Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

CommieGIR posted:

Its about not spewing lovely bro culture all over racing movies.

I'm not sure i'd even consider them racing movies at this point. 4 had them battling drug lords, 5 was more of a heist movie, and 6 had them taking down a cargo plane and defeating an evil gang. And 7 features supercars jumping between skyscrapers.

They quit being racing movies around Tokyo Drift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Just got out of a training seminar for electrical diag where the instructor pretty much spent the entire time making GBS threads on Chrysler. It was amazing. "I went to school in Michigan and a lot of my friends ended up as Chrysler engineers. If you ever wondered what these guys were smoking, I can tell you personally it was a lot of it. " Cue talking about 02 sensors in that instead of fixing their terrible grounding problems they have had for ever, they just adjust the voltage bias. And then the cummins - dodge throttle fiasco.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 1, 2015

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Preoptopus posted:

Just got out of a training seminar for electrical diag where the instructor pretty much spent the entire time making GBS threads on Chrysler. It was amazing. "I went to school in Michigan and a lot of my friends ended up as Chrysler engineers. If you ever wondered what these guys were smoking, I can tell you personally it was a lot of it. " Cue talking about 02 sensors in that instead of fixing their terrible grounding problems they have had for ever, they just adjust the voltage bias. And then the cummins - dodge throttle fiasco.

Can't be as bad as the idiotic TPS design on RENIX era jeeps. Renault/bendix did the ECU, Aisin did the TCU and tranny. They didn't talk about it enough and one company went with 0-5v analog for the TPS while the other went with 5-0v analog.

:what:

Yeah.

So they made a dual TPS for the automatics only, one side runs the ECU the other runs the TCU.

The single, manual TPS is 100+ dollars while the more common dual auto TPS is like 35.

... and jeep owners quickly realized that you can use an auto TPS on a mantrans vehicle and just not plug the second half in, saving 70+ dollars.

Chrysler actually simplified that and made their SBEC ECU work with the same TPS signal that the TCU wanted. The TPS signal has been the same auto vs manual ever since.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

some texas redneck posted:

Wait, why are there not individual keys to each storage unit?

There is, but the area that houses them are accessible to everyone with any condo key.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

A lot of condos have one key to get to the "storage unit room" and then each "storage unit" is a flimsy chain link prison cell with a lovely dollar store lock that you have individual keys to. If you can get ahold of the key to the "storage unit room" you can basically go about your business with impunity; usually there's no cameras. If anyone stumbles into the rarely-used storage room and asks you what you're doing you can just point to one of the storage units you've already busted into and pretend it's yours while making trips out to your truck in the parkade.

They busted some guy here just this week who'd been out of jail for about a month. He went around ripping off storage units and had accumulated $350,000 worth of stuff from said thefts already by the time the cops rolled up to ask him why he was punching his girlfriend in the middle of the street.

Yeah, something like that. It hasn't been too bad lately, bikes (regardless of real or percieved value) seems to be the magnet.

Black88GTA posted:

So I saw one of these today in the wild:

I run into one of those occasionally, oftentimes registered as a commercial van(!) for the tax break.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Black88GTA posted:

:aaaaa: My first thought was that it was a really well done conversion, but I looked it up and according to C&D, it's factory and there were 1602 sold in the US between 2005 - 2008. I guess I learned something today.

e: Yeah, the X-type wasn't the most awesome car, but I have a bit of a soft spot for oddities v:shobon:v

I've done an oil change and tune up on one of those, I had no idea they were that rare here, although now that I think about it I've only seen maybe one other on the road ever. Neat.

It was nice but aren't they basically just a Taurus with AWD underneath?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Black88GTA posted:

I've never seen one of those. It looks like they didn't even bother changing anything except the front clip and wheels vs a Taurus wagon. :barf: That's just... ugly.

Maybe if they actually added some swoop to the rear..

bolind posted:

I run into one of those occasionally, oftentimes registered as a commercial van(!) for the tax break.

