Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Soylent Heliotrope posted:

How much HD space does Punchout need?

Somewhere in the range of 3-4 GB I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:

Ultigonio posted:

Okay, that's pretty convincing. On the other hand, it looks like the original version is the one the one they're offering for Platinum - is Deluxe significantly better that I should just grab that and use the plat reward for something else, maybe?

You're better off getting the Deluxe--more variation of parts, a new RPG mode, larger capacity for your own and guest creations. (Besides, it's probably dirt cheap.)
It's basically a creature creator, but with only twenty parts at your disposal, the challenge is more a puzzle than anything else.

Check out Miiverse or this JP site: http://createup.r.ribbon.to/cgi-bin/createup.cgi

Doug Dinsdale fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 1, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

jivjov posted:

Eh, fair enough, but the story in the oracle games is fairly light. All the connectivity really does is add a final boss fight.

That's not true, whichever game you play second will have a ton of changes if you enter the password. In fact it's probably worth playing in both orders to see all the differences.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Kaubocks posted:

goron dancing is piss easy but also I am a drummer so

I would never have made it past the Goron dancing if it weren't for save states. gently caress memory or rhythm based anything. I am hopelessly, hopelessly bad at it.

And gently caress the Mermaid Cave and Jabu-Jabu's belly both. Those two dungeons are the reason I haven't even beaten Ages yet.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Lurdiak posted:

That's not true, whichever game you play second will have a ton of changes if you enter the password. In fact it's probably worth playing in both orders to see all the differences.

Isn't it all minor dialog changes? I can't think of anything gameplay wise that changes between games other than the epilogue.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Would you guys recommend Super Mario Galaxy 2? I played the original back when it came out on the Wii, but never played the sequel. I already have Tropical Freeze on disc, otherwise I would've picked that.

Why didn't you just grab it when it was a mere $9.99 on the eShop a couple of weeks ago

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

jivjov posted:

Isn't it all minor dialog changes? I can't think of anything gameplay wise that changes between games other than the epilogue.

You start the second game with the lv-2 sword, iirc

In Seasons, doesn't that cave you get the sword in change into something completely different because of this? I think there's something similar in Ages. There are some changes to the maps. You keep the animal buddy that you had in the previous game, which means the map sections that change based on this will be set before you start. People from the other game show up and give you passwords that you can take to the previous game and get unique items. You then get a password which lets you also get it in your current game. You can get the Lv-3 sword and shield, and some other upgrades you wouldn't be able to get otherwise.

EDIT: Just read this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/gbc/472313-the-legend-of-zelda-oracle-of-ages/faqs/11605

The cave is called the Hero Cave and there's a unique one in each game that you can only access in a new game + or whatever you want to call it.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 1, 2015

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

jivjov posted:

The only big thing I can think of is Zelda showing up to get kidnapped midway through. There are also a ton of items you can only get by using short passwords from the other game. Oh, and a new dungeon shows up in both games.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

All Frogs posted:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is like the first one but even better. I'd definitely recommend it.

ChaosArgate posted:

Did you like Galaxy 1? If yes, then get Galaxy 2 because it's Galaxy 1 but better.

Thanks guys, this makes this a pretty easy decision for me. I appreciate your help!

less laughter posted:

Why didn't you just grab it when it was a mere $9.99 on the eShop a couple of weeks ago

At the time I didn't really have any Wiimotes, but now that I got two for the new Mario Party, I should be all set. On the plus side, since I waited I can get it for free instead of the $9.99!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Doesn't Mario party Island tour have a function where you can use one copy of the game and play with several people as log as they have a 3ds locally with you?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Ineffiable posted:

Doesn't Mario party Island tour have a function where you can use one copy of the game and play with several people as log as they have a 3ds locally with you?

Yeah Island Tour has download play.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Wake up
Google "Freedom Planet Wii U"
No release date
Next day
No release date
Next day
No release date
:argh:

jivjov posted:

I'm partway through playing Ages as my second game and so far I've run into NPCs from Seasons and gotten rad items from linking the games. It's pretty rad

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

ChaosArgate posted:

Yeah Island Tour has download play.

Is it limited (like one board only or can you play all boards and all mini games?

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

There are also some events that can occur in a linked Seasons/Ages playthrough that are unique to each game. In Seasons, you have to rescue someone from the King Moblin and you have to go through a sideways section that's sort of analogous to the original Donkey Kong to rescue them. I'd say it's totally worth it to go through at least one linked playthrough since it does add a lot of neat things.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Ineffiable posted:

Is it limited (like one board only or can you play all boards and all mini games?

