'm back on a PC now and suddenly the thread is worse than I could have imagined. Pyramid slaves included

Also someone made a crack about how Moses was the baddie for taking his people out of Egypt and while we're on a history kick I figure I'd point out that there's absolutely no credible evidence that the Exodus ever happened and the balance of evidence + logic supports the theory that it didn't, and that the Israelites and Judaeans were nomadic shepherds who just kind of settled down over time and spent the next 1500 years chilling around and dying in villages and towns in the shadow of various regional powers

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Graic Gabtar posted:

I agree it's abhorrent, but while anyone can take "Old Yeller" out to the back paddock and give him a .22 behind the ear hole legally it's just a whole lot of jumping up and down really isn't it?

If they want to get serious they would just ban loving dog racing than all this manufactured outrage.

Well I mean, killing 50+ dogs at once is far from putting down the family dog because it accidentally killed a chicken or something. This isn't Old Yeller, this is basically cold blooded culling in the name of sport.

Who the gently caress puts down their dog in a paddock in 2015?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Anidav posted:

Don't visit the country.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I won't, I'll call them instead. :v:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Endman

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Endwho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Graic Gabtar posted:

That my friend is a crock of poo poo.

I am happy to pay tax. I am happy to pay more tax than most will ever pay as I'm loving lucky in the scale of things, I accept that many people around me need my help and contributing to society makes my world a safer and fairer one.

However, if you think I will happily accept a default position that I should just keep paying more and more tax as some kind or penalty before the Government evidences they are managing the money they get as well as I would expect them to then basically gently caress that.

What is your source of information for the Government's management of money? Are you an economist? Are you able to critically assess, evaluate and understand budgets of that size? What exactly is "fiscally responsible"? Do you even understand the phrase or are you just mouthing words you've read in the paper?

• Locked thread