Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

"When I said Sauron used to be Annatar..."

I know this was 2 pages and 4 days ago, but I just wanted to let you know that this pun was noticed and very much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

The Zombie Guy posted:

Cute thread, I need your help. My wife and I just adopted a dog a few hours ago, and we're stumped for a name.

He's a chihuahua, originally from California. He was a stray before the shelter picked him up, and then he was shipped up to the Toronto Humane Society. He's light brown with a white stripe down his chest, and a snaggle tooth. He's been super happy and affectionate since we brought him home, but we can't think of a name for this little guy. Any suggestions?

Name him Tlayuda.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Normally I'm not the biggest fan of April Fools but I gotta give props to Guild Wars 2 this time.

Basically every single player character in the game has their arms outstretched like that and make airplane noises when they run, also I wasn't wearing that pilots hat, it just showed up on my character model, oddly enough what I was originally wearing is over it, also the grin over the character's face.

There's also like a filter over everything now, some people have one that makes it all grainy and with no colors like an old film, mine has colors but still looks like an old tv, the sound is different to like its monaural.

Really awesome joke overall, as an old fart this put a smile on my face from when I was a kid.

Edit: Apparently when you die you get old timey piano music instead of the usual somber theme.

Alteisen has a new favorite as of 01:38 on Apr 1, 2015

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

The Zombie Guy posted:

Cute thread, I need your help. My wife and I just adopted a dog a few hours ago, and we're stumped for a name.

He's a chihuahua, originally from California. He was a stray before the shelter picked him up, and then he was shipped up to the Toronto Humane Society. He's light brown with a white stripe down his chest, and a snaggle tooth. He's been super happy and affectionate since we brought him home, but we can't think of a name for this little guy. Any suggestions?

Squint or Cocoa (bean).

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The Zombie Guy posted:

Late on the name train, but I heartily recommend Charles. Not Chuck, or Charlie, but Charles.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

A shame that the box is cut off. It's very obviously the game "Mousetrap".

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Cat magician... wait for it
http://i.imgur.com/irSnWRK.webm

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

BrigadierSensible posted:

Late on the name train, but I heartily recommend Charles. Not Chuck, or Charlie, but Charles.

Charles Huahua

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Speaking of the WWE, this vid is pretty heartwarming:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Js29nezwmU

E: That fan had Downs and he looked like he was having a blast. :3:

Violet_Sky has a new favorite as of 06:01 on Apr 1, 2015

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Violet_Sky posted:

Speaking of the WWE, this vid is pretty heartwarming:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Js29nezwmU

E: That fan had Downs and he looked like he was having a blast. :3:

Hunter is pretty cool and does a lot of stuff for women's sports. He and his wife produced and funded one of those #LikeAGirl ads using female wrestlers from the show he's in charge of, NXT. It's the only WWE show where women are treated as equal wrestlers as the men

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwMJS6GjIwc

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

We have a lot of really cute critters. Here are some pics of me and Out of Band II when us and our kitties were stupid kids in a crap apartment.

If the glass contains water instead of milk, Walter just tips it over and walks away. He's named after a bad guy from the Dark Tower.

Helena is cute as gently caress and nothing will convince me otherwise.

Davey really liked napping with us when he was little. Now he's just a big fat surly thing but we love him. He's blind in one eye.

Charlie sleeping with my drop spindle. She and her sister Wolff really, really love wool. I have to fight to keep them out of my llama fluff.

We love the gently caress out of these guys. All of 'em are rescues but Walter and Helena.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 14:15 on Apr 1, 2015

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

HopperUK posted:

This is actually a very small bear. So you should call him Bear.

This is that chihuahua's name. Look at that tiny grumpy little bear.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Scathach posted:

We love the gently caress out of these guys.

Cat family!!! :neckbeard:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Is the Chihuahua's name still in the air?

I got the perfect name:

BACON.

Because everyone loves bacon.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
The Chihuahua's name is:

gRuff.

In my head anyway.

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.

HopperUK posted:

This is actually a very small bear. So you should call him Bear.

Or bear in another language. Oso. Or, Osito (little bear, teddy).

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

CronoGamer posted:

I know this was 2 pages and 4 days ago, but I just wanted to let you know that this pun was noticed and very much appreciated.

Thank you. I was fairly pleased with it :}

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

mcbexx posted:

Is the Chihuahua's name still in the air?

I got the perfect name:

BACON.

Because everyone loves bacon.

Or maybe that is quite exclusionary and there are billions of people on Earth who can't have pork products.

Nightmare Zone
Aug 3, 2014

Do you like sucking jalapenos?
That post reminds me of Hulu's current April Fools prank. :3:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Birb Katter posted:

Or maybe that is quite exclusionary and there are billions of people on Earth who can't have pork products.

