Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
In the first three minutes we see a better fight, with a pretty low animation budget, than we've seen in almost of the entire run of BFT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

It was just Domon all along. :lol:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

In the first three minutes we see a better fight, with a pretty low animation budget, than we've seen in almost of the entire run of BFT.

BlizBlast is going to have an aneurism trying to name all the cameos.

I'm happy to see the Xi. And we'd better be getting a kit of the Dom R35.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Bloody Pom posted:

It was just Domon all along. :lol:

I was pleased.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I think that episode retroactively made the show better.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I laughed so hard I had to pause the video for a moment at the reveal of SUPER FUMINA.

edit: Wait, why are they at the West Qualifiers again when they should be gearing up for the World Tournament?

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 1, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I am three minutes in and this was basically my thoughts. Kampfer Amazing vs. Zaku Amazing feels like a bigger treat than almost any of the big setpiece fights from the show except for the Tryon 3 and Shia/Adou vs. Yuuma/Fumina.

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

You all have neglected the best part of the episode, though.

Dom R35 :swoon:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Sakai is such a hypergoon.

Edit: Was that some sort of dog-wizard gundam?

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Apr 1, 2015

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

LeadSled posted:

You mispelled "God Hi-Mock."

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

LeadSled posted:

Agreed.

I love how he was able to go toe to toe with Tatsuya and I want a series that's entirely about him establishing his ridiculous reputation.

I have to say: despite how boring Sekai is and how contrived most of the tournament wins were, I still think BFT is a better show than G-Reco. It's been a pretty middling season for Gundam, really, but I'm looking forward to the next Build Fighters series.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Apr 1, 2015

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
This episode is so absurd - why couldn't more of the show have been like this?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

July release. 2 HGBFs and a SDBF. The front silhouette is clearly Lightning Zeta. The one on the right is Dom R35. The SD is the one in the back; Lady's red ninja. The one on the left is Akira's custom Leopard (which also points to an HG Leopard release).

I'd bet money on a Kamiki Burning at some point, too.

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Apr 1, 2015

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Right, finally finished. Whilst the rest of the series could be middling, I'll admit this has been one of the more enjoyable episodes in either series for me. Its just... so silly and over the top, but still managing to cap on various bits of the series. Admittedly, I think some concepts it could and should have used in the series proper (ie, Sekai dropping the Build Burning for his own suit), but it was a fun finale to go out on, even if much of the appreciation is compared to how the series usually operated.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

The one on the left is Akira's custom Leopardon

I'm disappointed you edited this because I just wanted this:

to show up. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 1, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

DigitalRaven posted:

BlizBlast is going to have an aneurism trying to name all the cameos.

:suicide:

quote:

RX-75-4 Guntank (MSG)
GF13-009NF Gundam Rose (G)
NRX-055 Baund Doc (Zeta)
NRX-044 Asshimar (Zeta)
GF13-044NNP Mandala Gundam (G)
NRX-0013 Gundam Virsago (X)
RX-79BD-2 Blue Destiny Unit 2 [Nimbus] (BD)
RX-121-2 Gundam TR-1 [Hazel Owsla] (AoZ) (???)
XM-07 Vigna Ghina (F91)
PMX-003 The O (Zeta)
RMSN-008 Bertigo (X)
MSM-04 Acguy (MSG)
GT-9600 Gundam Leopard (X)
AMX-002 Neue Ziel (0083)
NRX-0015 Gundam Ashtaron (X)
MSZ-006-P2/3C Zeta Gundam P2/3C Type "Red Zeta" (Evolve)
XMA-01 Rafflesia (F91)
MSN-02 Zeong (MSG)
ZGMF-X56S/θ Destiny Impulse (SEED MSV)
RGM-109 Heavygun (F91)
RX-0 Unicorn Gundam [Destroy Mode] (Unicorn)
RX-78GP03S Gundam "Dendrobium Stamen" (0083)
RX-105 Ξ Gundam (Hathaway's Flash)

Unsurprisingly, there was a ton of poo poo I couldn't identify. Mostly SDs, but some stuff was just too drat small to make out notable details.

This thing kind of made me think of TV Wing Zero?

Uh, thing on the top looks like something from G I guess.

Too drat small to tell. A Gyan?

Is this that SD Sakai used a while back?

what

huh

Too small and too blurry.

Is this wizard Guntank?

This thing kind of made me think of 0 Gundam,

but a later shot makes it look more like a recolored Gold Frame Amatsu or something. I dunno.

:iiam:

aaaah SDs

Anyway, they really did save the entire budget for this episode, huh? It was fun enough that I didn't really care about how forced the harem romcom antics were. It, much like previous Good Episodes, felt a lot like the previous series. My only real complaint is how absolutely forced the team bit before the credits was (they interrupted some nice fights for that?) and how kind of random it was for Sekai to get paired up with Sugu at the end, but those are minor compared to the joy of seeing the Unicorn beam magnum something.

Broken Loose posted:

The one on the left is Akira's custom Leopard (which also points to an HG Leopard release).

THIS ENTIRE SHOW WAS WORTH IT

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It looks like instead of S3, we're getting two OVAs, one for each season.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Uh, thing on the top looks like something from G I guess.

How do you not recognize the Nether Gundam?