How do you register a wagon as a van? :psyduck:

Terrible Robot posted:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

1.4 INCH DICK posted:

entertainment

I know it comes with the ups and downs of your life but god drat your constant name changes and titles crack me the gently caress up. I hope it helps you feel better even for just a second knowing I start chuckling all over again when I see one of your posts.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My wife found out that toy poodles aren't ugly little shits as long as you don't shave their face and if you find a red one they look a lot like $3000 mini GoldenDoodles

they cost $400 so we're apparently getting on in May which I'm kind of looking forward to

I'm still trying to convince her to let me get an irish wolfhound named tdhg

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

some texas redneck posted:

How do you register a wagon as a van? :psyduck:

Oh, we'll get to that when I get a bit of time. Watch my thread.

My usual parts pusher had a pretty cool April's Fool email:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Tusen Takk posted:

My wife found out that toy poodles aren't ugly little shits as long as you don't shave their face and if you find a red one they look a lot like $3000 mini GoldenDoodles

they cost $400 so we're apparently getting on in May which I'm kind of looking forward to

Do it. My neighbors have a wolfhound, and it is an awesome dog.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm still trying to convince her to let me get an irish wolfhound named tádhg

Tell your wife to just get a drat rescue

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Terrible Robot posted:

Second Generation Ford Mondeo, not Taurus, but close enough. There was also a 2.1lt V6 model that was FWD. Sir William Lyons must have been spinning in his grave

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

My ex girlfriend's family have a toy poodle. It was the most annoying dog I've ever known. It wasn't happy to just chill with you on the sofa and get stroked, it constantly bounced around all over the place and yapped. Now I love dogs but that dog? No.

Small dogs are poo poo and I subscribe to the Ron Swanson way of thinking when it comes to them:

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Under 25 lbs. but yes.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Tusen Takk posted:

Poodle mixes are awesome. We have 2.

One possesses only questionable intelligence.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Just loaded up a couple hundred pounds of CAT6. I should get enough back to buy a 30 rack for Thursday, since we have Good Friday off.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm still trying to convince her to let me get an irish wolfhound named tádhg

Please just sign up to foster dogs from your shelter or something.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I am gonna get a Fox Red Lab next time I'm laid off. Love 'em.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
April?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CharlesM posted:

Please just sign up to foster dogs from your shelter or something.
I think this is the route I'm going to go once I get the yard fenced in. Have a couple friends in the area that do it and they love it.

Why do insurance companies make it so difficult to cancel a policy. After a couple days of faxing forms, talking with reps and exchanging emails I finally have my Hagerty cancelled. Should be getting a nice check for the remaining months that were on the policy. Switched to Grundy for the collector cars and saved a poo poo load despite adding a car and upping the value.

The April Fool's stuff is already filling my inbox and facebook feed. Started off the day with 30+ emails about this - http://bmwbuilds.com/bmw-to-no-longer-supply-parts-for-old-bmws/

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
This thread was so good it's continuing into next month LOL APRIL FOOLS HAHA

...new girl texted me saying her dog was hit by a car this morning, and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Adiabatic posted:

This thread was so good it's continuing into next month LOL APRIL FOOLS HAHA

...new girl texted me saying her dog was hit by a car this morning, and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

God damnit. I just got really sad, you fucker. Don't play with me like that! :argh:

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Preoptopus posted:

What was the cummins thing?

I would also like to thank Chrysler for having the wheel stud splines extend into my brake rotors.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bibendum posted:

Big thumbs up if you were drinking at Critical Hit.

Aaaaaaaaaaa

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Is going to suck big time. Just trying to sort out my taxes for the past few years, probably going to owe an accountant 1k+ for the effort, and owe the ATO 2k. meh, I'm living off 220 a week newstart with 5k credit card debt, so not going to be to afford it. Going to become depressed and poo poo again.
loving g/b in the falcon ute is loving up again too. When the weather is cool, shifts fine. when it's above 26C ambient or heat generated by highway driving, or heat-soak after being parked for a few min, only 1st and 2nd work, won't shift into 3rd. Last time this happened, it was a 3-4K rebuild :( it's not worth it at this age and current condition, so I'm back to the lowest of my low, financially hosed and no transport.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 1, 2015

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm going to be honest here: I don't want a shelter dog because here in Detroit every single shelter dog was abused and is usually jumpy and skittish and not that great with kids because they don't like surprises or whatever. I would rather pay a lot of money to be able to get a dog from a reputable breeder and raise it in a loving family with good, solid, and consistent training.

