Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
It seems weird to me that we got Live A Live music for Curtain Call, but not Bahamut Lagoon. I mean, SE even rereleased it on the Japanese VC last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sakurazuka posted:

I never did figure out how levelling up your dragons worked, I just shoved random items in to them.

That was honestly the best way to do it; you eventually wanted to max them out in everything so they were nearly-unkillable (or actually-unkillable) murder machines.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I never did figure out how levelling up your dragons worked, I just shoved random items in to them.

yeah that's pretty much how it worked until like endgame. then you shoved a superitem into them and they go into their final form, IIRC

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Live a live owns and i would kill for a sequel

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ah so for the same reason people play MMO's, except with even less social interactions. And less gameplay. And Less narrative.

That's....that's just sad.

And re:Bahamut Lagoon. What if TWEWY 2 just had dragons instead of pins? Esaily Square's best game.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I'm amazed S-E doesn't revisit their old non-FF/DQ classics more often. It's just all around shocking given their deep history.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Ah so for the same reason people play MMO's, except with even less social interactions. And less gameplay. And Less narrative.

That's....that's just sad.

It's not that sad when you realize I haven't gained the extra fifty to one-hundred pounds that is required to play an MMO.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Himuro posted:

It's not that sad when you realize I haven't gained the extra fifty to one-hundred pounds that is required to play an MMO.

Can't gain what you already had, Himuro.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Too bad for non MMO players but FFXIV was the first good FF in 9 years.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Eej posted:

Too bad for non MMO players but FFXIV was the first good FF in 9 years.

Hey! Lightning Returns has some really solid gameplay.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Okay I'll let you have that because I collapsed halfway through THE LIGHTNING TRILOGY and couldn't make it to the end.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

do we know if that's ever hitting steam

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

XIV came out first though, so the point still stands. (Granted, I actually like FFXIII-2, although even I can't stand the never-ending mess that is Academia 400AF)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Fungah! posted:

do we know if that's ever hitting steam

Eventually apparently.

Saigyouji posted:

XIV came out first though, so the point still stands.

Did ARR come out before it though? Cause 1.0 was Dumpster fire tier.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

August 2013. LR came out in November.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Eventually apparently.

ARR came out like a month or two before LR, there was a launch event with Lightning in xiv when the game came out in japan

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yup. August 2013 for ARR vs November 2013 (JP)/February 2014 (US) for LR.

Remember, there was a special Lightning Returns event in ARR for both releases. :eng101:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Fungah! posted:

ARR came out like a month or two before LR, there was a launch event with Lightning in xiv when the game came out in japan

Oh poo poo that's right. gently caress I even did that event. Wish Snow's outfit was unisex.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Oh poo poo that's right. gently caress I even did that event. Wish Snow's outfit was unisex.

yeah the snow outfit was dope. the good news is that they put in an actual unisex duster at some point so that's kicking around somewhere

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

FFXIV is good but the story sucks most of the time but when it shines its amazing.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Can't gain what you already had, Himuro.

Pretty good, honey. You know how to toss some shade unlike these basic plebians like Oxxidation. Too bad I lost that weight the second I stopped playing video games. Video games aren't as serious as you think; it's just a video game. Either the mmo or ftp mobile game are a waste of time despite what you think towards a game you haven't even played. You keep mentioning story when not all games need story. You compare an mmo - games that literally require hundreds of hours to get anywhere - to a game that's on your phone. Face it, you have no winning argument in this race, only your preferences, and one from something you haven't even experienced.

Keep watching those videos of a free game, dude.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Himuro posted:

Pretty good, honey. You know how to toss some shade unlike these basic plebians like Oxxidation. Too bad I lost that weight the second I stopped playing video games. Video games aren't as serious as you think; it's just a video game. Either the mmo or ftp mobile game are a waste of time despite what you think towards a game you haven't even played. You keep mentioning story when not all games need story. You compare an mmo - games that literally require hundreds of hours to get anywhere - to a game that's on your phone. Face it, you have no winning argument in this race, only your preferences, and one from something you haven't even experienced.

lmao and people were calling me a baby

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Himuro posted:

no one needs to own you when you own yourself so well

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Fungah! posted:

lmao and people were calling me a baby

Does your scroll wheel work yet, baby?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Making some big assumptions there, bro

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Cake Attack posted:

no one needs to own you when you own yourself so well

At the very least, I can take solace in the fact I don't own a ps4.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Himuro posted:

Does your scroll wheel work yet, baby?

better than your brain does

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Fungah! posted:

better than your brain does

That was pretty bad.

Try again.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Man, this flame war is so much better than mobile game talk.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Himuro posted:

That was pretty bad.

Try again.

nah, i'm good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Himuro posted:

Lol

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Fungah! posted:

nah, i'm good

unlike your posts

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
This is pretty apt: everyone in the FF thread hates each other, just like how everyone hates every FF.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I love you all

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Terper posted:

I love you all

But do you love yourself? That still counts as hating someone in the thread.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Himuro posted:

This is pretty apt: everyone in the FF thread hates each other, just like how everyone hates every FF.

Everyone just thinks you're a goober

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

When is the boss that is ranged only in record keeper

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Everyone just thinks you're a goober

Could be helpful as to why, so I could improve instead of "I hate you!"

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

When is the boss that is ranged only in record keeper

Floor 60.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Himuro posted:

Could be helpful as to why, so I could improve instead of "I hate you!"

You're really nasty and confrontational and you never know when to shut up? It's not exactly subtle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Oxxidation posted:

You're really nasty and confrontational and you never know when to shut up? It's not exactly subtle.

:irony: