Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
when rift came out it was a boring pile of rear end, they gradually improved it till they had a pretty decent game on their hands, and now its awful again

archeage I think is going to be the thing that finally makes them go under

im glad of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i remember rift being OK until i hit 50 and then i suddenly had nothing to do, but the public events were cool and innovative for their time

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just play gw2, its the king of the terrible games.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its amazing that gw2 does so well with its buy once, maybe pick up something on the cash shop from time to time

and we have companies who funnel hundreds of dollars for preorder packs then throw in RNG lockboxes and poo poo and the game just straight up dies

makes u think

Pixelated Dragon
Jan 22, 2007

Do you remember how we used to breathe and watch it
and feel such power and feel such joy, to be ice dragons and be so free. -Noe Venable

I do have a question about farming. If someone else has a farm and they plant something outside of their designated plot, then it's generally considered fair game to "steal" it, right?

The option to collect it isn't even available unless the player derped and placed it improperly.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Pixelated Dragon posted:

I do have a question about farming. If someone else has a farm and they plant something outside of their designated plot, then it's generally considered fair game to "steal" it, right?

The option to collect it isn't even available unless the player derped and placed it improperly.

totally fair game, steal the gently caress out of that plant

Pixelated Dragon
Jan 22, 2007

and feel such power and feel such joy, to be ice dragons and be so free. -Noe Venable

A Spider Covets posted:

totally fair game, steal the gently caress out of that plant

I just wouldn't want to get a barrage of whiny tells from someone who couldn't place a plant in the correct plot.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Don't play this game, what the gently caress is wrong with you?

Learn from other people's mistakes.

Pixelated Dragon
Jan 22, 2007

hakimashou posted:

Don't play this game, what the gently caress is wrong with you?

Learn from other people's mistakes.

Boredom with SWTOR. I have no plans to pay for a subscription, so it's not like I'm wasting money on it.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pixelated Dragon posted:

Boredom with SWTOR. I have no plans to pay for a subscription, so it's not like I'm wasting money on it.

and his time is worthless so dont even worry!

Also, I farmed the mats myself so it was free!

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

A Spider Covets posted:

i remember rift being OK until i hit 50 and then i suddenly had nothing to do, but the public events were cool and innovative for their time

That's how I remember Rift as well, it was fun and original until I hit 50, at which time I realized it was just another average MMO where I didn't know what to do at the level cap. I think I quit 4-5 days after hitting 50.

ruffz fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 31, 2015

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pixelated Dragon posted:

I just wouldn't want to get a barrage of whiny tells from someone who couldn't place a plant in the correct plot.

Nah, nobody really cares. Some people plant next to their farms deliberately, because from a distance no one can tell, and then they just hope no one gets close enough.

I've seen people go to trial and flat out admit to harvesting other's crops, and still get found not guilty, because it was the victims own fault for planting where their poo poo could easily be found in a safe zone where it could not be defended. Losing stuff for being dumb is fair play. People do get salty about uprooting crops or chopping down fruit trees. So only do that if your goal is to make people mad.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

ruffz posted:

That's how I remember Rift as well, it was fun and original until I hit 50, at which time I realized it was just another average MMO where I didn't know what to do at the level cap. I think I quit 4-5 days after hitting 50.

I rolled an alt on the other side. Realized I was running virtually the same quests once I got to the shared zones. Didn't last much longer after that.

I must have been off my meds when I pre-ordered that thing.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I heard you liked fishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVcCkuiytvc

in the description it took them 1 hour to find and 2 hours to kill

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

The best part of that is the solid 30 seconds of everyone hacking it apart to loot it.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Goddamn, why are asians so spergy? A target practice hp sponge boss shouldn't last longer than a couple minutes. 2 hours is ridiculous.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

effectual posted:

Goddamn, why are asians so spergy? A target practice hp sponge boss shouldn't last longer than a couple minutes. 2 hours is ridiculous.

2 hours is nothing for spergy asians. Ffxi had a fight where the Japanese went 30 hours straight on it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So is this worth trying out now that it's on Steam.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
There's a reason it was removed from Steam in the first place.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Larry Parrish posted:

absolutely not

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

absolutely not

Then why is there a thread for this game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is basically the MMO social thread at this point

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This whole subforum is loving gay

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Yes, it is 100% worth trying it out, but before you start make sure you buy the $150 starter pack and maybe top up a few hundred $$$ in credits.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013
Don't play this game.

Can we close this thread now? Amend the OP at least?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Gliders are fun. The race cars are fun too, but you have to fail at life to get one.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Then why is there a thread for this game

Honestly you could close this thread and no one would care, just like the wildstar one.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Without the thread there would be no where for goons to tell other goons not to try the game.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Angela Christine posted:

Without the thread there would be no where for goons to tell other goons not to try the game.

It stands as a monument to mediocrity and the dangers of fishing alliances.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
This game made me realize that goons can be just as big of shitlords as pubbies can. That was a very sad realization.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Bukowski posted:

This game made me realize that goons can be just as big of shitlords as pubbies can. That was a very sad realization.

yea goons are just pubbies who paid 10 dollars mostly

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Eonwe posted:

nuh uh :colbert:

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Eonwe posted:

They also have a sense of entitlement because they assume any Goon Guild will automatically be like in Eve (another terrible game), which is why the corpse piling strategy was so funny to watch.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
So I saw this pop up on Steam and decided to give it a try. Well, as much of a try as the game would me. This game and Hackshield may have actually given my PC cancer. Hackshield didn't want to load the game a couple times, when I did get in Archeage itself crashed my video drivers and when I tried to play again after that Hackshield just straight up refused to work period and was locking up my PC when I tried until I just got fed up and uninstalled this.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
And nothing of value was lost.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Beautiful Ninja posted:

So I saw this pop up on Steam and decided to give it a try. Well, as much of a try as the game would me. This game and Hackshield may have actually given my PC cancer. Hackshield didn't want to load the game a couple times, when I did get in Archeage itself crashed my video drivers and when I tried to play again after that Hackshield just straight up refused to work period and was locking up my PC when I tried until I just got fed up and uninstalled this.

It's probably your anti-virus arguing with hackshield. That's a big problem for many people. The usual advice is to turn off your antivirus while playing archeage. I kid you not.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh, and some people found even after uninstalling archeage they couldn't fully uninstall hackshield. It would just linger in the background. Don't know if they fixed that.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Game of the Year.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
More like people use lovely antivirus software and don't know how to work a computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holyshoot posted:

More like people use lovely antivirus software and don't know how to work a computer.

bullshit,

Other anti-cheats that do work dont need anywhere close to the permissions hackshield does. Its garbage and its unnecessarily invasive. This is the anti-cheat that forces a crash if you open notepad while running the game.

• Locked thread