Also my wife's family has had two shelter dogs and they were both very hard to deal with even though we love(d) them a lot. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule but when 2/2 shelter dogs were bad news and their non-shelter dog is well trained and sweet as can be, I'd rather not risk it, especially if they start nipping at my children

angryhampster posted:

Poodle mixes are awesome. We have 2.

One possesses only questionable intelligence.

My wife is going to love this :3:

Liquid Communism posted:

Do it. My neighbors have a wolfhound, and it is an awesome dog.

I knowwww, they're so sweet and gentle even though they're massive. She wants a non-shedding dog though, and even if the Wolfhound is light shedding, it's still 7ft tall :saddowns:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Wrar posted:

Under 25 lbs. but yes.

This is the reason why I like Jack Russells: big dog personality, compact size.

April is totally gonna rule. Only 22 more days until I leave for vacation in California.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

goatse guy posted:

This is the reason why I like Jack Russells: big dog personality, compact size.

You want a Corgi:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Corgis own bones :3:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Found both front tires on my work van flat this morning, with the valve stem caps perched nearly on top of the tires. :sigh: It must be April fools, the students did the exact same thing to it last year as well. Unoriginal shitlords, the lot of them.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Finally got the recall go ahead for the e46 touring in the mail, today.

HOPE THIS ISN'T A JOKE 18 MONTHS IN THE MAKING DICKBAGS.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SuperDucky posted:

APRIL FOOLS MOTHERFUCKER

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Tusen Takk posted:

here in Detroit

Don't you live in Auburn Hills or something? You may as well say you live in Flint, seeing as its about as close as downtown is.

I lived in the area before and I get that its easier to just say "Detroit" to outsiders rather than explaining suburbia.

There are hosed up pain in the rear end shelter dogs no matter where you go, though they're a minority. If you want an expensive boutique dog, fine. But don't write off shelter animals because of anecdotes and "I live in a lovely city."

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Yeah that's a stupid reason. I live closer to Detroit and have had no issues with my shelter dogs. But whatever get the dog you want.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I wasn't necessarily blaming Detroit, but based on how everyone goes on about how great shelter dogs are compared to my experience with them, I assumed it was probably a location relation.

Where do you guys live? I didn't know there were any other Michigoons in AI :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

SuperDucky posted:

I'm waiting for the same thing but I couldn't care less. I'm growing to hate it, even though there's nothing wrong with it at 188k miles.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Cakefool posted:

I'm waiting for the same thing but I couldn't care less. I'm growing to hate it, even though there's nothing wrong with it at 188k miles.

Well I do have to go get a driver side tensioner and throw it in for when they do it. No point in having them reset the SRS light for naught, right? :D

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

CommieGIR posted:

You want a Corgi:

My boyfriend really likes corgis so we'll probably end up with one in the future. I grew up around a lot of Corgis because horse people flock to Corgis and JRT, but the JRTs seem to speak more to my personality.

Tusen Takk, please go through a breed-specific rescue and you will either be able to find a puppy or adopt an adult that has been trained and housebroken. Three of my JRTs came from breeders and I really wish I had known then what I know now about backyard breeders and the amount of wonderful purebred dogs waiting in foster homes.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

I lived in Waterford for a while, but have since returned to the UP from whence I came.

From here it's actually a shorter drive to Chicago than it is to Detroit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

goatse guy posted:

My boyfriend really likes corgis so we'll probably end up with one in the future. I grew up around a lot of Corgis because horse people flock to Corgis and JRT, but the JRTs seem to speak more to my personality.
Split the difference and get a Yorkshire terrier.

• Locked thread