Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Holy poo poo, Gig Harbor has one like half an hour away. But is D-BOX better than IMAX?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Dude. :stare:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I thought I saw Nathan Jones in there and sure enough, as a guy with the best name: Rictus Erectus.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Philip J Fry posted:

Holy poo poo, Gig Harbor has one like half an hour away. But is D-BOX better than IMAX?

I think it uses the same screen it just also has moving seats.

Or at the very least it has a very big screen.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It looks like the Borderlands movie which is half the reason I'm going. The other half is it looks amazing.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
A friend of mine is irrationally angry about the flamethrower guitar and won't see the movie because of it.

:iiam:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dillbag posted:

A friend of mine is irrationally angry about the flamethrower guitar and won't see the movie because of it.

That is not the kind of person you want to have as a friend :colbert:

That trailer is so loving cool. I am totally seeing that on release day.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So is this entire movie a giant chase sequence (with what sounds like Warhammer Orks)?

Because I'm down.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dillbag posted:

Get better friends.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
And this is a guy who has been to at least half a dozen Gwar shows and worked on half a dozen Uwe Boll films.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

GrandpaPants posted:

So is this entire movie a giant chase sequence (with what sounds like Warhammer Orks)?

Because I'm down.

Yes. He literally said "I want to make a 110 minute chase sequence."

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Dillbag posted:

There is nothing that wouldn't be improved with a flamethrower guitar

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Mad Max is looking soooo loving tight.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
George Miller has had a hell of a career.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Like, that movie can literally just be a two hour extended version of the trailer and all of my expectations would be met.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BonoMan posted:

Like, that movie can literally just be a two hour extended version of the trailer and all of my expectations would be met.

Everything I've read is that the movie is basically that.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Not a traditional trailer per se, but a great 3 minute compilation (done for GoPro) of behind the scene footage of Furious 7's stunts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-_UDxC2ot8

Goddamn.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

computer parts posted:

My D-Box theatre only seems to be a handful of seats in a regular theatre but the tickets cost the same as IMAX. Looked at it for Furious 7 but didn't bother in the end.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Since I so often end up spoiling movies for myself by watching every trailer over and over I decided that I'd try watching nothing for Mad Max and go in totally blind. You guys are making it pretty hard though!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Whoolighams posted:

Since I so often end up spoiling movies for myself by watching every trailer over and over I decided that I'd try watching nothing for Mad Max and go in totally blind. You guys are making it pretty hard though!

The movie destroyed a desert but man it looks pretty.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

computer parts posted:

No, it's a regular screen in a regular cinema with a number of seats that move and have force feedback. I saw Battleship in a D-Box seat and it's actually pretty loving great when you're feeling the recoil from the guns. A total gimmick, of course, but my it's fun.

The best thing about D-Box is that each seat has to be activated individually to stop people paying for a regular ticket and swapping to an empty D-Box seat without paying the premium. Except the seats aren't activated - they're armed.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Yeah. That's a fantastic trailer. drat.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Catch a ride...

The D Train

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PzB1Feeocw

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jedit posted:

No, it's a regular screen in a regular cinema with a number of seats that move and have force feedback. I saw Battleship in a D-Box seat and it's actually pretty loving great when you're feeling the recoil from the guns. A total gimmick, of course, but my it's fun.

The best thing about D-Box is that each seat has to be activated individually to stop people paying for a regular ticket and swapping to an empty D-Box seat without paying the premium. Except the seats aren't activated - they're armed.

I can attest to D-Box being awesome and worth the price for action movies. I watched TMNT and the 2nd Hobbit movie. Both really immerse you into the action and camera movements. If 3D works on you (it doesnt on my eyes) then I can see it being even more intense.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Poltergeist remake trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyuZQtUrVm4

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I saw this before It Follows and I just feel kind of :geno: about it.

I don't have a problem with remakes in general, but I don't see the point of this movie at all. It looks like the exact same movie but with modern special effects and more jump-scare type of moments.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ehud posted:

I saw this before It Follows and I just feel kind of :geno: about it.

I don't have a problem with remakes in general, but I don't see the point of this movie at all. It looks like the exact same movie but with modern special effects and more jump-scare type of moments.
That's exactly why they're making it. Nobody wants to watch an old movie! I mean, why would you? IT'S OLD!!!!!!!

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Haven't seen it posted yet, but there's a new trailer for Straight Outta Compton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5r5cZk0EfY

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

I'm I the only one who doesn't understand what's going on in this trailer? I really don't understand the conflict. Is it trying to imply that something happened between them in LA? Is there supposed to be a big twist or or something? If not, I really don't understand the second half of the trailer. It's like they are trying to outline the conflict, but left out the most important detail of what the conflict is about.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

confused posted:

I'm I the only one who doesn't understand what's going on in this trailer? I really don't understand the conflict. Is it trying to imply that something happened between them in LA? Is there supposed to be a big twist or or something? If not, I really don't understand the second half of the trailer. It's like they are trying to outline the conflict, but left out the most important detail of what the conflict is about.

I had the same reaction. The problems that apparently develop with James Marsden coming to the reunion in the second half are weirdly vague.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

confused posted:

This is a real apt post/name combination.

Also yes, the second half of that trailer definitely lost me.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Maybe they slept together?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

bows1 posted:

Maybe they slept together?

It does have a gay panic vibe to it. Makes some sense that they'd obscure that, to avoid discomforting people, but the Hangover series was willing to go full-bore on it, for better or worse.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

International trailer for Fantastic Four, with some new scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GipL8pbRb0

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Bland CGI: The Movie. That trailer could be for any Marvel movie, they're completely indistinguishable from each other these days.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I don't think this has been in the thread Ron Perlman, Dolph Lundgren, Tony Ja, Peter Weller

80s movie Skin Trade and yes, I will watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6bebVIJj_A

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ozmunkeh posted:

Bland CGI: The Movie. That trailer could be for any Marvel movie, they're completely indistinguishable from each other these days.

That's a Fox movie, not a Marvel movie BTW

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Dexo posted:

That's a Fox movie, not a Marvel movie BTW

if by Marvel movie we mean a movie based on a Marvel comic, then it's a Marvel movie.

Kate Mara's the only one of the four i'm not familiar with, but this appears to be one of those sad cases where everyone in the cast deserves better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

ozmunkeh posted:

I know, right? I could barely tell The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy apart!

• Locked thread