Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

rifles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbCT4Cx7PeY

Imagine if the dialogue could be this convincing from every actor in every episode

You think you're black?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Boris Galerkin posted:

Why is Morgan such a popular character here? He was in like 1 episode in the first season and one where he was batshit crazy.

I personally like Morgan because, as mentioned, he's a good actor and he sometimes reminds me of his character in Jericho, which is/was one of my favorite shows. The recent staff thing is pretty goofy, but I guess in a world where the zombie skulls get thinner from episode to episode, it's not the worst weapon to learn how to use. I'm sure he's had plenty of time to practice. Besides, it's not as if everyone else in the main cast of characters isn't ridiculously, unrealistically proficient using their weapons of choice either.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Morgan to me is the last remaining thread to the real world and anything good about it. And I mean even before this episode and his talks about grace. He just seemed to be the one thing that connected Rick back to the world before he became what he is now. Even if Rick didn't know it and it was through a heavy dose of Dramatic Irony. He was the one thing we could all sort of hang on to. Which actually kind of makes me nervous for reintroducing him as an actual character and not these trace little easter eggs.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

So... thoughts about this?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Murphy Brownback posted:

I personally like Morgan because, as mentioned, he's a good actor and he sometimes reminds me of his character in Jericho, which is/was one of my favorite shows. The recent staff thing is pretty goofy, but I guess in a world where the zombie skulls get thinner from episode to episode, it's not the worst weapon to learn how to use. I'm sure he's had plenty of time to practice. Besides, it's not as if everyone else in the main cast of characters isn't ridiculously, unrealistically proficient using their weapons of choice either.

Same here. Every time he was on screen I kept thinking how much I miss Jericho. Nuts!

Johnny Truant posted:

Awwww hell naw. Why didn't they just cast Henry Rollins, whom the character is physically modeled after (according to Charlie Adlard himself)?!

Edit: goddammit, I forgot what the date is today.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 1, 2015

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Johnny Truant posted:

april 1st?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Pharmaskittle posted:

And yes, there are no remotely threatening black men on the show because middle America is still really loving afraid of black men in general so they all have to be harmless to be palatable. This is basic American media 101 stuff and not isolated to this show.

Wow. Please stop posting.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
even for a joke april fools article that thing is a piece of poo poo

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Has anyone thought that Rick should be an apocalypse rapper as Alexandria's DJ/ Entertainer and call himself Rick Rhymes?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

boom boom boom posted:

It wasn't about Sweater Guy, it was about the dynamics of the situation. The dumb, naive town finally sees juat a little bit of horror and Lady Mayor immediately falls in line with Rick's thinking.

Actually I think it was her losing her son a day or two earlier and now losing her husband she obviously loved to the hands of a guy rick had already tried to get dealt with and tried to deal with. She knew the guy was trouble, yet never did anything beyond a slap on the wrist to control or fix it.
Of course no body ever does anything weird in the heat of a moment when tragedy destroys their lives

Binary Logic posted:

I can't figure out why he was in such a big hurry to walk away from his post.

You missed the whole line he delivered at the same time about not wanting to be late to the meeting?

Pops Ghostly posted:

dis show are racist!

Yet there are black women, one who is rather masculine mentally, and another who went from some poor bitch to super sniper.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 1, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Has anyone thought that Rick should be an apocalypse rapper as Alexandria's DJ/ Entertainer and call himself Rick Rhymes?

This should be the actual spinoff instead of whatever they have planned.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
aw yeah CHAIN WHIP, YOU GO CROSSBOW DUDE

also lol christ, tv-show rick grimes has about the same tact as a bulldozer, but i guess it kinda works

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Who's died more,

Black people, or Little White Girls?

Sasha, Meeka, Beth (borderline), Carols Daughter, Judith can't be too far off.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
Sasha is only dead inside, does she really count?

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Sasha is like halfsies so she's probably most at risk

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

GreyPowerVan posted:

This should be the actual spinoff instead of whatever they have planned.

Post apocalypse deli called: Ricks Reubens :allears:

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Hexel posted:

Post apocalypse sushi bar: "Rick's Rolls"

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Post apocalypse cleaning store: Rick's Rhoombas?

I could see a different one each episode... Please AMC :allears:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

GrAviTy84 posted:

Post apocalypse sushi bar: "Rick's Rolls"

He should cut the sushi with his red handled machete.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Who's died more,

Black people, or Little White Girls?

Sasha, Meeka, Beth (borderline), Carols Daughter, Judith can't be too far off.

