Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Subjunctive posted:

a nice tax loss harvest

e: (depending on when they bought it I think 65-80M)

Roughly speaking, September 30th.

http://n4bb.com/ontario-teachers-pension-plan-buys-7-8-million-blackberry-shares/

quote:

BlackBerry’s turnaround efforts appear to be gaining a signal of confidence from the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan. The retirement fund purchased almost 7.8 million shares of BlackBerry Ltd. in the third quarter.

The Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan is now a top 10 holder 8.23 million shares as of Sept. 30. From yesterday’s closing stock price, their 1.6 per cent stake is valued at about $84.5 million USD.

BlackBerry’s CEO, John Chen, has diligently worked to build a rescue plan for the company. Over the past year under Chen’s watch, BlackBerry has outsourced manufacturing, sold real estate and focused on core business customers as he aims to start making a profit by FY2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Canadian Member of Parliament poses with new Blackberry, March 30th 2015

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
is that radical wayne?

i literally cannot tell these mustachioed old white men apart

but don't you talk poo poo about radical wayne

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

it's Peter Stoffer, who also owns

Radical Wayne is an MPP, not an MP.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Saw a guy using a Passport in the elevator of my new condo.

That business-doing mover and shaker is on a lower floor than me :shepface:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Pinterest Mom posted:

it's Peter Stoffer, who also owns

Radical Wayne is an MPP, not an MP.

i am shamed.

anyone who calls rob anders a dickhead in front of the press is cool by me bby or no

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

THC posted:

Saw a guy using a Passport in the elevator of my new condo.

That business-doing mover and shaker is on a lower floor than me :shepface:

are you both in toronto

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

are you both in toronto

van.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

are you both in toronto

in canada everyone lives in toronto

anyone who says otherwise is ashamed of their heritage

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

infernal machines posted:

this is what people in Toronto think and it's why even for Canadians they're insufferable

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

ahmeni posted:

this is what people in Toronto think and it's why even for Canadians they're insufferable
welp we now have The Two Canadian Opinions itt, i guess canadachat is over forever

canadian identity is literally poison (much like tim horton's coffee-like drink and molson canadian malted barley style beverage)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I was in Canada once, it was okay

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
death to nationalism

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

The Management posted:

I was in Canada once, it was okay

clearly you visited in summer

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

that's where I last saw bby use in the wild

it was summer and the weather was v nice btw

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

ahmeni posted:

what people who've never been in Toronto say. it's the only decent city in the country.

(i wish I lived there)

gently caress their sports teams though

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

clearly you visited in summer

but not August, if Toronto

fall and spring are the best seasons east of the Rockies and west of NB

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

but not August, if Toronto

fall and spring are the best seasons east of the Rockies and west of NB

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
pro-TO or anti-TO or whatever else, i think we can all agree that the Lunney meltdown is spectacular and that's what really unites canada as a people

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Kenny Logins posted:

pro-TO or anti-TO or whatever else, i think we can all agree that the Lunney meltdown is spectacular and that's what really unites canada as a people

quote:

Maybe because I have Irish in me and I do not like to be bullied.

perfect

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

he's from kitchener too, the perfect rim tie-in

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

it's been spring in Vancouver since mid February and it's been great. I love hearing all these stories about people who live east of here getting feet of snow while I can wear shorts.

west coast best coast

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

how bout that glo-bull warming scam

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

eh sometimes all the rain misses Hawaii and hits us instead

it was a weird winter

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Number19 posted:

west coast best coast

you can just say best coast

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Kenny Logins posted:

i have irish in me, which makes no difference because i refuse to believe in hereditary traits

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

A Pinball Wizard posted:

i have irish in me, which makes no difference because i refuse to believe in hereditary traits

wow a bit stubborn are we

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Dislike button posted:

probably drunk

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dislike button posted:

careful, he might want to fight

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
keep going. I am un ruffled. cool as a cuke. check and mate darwinists

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

canadachat: today at dinner we were discussing how easy it is to get to toronto from chicago on porter and realized it makes a great weekend getaway

congrats toronto

to chicagoans you've been equated with door county

i visited toronto a few years ago tho it was really nice. will definitely be back. probably for a weekend trip to sample your fine cuban rums

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

toronto is the worst place in canada

except for all the other places in canada

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

also you need some context

toronto is the most multicultural city in canada, the population is over 50% immigrants

when people outside of toronto say they hate toronto, it's actually because they're racist hicks and hate dem furriners

just wait for a vancouverite to pop in and say something incredibly racist about chinese people...

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

toronto seems a lot like vancouver but with worse weather and transportation. and no ocean. garbage really

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
toronto aka tv america

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

toronto is the most multicultural city in canada, the population is over 50% immigrants

when people outside of toronto say they hate toronto, it's actually because they're racist hicks and hate dem furriners

just wait for a vancouverite to pop in and say something incredibly racist about chinese people...

nah, trust me, it's not the foreigners

if you think that's why people hate Toronto, you must be from Toronto

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

lmao at this idiot
people hate your garbage city full of white assholes, somehow filling it half with immigrants has just made the remainder shittier people
vancouver owns and I'd sure as gently caress still be there if the cost of living wasn't piss

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:qq:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

immigrants as in non-whites, or immigrants as in non-canadians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

immigrants as in non-whites, or immigrants as in non-canadians?

non-canadians or first-generation canadian immigrants, although a very high proportion of them are non-white too

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 3, 2015

• Locked thread