Well, if they did, they'd love it. :colbert:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Geolicious posted:

Cat family!!! :neckbeard:

We have a joke in the family that if you adopt a cat you're serious about the relationship. My inlaws have four too. My sister-in-law and her boyfriend got two kittens last year and promptly got engaged.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Nightmare Zone posted:

Not going to lie, that sounds like the perfect lazy sunday afternoon viewing.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

mcbexx posted:

Well, if they did, they'd love it. :colbert:

When I was a kid I read a book about a girl growing up in Depression-era Australia who loved drawing, but her family couldn't afford paper just to draw on, so she always looked forward to her mother buying bacon, because instead of wrapping it in newspaper the butcher would put it in a nice smooth paper bag that was really good for sketching on.
Specifically, it said she looked forward to her mother buying bacon not because she liked it - she didn't - but because of the bag.
And even as a very small child I was like "What the gently caress. I understand about needing a creative outlet but who on earth doesn't like bacon?"
Not that I'd try to sneak it into someone's food if they were trying to keep kosher or whatever the case might be. I will just quietly feel compassion for the baconless state their convictions require.
Speaking of bacon (and for Easter), have a tiny piglet snuggling an enormous grumpy bunny.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Dove from Above posted:

When I was a kid I read a book about a girl growing up in Depression-era Australia who loved drawing, but her family couldn't afford paper just to draw on, so she always looked forward to her mother buying bacon, because instead of wrapping it in newspaper the butcher would put it in a nice smooth paper bag that was really good for sketching on.
Specifically, it said she looked forward to her mother buying bacon not because she liked it - she didn't - but because of the bag.
And even as a very small child I was like "What the gently caress. I understand about needing a creative outlet but who on earth doesn't like bacon?"
Not that I'd try to sneak it into someone's food if they were trying to keep kosher or whatever the case might be. I will just quietly feel compassion for the baconless state their convictions require.
Speaking of bacon (and for Easter), have a tiny piglet snuggling an enormous grumpy bunny.

OMG! I had that book too! It was called "Guilda". They were Dutch immigrants and the girl desperately wanted to live in a house instead of a tent.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Haruharuharuko posted:

Squint or Cocoa (bean).

Name him after his California hometown.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
We adopted a feral kitten, Meket, right before Christmas. He's still shy with people, but has found himself a BFF in Miss Mercedes. He waits at the door for her to come inside so he can be with her, winding through her legs and batting at her puffs. Their favorite game is tag, and their favorite time to play it is between 2--4 AM. The cat tree is his 'safe'; hers is the bed, which she sails into despite those lumpy humans being in the way.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10206470077056242&set=vb.1399016778&type=2&theater

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

Nightmare Zone posted:

I'd watch the gently caress out of this show. What a cruel April Fool's joke.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cat in the middle has seen some poo poo.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
If I judge the ears right, that's a scottish fold. They just look like that. :3:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
I know it's buzzfeed and it's basically a meme by now but this tale of Brother Orange is amazing and well worth a read.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If I judge the ears right, that's a scottish fold. They just look like that. :3:

Maru would like a word with you

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Khazar-khum posted:

OMG! I had that book too! It was called "Guilda". They were Dutch immigrants and the girl desperately wanted to live in a house instead of a tent.

The House that Guilda Drew! Thank you so much for giving me the name - it was the clue I needed to track down the book.

Birb Katter posted:

Maru would like a word with you

Well Maru is special and magical. Although he's technically a Scottish Fold he doesn't have the characteristic folded ears. I also get the impression from all the videos and photos of him playing energetically that he doesn't have the painful joint problems that many Scottish Folds experience due to inbreeding.
And of course his baby sister Hana is just a mutte catte. I love their relationship. See if you can find Maru in this picture.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Dove from Above posted:

The House that Guilda Drew! Thank you so much for giving me the name - it was the clue I needed to track down the book.

Well Maru is special and magical. Although he's technically a Scottish Fold he doesn't have the characteristic folded ears. I also get the impression from all the videos and photos of him playing energetically that he doesn't have the painful joint problems that many Scottish Folds experience due to inbreeding.
And of course his baby sister Hana is just a mutte catte. I love their relationship. See if you can find Maru in this picture.

Trick question, there are two Maru's the one under Hanna and the one in my heart.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Teaching your dog how to turn on faucets seems like a great idea.
http://i.imgur.com/8dnLtvF.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/bCHEJus.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/rCyeLa8.gifv

Dogs are the best :3:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

GOOD MORNING I LOVE YOU!

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal

This. This is exactly how my dog is. I came back home after my fifth or sixth deployment and took a month of leave. So my dog, Stella, is super excited because now she has this whole month with her human. Finally my first day back to work comes, my alarm goes off and the first thing she did was spring up and lay on my chest. She clearly made it known she was not having me leave again.

Best. Dog. Evar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Every year a shop in my town does a big window display for Easter; they cover the ground with sawdust, put up a heat lamp and some dishes of pellets and get in a couple of dozen day old chicks to run around and bring joy to all

:3:

Edit: Bonus funny chicken bottom

Pookah has a new favorite as of 16:27 on Apr 2, 2015

• Locked thread