Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

cams posted:

I can't believe Middleditch has never been on the show, he fits so godamn well.

cams posted:

Yeah this episode made me cry laughing at several points.

Certainly not the ads though :colbert:

I like the way Snrub thinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Had to pause and regroup after Joey T's loud knocking

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Thoogsby posted:

Had to pause and regroup after Joey T's loud knocking

This point for me was definitely Scott desperately trying to stop kumail doing a Chinese voice.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

a pipe smoking dog posted:

This point for me was definitely Scott desperately trying to stop kumail doing a Chinese voice.
Fairly certain it was Middleditch doing the Chinese man.

Martin pushing REAL HARD at the end to call him back was great.

But seriously, Middleditch is one of the best improvisors on earth and I'd love if he were on CBB more.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Loved Middleditch but that episode was a mess right? Like, in a good way but really, what a jumble.
Also, a good couple of weeks for getting the actual emails of the famous.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
This was the first C+ episode of the year for me.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
"Horse penis got biggies" almost made me throw up from laughing so hard. What a great ep (episode).

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Big boy

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Jarles sounds like Santa Claus if he was talking through a perpetual death rattle.

Also why was PFT on the show then left?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Waffleopolis posted:

Jarles sounds like Santa Claus if he was talking through a perpetual death rattle.

Seems like it might've been an accidental scheduling overlap or something. It sounded to me like Scott pretty genuinely didn't expect him to show up.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

I had no idea Middleditch was so hilarious. His "China" character, holy poo poo

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I had some idea from his appearances on YMIW and Hollywood Handbook, both of which are superb, but he really went for it like a madman here. such a great episode

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

He was really good on Who Charted too

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

His Lauren Lapkus podcast episode is one of the better ones.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
HBO Big Fat Naddies

cams
Mar 28, 2003

thomas middleditch really is one of the funniest improvisers around. when silicon valley started i saw a lot of people wondering why he was considered the "lead" on a show with tj miller, kumail nanjiani, and martin starr, but he's really that great.

if you're one of those who can stand pete holmes, especially if you're one of the insane who actually really love the man, listen to middleditch's episode on that. it is appropriately weird with a lot of stuff about how pete and thomas worked together and were great friends then grew apart, and thomas shows off a lot of why hes' so great.

edit: also, since i really am that kind of nerd, if you're this kind of person i really do recommend watching middleditch's twitch.tv stream. he is very entertaining despite playing some of the most boring video games that i would never watch anyone else play. right now he is streaming himself and a buddy playing sniper elite 3. https://www.twitch.tv/middleditch

cams fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 31, 2015

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I saw Thomas middleditch do live stand up last year and even though it was kinda all over the place it was still really funny. Definitely go see him if you have the chance.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

everybody like it

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Finally getting around to listening to the Stars episode, and while they may interject more than most guests, they're alright. It's better in some ways for them to do that than it is for them to follow the usual musical guest mode and just sit there in silence while the other guests say things. It's also obvious why Scott likes him, the guy from Stars sounds like he's doing a Morrissey impression. Also, Claudia O'Doherty is so great.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Claudia rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnUGid_0HNw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulxT7h0l2Qw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoczkJAAqtE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI3WPFqmhbU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Really want her Lighthouse Keeper to show up on the podcast.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

JethroMcB posted:

Really want her Lighthouse Keeper to show up on the podcast.
yeah, she's kind of an amazing actor

e:

JethroMcB posted:

pretending you said something really mean against Claudia so I can use this gif of the perfect face she made

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 31, 2015

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Her body will remain small, and the smallness of a woman's body is valued highly in our culture.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Waffleopolis posted:

When was PFT on the most recent episode? Was it the ads? I just finished it, and I don't remember hearing him.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

The Action Man posted:

When was PFT on the most recent episode? Was it the ads? I just finished it, and I don't remember hearing him.

He popped in briefly as Jarles.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Tavarin posted:

He popped in briefly as Jarles.

I had no idea that was him.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Where do I sign to get Middleditch to come back for an entire episode as his China character?

Scott and Kumail's immediate repulsion of the character was the hardest I've laughed since the Calvins twins and I loved Martin Starr jumping right in on it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I got really confused and thought Middleditch was just a terrible guest, since I thought PFT had switched over to doing his character and Middleditch just checked out. Whoops!

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Thomas Middleditch and Ben Schwartz have been in an improv team together for 10 years, so that is an episode that needs to happen.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh please please please let it be an ongoing Wompcast...

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

Oh please please please let it be an ongoing Wompcast...

Ask and ye shall receive

http://splitsider.com/2015/04/jessica-st-clair-and-lennon-parhams-womp-it-up-premieres-on-earwolf-april-20th/

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
doesnt CBB have some weird clause that if you make a show for them they own the characters that you use on that show? Or am I misunderstanding what cyberthug radio's problem was?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I can't imagine that's the case. A lot of the CBB characters have been part of the comics acts for years, and I've heard others show up on podcasts on other networks, like Don Dimello on Superego.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

feedmyleg posted:

I can't imagine that's the case. A lot of the CBB characters have been part of the comics acts for years, and I've heard others show up on podcasts on other networks, like Don Dimello on Superego.

That may be true in some cases, but from what I understand, Midroll owns Tom Leykis outright in exchange for him appearing on various programs. I think it's also a weird case since Nerdist does have some equity in Tom (NYSE: BLOWME) from his appearances on Todd Glass' show.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
No way. Tom Leykis is a real person, and James Adomian is just a guest. Are you saying they make all their podcast guests sign a contract giving up the rights to any material they come up with on the air before appearing on any show? Who would agree to that?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
And another thing: BLOWME doesn't seem to be a real NYSE symbol...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Evil Agita posted:

doesnt CBB have some weird clause that if you make a show for them they own the characters that you use on that show? Or am I misunderstanding what cyberthug radio's problem was?

Ahhhh I'm trying to rack my brain, i don't think you're bang on but there's *something* like that that caused a problem with them being able to sign. I'm sure the dude who isn't Scott from EW (the one with the account here) wrote about it. I think there was a long open letter thing he wrote in response to criticism and he talked about that and the Pepsi thing. Unless I"m combining two separate things.

e: Also psyched on the Womp It Up news. Been a long time coming, but glad they've got the time to do it properly now. Will listen to the first two on a long haul flight, it'll definitely ease the awfulness of not being able to sleep and having 13 hours to kill.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 1, 2015

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ahhhh I'm trying to rack my brain, i don't think you're bang on but there's *something* like that that caused a problem with them being able to sign. I'm sure the dude who isn't Scott from EW (the one with the account here) wrote about it. I think there was a long open letter thing he wrote in response to criticism and he talked about that and the Pepsi thing. Unless I"m combining two separate things.

It was Jeff Ulrich, and I think he said it was about compensation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think it was this earwolf forum post: http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/6330-issues-with-new-cyber-thug-radio/