Just so we are clear, this is Sasha

She does not belong in a list of dead little white girls because she is an alive adult black woman.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Antifreeze Head posted:

She does not belong in a list of dead little white girls because she is an alive adult black woman.

Yeah, I meant the girl who isn't Meeka :negative: Google says it's Lizzie.

Obviously i had a brain fart as I took the name I knew (Meeka), and couldn't remember the other one. My Cats' names are Sasha and Meeka, and my brain obviously replaced information as needed.

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
Don't forget all the people the Governor gunned down, or the Woodbury survivors that fell with the Prison. There's a lot of dead white girls.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Don't forget all the people the Governor gunned down, or the Woodbury survivors that fell with the Prison. There's a lot of dead white girls.

Yea but shouldn't we have a qualifier for the ones we are happy to have died (Andrea, Lori).

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

xxEightxx posted:

Yea but shouldn't we have a qualifier for the ones we are happy to have died (Andrea, Lori).

:v: reverse racism :v:

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Finally caught up on the finale, question: Why did the zombie that gets in the improperly locked gate, the one that attacks Rick as everyone is at the counsel, (A) why did it's eyes explode and really violently barf when Rick stabbed it under the chin and (B) how did he not get infected when all that fluid landed right in his eyes, mouth, face, etc?

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Grin and Tonic posted:

Finally caught up on the finale, question: Why did the zombie that gets in the improperly locked gate, the one that attacks Rick as everyone is at the counsel, (A) why did it's eyes explode and really violently barf when Rick stabbed it under the chin and (B) how did he not get infected when all that fluid landed right in his eyes, mouth, face, etc?

A)it wasn't stabbed. Rick buried his pistol up under its chin and used its skull/brain matter as a suppressor.

B)Because zombie genre isn't sci fi and doesn't make sense if you try to make it be. They're all already infected. Why would a bite cause anything different? Is it a different infection? If it's a different infection why do they turn after they die normally? All these questions are why zombie sci fi is ridiculously stupid and they should not ever talk about origins.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Antifreeze Head posted:

And she don't need no man.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

GrAviTy84 posted:

A)it wasn't stabbed. Rick buried his pistol up under its chin and used its skull/brain matter as a suppressor.

B)Because zombie genre isn't sci fi and doesn't make sense if you try to make it be. They're all already infected. Why would a bite cause anything different? Is it a different infection? If it's a different infection why do they turn after they die normally? All these questions are why zombie sci fi is ridiculously stupid and they should not ever talk about origins.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

GrAviTy84 posted:

Had that argument with my girlfriend the other day. She was saying she hopes the spinoff covers how the infection came about. I said it doesn't matter, because if you're looking for logic there cannot be any - long running zombies are impossible, and anyone who is really interested in how it happens will be unsatisfied with any answer they come up with. Remember the people who wanted explanations for the Smoke Monster in Lost? Trying to explain everything will go over about as well as that did.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

visual AIDS for zombieheadsilencer http://imgur.com/a/fpmyi

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I know he had a gun and all that, but it would have been so much cooler if he caused that with his bare hands (minus the gunshot flash of coarse).

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Ah, okay, it's kinda dark during that part so I thought I saw a knife handle, but I guess it was part of the gun. Thanks!

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Grin and Tonic posted:

Ah, okay, it's kinda dark during that part so I thought I saw a knife handle, but I guess it was part of the gun. Thanks!

yeah I had to rewatch that scene because I didn't get it at first either.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
By the way, did anyone think rick was going to lose his hand from Porch-Dick-Pete's katana madness?

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013
Finally caught up on the finale. Honestly this season has been lackluster, but the last two episodes were awesome. I really hope this spinoff isn't some dumb poo poo origins story.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Marshmallow Blue posted:

By the way, did anyone think rick was going to lose his hand from Porch-Dick-Pete's katana madness?

No.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Not really. Kirkman has said in interviews that he kind of regrets chopping off rick's hand in the comics because even though it showed the ruthlessness of the governor it's been a pain in the rear end to deal with for the rest of the time and that they didn't want to have to deal with it with such a central main character for the run of the show. Which is why they gave it to merle.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

GrAviTy84 posted:

Not really. Kirkman has said in interviews that he kind of regrets chopping off rick's hand in the comics because even though it showed the ruthlessness of the governor it's been a pain in the rear end to deal with for the rest of the time and that they didn't want to have to deal with it with such a central main character for the run of the show. Which is why they gave it to merle.

And let's not forget the special effects disaster that was.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
I miss Merle and his 5 foot arm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Hexel posted:

Shh, no one can know the real reason black men die.
they're the secret ingredient in rick's club sandwhiches

• Locked thread