Its everything including the multiplayer only map which is pretty fun. But all of the like, 5-6 boards are short and there's not a ton of mini games.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ugh, one of these days I will get to redeem my game instead of it logging me out or giving me the stupid "wario took your coins" picture.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

poo poo, guess I'm getting Yoshi new Island and submitting to the yoshi clan

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Next question is, when will we be able to claim our rewards? I'm almost worried I wont be able to because Club Nintendo will be down the entire month. :xd:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

deadwing posted:

This is like buying a gun when you wanna join the kick rear end kung fu club at school

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

deadwing posted:

I won't submit myself to that soundtrack for free
Hell, you couldn't pay me to do it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

deadwing posted:

Get literally anything else.

Hell I'm contemplating getting Animal Crossing rather than subject myself to YNI.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Augus posted:

I won't submit myself to that soundtrack for free
Hell, you couldn't pay me to do it.

It's not all bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Hiq96SuOs

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

deadwing posted:

Not letting this go by unposted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AB1p6wpaY

Anyway free Tropical Freeze is pretty drat neat. :toot:

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Is Animal Crossing anything like Tomodachi Life? Thinking about getting this game, but I wasn't a fan of Tomodachi Life.

I'll either get that or Mario Kart 7

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Mercurochrome posted:

Is Animal Crossing anything like Tomodachi Life? Thinking about getting this game, but I wasn't a fan of Tomodachi Life.

It's kind of like Tomodachi Life but more hands on--you have more direct impact on how your town/villagers turn out and develop. I wouldn't say they're easily comparable, but depending on why you didn't like Tomodachi Life you might like Animal Crossing instead.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

I love that one of the related videos of Triple Deluxe's final boss music just to show how much a gap there is in effort.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Agrias120 posted:

you have more direct impact on how your town/villagers turn out and develop
except you can't tell new villagers to not build their house two feet in front of yours

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

My reward has already been redeemed? Godammit Club Nintendo you didn't even give me the code!

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Kaubocks posted:

except you can't tell new villagers to not build their house two feet in front of yours

If you're not chain-planting pitfalls all around their front door in that case, I don't know what to tell you.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Kaubocks posted:

You can if you make a new character the morning of the day someone is supposed to move in

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Agrias120 posted:

It's kind of like Tomodachi Life but more hands on--you have more direct impact on how your town/villagers turn out and develop. I wouldn't say they're easily comparable, but depending on why you didn't like Tomodachi Life you might like Animal Crossing instead.

the game was really repetitive. I lost interest after 25 hours, i think.

Is the town in AC big with a lot of things to do?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Mercurochrome posted:

There are "New" things to do everyday. You'll get bored eventually, somewhere down the line. You play the game, get a few items to change your house, water some flowers, check the mail, check up on your villagers, play little games with them, maybe go fishing or buy some new shoes. It's very much a relaxation game and not meant to be something that you beat which will probably turn some people off, but it's one of the only games that I regret playing because it absolutely absorbed so much of my time.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Animal Crossing might not be for you then because you essentially do the same things over and over again every day.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Mercurochrome posted:

There's a lot to do/collect in AC, but you end up doing the same list of things every day. It's more of a "play this game for an hour or so every day" game instead of doing long marathons of. You'll play in long bursts at first, but then it'll fall off pretty drastically until you see a season change. If repetitiveness was the big turnoff for TL for you, AC might rub you the wrong way.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Justin_Brett posted:

I love that one of the related videos of Triple Deluxe's final boss music just to show how much a gap there is in effort.

Oh man oh man oh man "Sullied Grace" is so goddamn good I want it to play on loop forever :allears:

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Agrias120 posted:

There's a lot to do/collect in AC, but you end up doing the same list of things every day. It's more of a "play this game for an hour or so every day" game instead of doing long marathons of. You'll play in long bursts at first, but then it'll fall off pretty drastically until you see a season change. If repetitiveness was the big turnoff for TL for you, AC might rub you the wrong way.

Okay, thanks. I think I'm going to pass on this one then. I'll be getting Mario Kart 7

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

Get literally anything else.

Hell I'm contemplating getting Animal Crossing rather than subject myself to YNI.

I have everything except for YNI and Island Tour though, so I think it's yoshi time

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

deadwing posted:

I have everything except for YNI and Island Tour though, so I think it's yoshi time

Just sell one of the rewards for $5 like Pushmo World to me.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah remember that Yoshi's New Island is made by the terrible people that did Yoshi's Island DS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah remember that Yoshi's New Island is made by the terrible people that did Yoshi's Island DS

It's better then DS but still mediocre at best and made me wish I was playing the original instead. The bosses are all terrible.