Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh my god you're angry because the guys in FF15 are cool and have friends and nice clothes, and as soon as they're not morose whiners you can't identify with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Crono is my favorite JRPG protagonist and I'm not sure he even mopes once. He just does a weird squat and pumps his fist. Like me!!!
Lurdiak is angry because he hates when Asian men in media are given speaking roles.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
WaifusAreUseless

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

why are we salty about the new FF, did they stop making it about dudes riding around attacking dinosaurs

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

why are we salty about the new FF, did they stop making it about dudes riding around attacking dinosaurs
I have no idea, but I can tell you this: people get wound up like they have a See Post --> Freak Out gambit equipped.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Crono is my favorite JRPG protagonist and I'm not sure he even mopes once. He just does a weird squat and pumps his fist. Like me!!!

This is the anime video game equivalent of "my black friend agrees with me, so how can it be racist?"

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Adam Bowen posted:

This is the anime video game equivalent of "my black friend agrees with me, so how can it be racist?"

lmao

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Final Fantasy 15 looks fun to play. You run around bantering and then see baddies, run up to the baddies and do a cool combo on them with your sword that somehow ends with a heavy blow with a spear you pulled out your rear end. The shadow warp thing is a terrific idea, I like the monster designs and I also like the way resting in a tent gives you buffs and resting at an inn gives you different buffs.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

Not liking japanese boy bands and haute couture doesnt mean im against anime. And i'm only really opposed to it because it's a super boring aesthetic for a series that used to be known for colorful character designs and grandiose settings. I'd have the same reaction if they were all wearing denim and cowboy hats, although that would at least be funny.
Wait, do you think Shonen Knife is a boy band?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Wait, do you think Shonen Knife is a boy band?
I just realized I confused the band Shonen Knife and the magazine Shonen Jump. Kurt Cobain would not approve.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

CJacobs posted:

WaifusAreUseless

I like FactsAreUseless, he works hard to be a shining example for the terrible lp community, he updates his pokemon lp regularly

I'll bet his next update is coming soon!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lurdiak posted:

Not liking japanese boy bands and haute couture doesnt mean im against anime. And i'm only really opposed to it because it's a super boring aesthetic for a series that used to be known for colorful character designs and grandiose settings. I'd have the same reaction if they were all wearing denim and cowboy hats, although that would at least be funny.

They don't wear those clothes for the entire game.

Do you forget Lightning Returns?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I really think the only reason new FF games post 12 don't look appealing to me is that I am aware that I won't have the time to devote to learning the new one when I could just play the ones I've already played and liked again. The new one doesn't look interesting to me, nor did 13.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Lightning Returns is a legitimately good RPG and pulls a Metal Gear Solid 4 to make sense of all the bullshit in the previous games.

13-2 tried to emulate the previous final fantasies but it's bogged down by so much bullshit both ingame(i.e. getting all 160 shards) and story(nothing makes sense ever or is retconned). Not even Chocobo raising and racing could svae the game.

13 is just very very very average and becomes a slog later in the game.

Just play Lightning Returns and you can get the gist of what happens in the previous 2 games.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
a game with a fishing raid boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVcCkuiytvc

it took them 1 hour to find it and 2 hours to kill it

lol

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Third World Reggin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVcCkuiytvc

it took them 1 hour to find it and 2 hours to kill it

lol

that's not even a boss monster looking type whale, it's just a regular whale.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Lightning Returns is a legitimately good RPG and pulls a Metal Gear Solid 4 to make sense of all the bullshit in the previous games.

So it tells a very boring story and actively ruins what was interesting about the rest of the franchise?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lurdiak posted:

So it tells a very boring story and actively ruins what was interesting about the rest of the franchise?

There was nothing interesting about the first two 13 games. Like They save Cocoon in the first game but in the second game it's in trouble again and it's never clearly explained on what the gently caress happened until lightning returns anyways.

Like You would expect 13-2 being a direct sequel to 13 would explain what happened. But no they add-in time travel which was a nice feature but it would have been better served in a Chrono Trigger game because you have like 6 alternate endings you have to get before the final perfect ending, and the final perfect ending is just the villain go MUWAHAHA YOU PLAYED INTO MY HANDS ALL ALONG!. The regular ending is also just an exact copy of End of Evangelion, complete with an illfitting vocal song as everything goes to poo poo.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 31, 2015

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Oh, that's weird. You're weird

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

I just realized I confused the band Shonen Knife and the magazine Shonen Jump.

And we're the racists

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Looper posted:

Oh, that's weird. You're weird

no, the guys who want to gently caress yoshi are weird :smugbert:

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Third World Reggin posted:

mmos are bad games.

unrelated but this video game makes me a happy person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Cec652wTI

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

audiosurf is a great game :nws:http://webmup.com/27054/:nws:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gas this turd GBS chat thread, come back home Bae

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

Gas this turd GBS chat thread, come back home Bae
Actually, I think is the fourth, not the turd.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

There was nothing interesting about the first two 13 games. Like They save Cocoon in the first game but in the second game it's in trouble again and it's never clearly explained on what the gently caress happened until lightning returns anyways.

Like You would expect 13-2 being a direct sequel to 13 would explain what happened. But no they add-in time travel which was a nice feature but it would have been better served in a Chrono Trigger game because you have like 6 alternate endings you have to get before the final perfect ending, and the final perfect ending is just the villain go MUWAHAHA YOU PLAYED INTO MY HANDS ALL ALONG!. The regular ending is also just an exact copy of End of Evangelion, complete with an illfitting vocal song as everything goes to poo poo.

haha you're a retard for knowing all this

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

MinibarMatchman posted:

I beat all three games.

I still need to beat 12 though but I got distracted by many Dark Souls games which I wound up just going through before I realized I was at the end of the games. They're like Mt Everest where you just keep going and going and going and you don't even realize you're at the top when you first get there.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't think I ever beat 12. At the end, you basically just hunt forever until you're done playing. I suppose beating it would involve killing that emperor guy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

I don't think I ever beat 12. At the end, you basically just hunt forever until you're done playing. I suppose beating it would involve killing that emperor guy.
Vayne did nothing wrong.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe

MinibarMatchman posted:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

April Fool's is time for pranks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zePaKWzw6mo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Liquid Penguins posted:

because of FFXIII, FFXIII-II, and FFXIII-III

Lightning Returns was so good

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Lightning Returns is worth getting and I'm going to watch people start to give a poo poo about this game once it appears on steam and they're gonna be like "oh new steam game with pretty graphics I must purchase this"

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

That horrible feeling of shock and loss in the pit of your stomach? That's your body letting you know that your taint has just been reaped. Semper games.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
where are the epic april Fools jokes??????????

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Excels posted:

where are the epic april Fools jokes??????????

this is a good thread

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

They're making a remake of final fantasy 7 but it will star lightning now

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Heres an april fool joke... knock knock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

corn in the bible posted:

Lightning Returns was so good