Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Electric Phantasm posted:

Apparently Gold/Platinum rewards are up

I have like all of these games already

Is that it or are they going to give out a physical and tangible reward?.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
You missed a part in the middle.

But yeah that's all. Dunno why anyone expected more. Pick up DKC:TF if you don't have that yet.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I was hoping for Wonderful 101 but I guess I can get Mario Golf and use my remaining points for W101 instead.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Well, at least my girlfriend will probably love the hell out of AC

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yay, no more waiting for Golf to go on sale again!

Animal Crossing, though... hm.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Fix posted:

Animal Crossing, though... hm.

Story of Seasons is better than any animal crossing.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm leaning towards Pushmo World but I think Mario Golf would be nice to have for my morning bus rides.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Moot point, I didn't see Tropical Freeze the first time, so it's that.

Apart from the site being down, of course.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm seriously considering Animal Crossing just so I don't have to find the cartridge every time I want to play it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I have a 3DS and Wii U and none of those games what should I get

I don't want any old virtual console poo poo

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

epitasis posted:

I have a 3DS and Wii U and none of those games what should I get

I don't want any old virtual console poo poo

How do you not have Tropical Freeze?

Get Tropical Freeze.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Phantasium posted:

How do you not have Tropical Freeze?

Get Tropical Freeze.

Do you think I have room for it on my HD?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

DK Tropical Freeze is 11.4GB, keep that in mind if you want to get it. It's the game that forced me to finally plug in an external harddrive (which was a good idea anyway because now I buy almost everything digitally)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

epitasis posted:

Do you think I have room for it on my HD?

Do you have an external? If not probably not, as I recall it's the largest Wii U game (I don't actually know I buy physical copies of most things).

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ugh

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Phantasium posted:

Do you have an external? If not probably not, as I recall it's the largest Wii U game (I don't actually know I buy physical copies of most things).

Both Bayonetta 1 and 2 individually, are larger than Tropical Freeze.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Digital games own and people should get an external drive for their Wii U. I like laying down in bed, turning on the gamepad, and then using my finger to smoosh a big colorful button to choose what game I want to play.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I'd be more interested in Tropical Freeze if I were more interested in DKC and if I had an extra external drive. I don't have any to spare and buying an external drive to hold a free game kind of defeats the purpose of getting a game for free because I don't plan on getting too many digital games.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

Digital games own and people should get an external drive for their Wii U. I like laying down in bed, turning on the gamepad, and then using my finger to smoosh a big colorful button to choose what game I want to play.

I like being able to get some of my money back after I realize that no, I do not in fact like Monster Hunter.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Phantasium posted:

I like being able to get some of my money back after I realize that no, I do not in fact like Monster Hunter.

Your parents should get their money back.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Phantasium posted:

So rent a game or try a demo before dropping $60 on it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Phantasium posted:

Do you at least like Dark Souls?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

jivjov posted:

So rent a game or try a demo before dropping $60 on it.

The demo of that game sucked and it's not the 90s so there are no rental stores.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Do you at least like Dark Souls?

Yes, and they're nothing alike.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

This is ignoring that that's literally the only Wii U game I've sold, too.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Phantasium posted:

The demo of that game sucked and it's not the 90s so there are no rental stores.

In 2002 two companies were founded. Redbox and Gamefly. Both offer game rentals.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Phantasium posted:

you should have relied on me to tell you that Monster Hunter is, in fact, not a good video game

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm here to provide everyone good opinions about video games that everyone else seems to scared to admit

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Kaubocks posted:

you should have relied on me to tell you that Monster Hunter is, in fact, not a good video game

On the other hand, you're the guy saying Pikmin and Wonderful 101 are not good video games when they are so I think the thread miiiiight be a little skeptical of your opinions.

That said, this is a legitimate opinion, Monster Hunter isn't that great.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Monster Hunter is what you get if you take the absolute worst parts of a pre-WoW MMO and make the controls worse

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

jivjov posted:

In 2002 two companies were founded. Redbox and Gamefly. Both offer game rentals.

Neither exist outside of North America.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Oh god here come the MH apologists, thanks y'all.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Adam Bowen posted:

Monster Hunter is what you get if you take the absolute worst parts of a pre-WoW MMO and make the controls worse

No part of this post makes sense.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I'm a hardcore Souls/Bloodborne fan and I purchased MH4 when it released to try the series out. It did feel somewhat similar to the Souls games when it came to actually fighting the monsters, except with janky controls and lovely grindy mechanics. I really want to like MH but just can't.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

Apparently Gold/Platinum rewards are up

The choice is a no brainer for me, Tropical Freeze is what i'm gonna pick. I really wanted Wind Waker HD though, but i'll just buy that now.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

*holds X to charge greatsword, releases at the last second just as a Rathalos is charging, knocking him down and breaking his head*

Ugh, Everquest called, they want their game back!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Nice Platinum rewards! The only games I don't have though are Animal Crossing and Mario Party Island Tour. I'm thinking I'll go with Animal Crossing....

Was hoping Wind Waker would be an option, guess I'll finally buy it now.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

No part of this post makes sense.

I'll explain. Monster Hunter is a series of games that consists of grinding the same areas over and over again and fighting damage sponge bosses repeatedly for incrementally better weapons, like an MMO. The games also have absurdly bad controls.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Adam Bowen posted:

I'll explain. Monster Hunter is a series of games that consists of grinding the same areas over and over again and fighting damage sponge bosses repeatedly for incrementally better weapons, like an MMO. The games also have absurdly bad controls.

This is why it doesn't make sense to me that people like Monster Hunter. I play a lot of MMO's and I don't like Monster Hunter.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I played Dragonball Online once and I hate Monster Hunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've never played an MMO and I love Monster Hunter.

• Locked thread