BlitzBlast posted:

This thing kind of made me think of TV Wing Zero?

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/OZX-GU01A_Gundam_Geminass_01

Lostconfused fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 1, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

This thing kind of made me think of 0 Gundam,

Pretty sure that's a Strike Gundam dude, shame on you for not guessing just from the pose.

BlitzBlast posted:

It looks like instead of S3, we're getting two OVAs, one for each season.

Oooh. What are the odds of one getting handheld to death while the other manages to quietly turn out something good?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It wasn't a bad episode out of context.It really mostly just suffers from a lack of attachment to a lot of the characters. Everyone in this episode and vivid and well-animated and had distinct personalities and if I'd like the characters a bit more I'm pretty sure I'd have been all-in on the episode. As it stands I sort of enjoyed it but not as much as the Gunpla Festival episode in the first series which this was clearly a homage to.

That said Super Fumina's a pretty gross joke and kind of makes me like Sakai less. I'm glad the show even called him out on how gross it is through the flawless Gunpla voice of Meijin Kawaguchi though.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

That is most definitely not the Strike's shield or beam rifle. It also seems to have beam sabers on the back, which is another big no no.

And I guess this second shot is just something else entirely.

Lostconfused posted:

How do you not recognize the Nether Gundam?

Oh wow, I totally forgot the turbine went to the bottom like that.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That episode was :catdrugs:, the entire show should have been like it.
Hell, the Kamiki Burning should have been the normal Try burning; the sword would have fixed 90% of the punch-only stuff.

At least it seems likely the gunpla gods are making that Dom R35. :swoon:

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
It was actually a Perfect Zeong, which is a disappointment because I wanted to see the Zeo Zeong.

Seriously, though, at this point I'm expecting to see something out of loving Doozy Bots.

There's no way this is a Touki. It looks like a different colored version of the Musha rendition of the G-Armor.

I think this is a Butaihei.

That Guntank wizard is bothering me, because I TOTALLY SHOULD KNOW what it is.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Gundam Build Fighters Try, Episode 25: The Meijin is truly our lord and saviour.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Broken Loose posted:

That Guntank wizard is bothering me, because I TOTALLY SHOULD KNOW what it is.

It is just literally Guntank The Priest from the SD Gundam games, isn't it?

Edit:

yep.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

That is most definitely not the Strike's shield or beam rifle. It also seems to have beam sabers on the back, which is another big no no.

And I guess this second shot is just something else entirely.

Oh wow, I totally forgot the turbine went to the bottom like that.

We're both wrong.

After another look, I think it's the Unicorn with the RX-78-02 colour scheme from the ones on display at the start of the episode. That second shot's probably either a different machine or off-model because the paint scheme's not the same in the slightest.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I like how consistently Kei is not just a jobber but also has bad taste in mobile armors.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

I like how consistently Kei is not just a jobber but also has bad taste in mobile armors.

C'mon, the Rafflesia is pretty rad, especially when it's in motion.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
I must know this. What is Char Aznable gundam based off?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

sunburnedcrow posted:

I think it's just the plain old RX-78-02.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

sunburnedcrow posted:

It's 85% of a GM, Sazabi's head, and Sinanju's torso.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Hahahaha, Sleggar's model is called the Gundam Leopardo Da Vinci.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Welp, animated XI Gundam. Best series hands down for all time. In all seriousness though this was a good episode and I think it sets a pace for how good the series could have been and what I want from whatever next series we get. I just want dumb rear end gunpla having cool rear end fights.

Also hell yeah domon. Kinda disappointed it wasn't a shinn or kallen knockoff to play on the old fan joke but whatever. Still rad.

SethSeries fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 1, 2015

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oooh. What are the odds of one getting handheld to death while the other manages to quietly turn out something good?

The S1 OVA is directed by the S1 director, so its going to be just fine.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Hahahaha, Sleggar's model is called the Gundam Leopardo Da Vinci.

:allears:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

As usual, Sekai was the worst part of an otherwise great episode, and while I saw the Sakai's gunpla gag coming a mile away it was still funny and perfect for him. The meijins also remain the best and their exhibition in the first minute and a half was better than like 90% of the fights in the series. Why couldn't the rest of the show have been like this episode?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

chumbler posted:

As usual, Sekai was the worst part of an otherwise great episode, and while I saw the Sakai's gunpla gag coming a mile away it was still funny and perfect for him. The meijins also remain the best and their exhibition in the first minute and a half was better than like 90% of the fights in the series. Why couldn't the rest of the show have been like this episode?

It's over now. Our long nightmare is over.

When do they announce the new Gundam series?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

It took me a bit, but I realized what this episode basically is. It's the gunpla equivalent of episode 26 of Excel Saga. The only pity is is that it only came up to par with an average Build Fighters episode instead of really letting loose with the gunpla absurdity.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

It's over now. Our long nightmare is over.

When do they announce the new Gundam series?

We're getting an OAV for both BF shows and the next episode of The Origin but I wouldn't expect to hear about a new Gundam show for another few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

You know, I think I laughed more at that episode than the rest of Try. And it felt good, frankly it moved the series from a 7/10 in my head to an 8, just because it was so much fun to watch. Hopefully the OVAs are Build Fighters S1 side and Try side's points of view as they go up the world tournament.

• Locked thread